Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits June Gab Fest

Julie....WOW 3 fills and my doctor hasn't allowed me to have 1 yet! IT's amazing how all of these doctors are different. I have my first fill next Tuesday, wish me luck!

Jenn, how was your fill? I can't wait to hear about it. Mine is GREAT. Just right. I'm freakin' GoldiLocks right now it's so right!

Your weightloss is AMAZING for no fill! Any tips you can share?

Take care,

Julie.......I had an "eventful" fill yesterday!! I passed out in the doctors office as he was about to start my fill!!!!!! I was so embarrased, but I felt it coming on so I was able to warn him and his nurse. He likes to fill the patient while they are standing up. I have a weak stomach and what did me in was when he attached to the port, it wasn't painful I could just feel the pulling. The next thing I knew I was sprawled out on the floor and felt like I had been to sleep for hours!! It was only seconds. My doctor is very good looking so that made it even more embarrasing and then as I was all done and trying to pull myself together I heard his nurse telling the front office staff..."that girl fainted on us, she just went under and fell to the grouund" My doctor was trying to be funny about it ....did I mention he is good looking and has a great personality!! (yes, I am happily married but it's ok to appreciate an attractive man) He only put 1.6cc in my 10cc band. He said he didn't want to over do it and the fact that I was loosing weight with an empty band he wasn't to concerned. I have another appointment in 8weeks. This time I will lay down for my fill!! As for my success so far, I think its the fact that I try to burn at least 700 calories during my daily work out. (I work out 5 days a week with at least an hour of cardio each day) Honestly, my eating habits arn't that good. But I feel that if I can burn off at least 1 1/2-2 meals worth of calories then I make up for the baked potatoes, pizza (only 1 piece), occasional bowl of ice cream or my favorite PE Orange chicken!! I eat a lot less of what I used to eat, but I still eat a lot of the same foods. (I know that' s bad, and someone will probley read this and lecture me!!) I look at it this way.. I had surgery to give me a tool to loose weight. I did not have surgery to end my life. I am still going to enjoy life and what it has to offer. If eating foods I enjoy (at moderation of course) makes me happy then I will continue to do it. As long I am still loosing weight and it doesn't hurt me. So far so good!! Now I am off to enjoy my 2 weeks of LIQUIDS.......YUCK!!

My doctor said that I am back on liquids for 2 weeks, yes because of my fill. Is that not normal? I think I need to start a new thread and ask, because I really don't want to be on liquids for 2 weeks!

My doctor said that I am back on liquids for 2 weeks, yes because of my fill. Is that not normal?

I've never heard of a two-week liquids period after a fill. Normal? More like a day or two!

Hey everybody!

I had a great time at my high school reunion. It was so strange to see everyone looking like ADULTS. I still think of us as young and carefree. Here's a picture of the dress that I eventually chose out of the four outfits I purchased. The others have safely been returned to the stores. My credit card is very happy for that.

And I had my second fill today. I'm now up to 2.0 cc and I'm down a little over 30 lbs. I think I need to go and update my weight loss on that thread.

Audra

*I'm the one in pink. Rhonda is the other person.

post-205523-13813133585173_thumb.jpg

Don't know how u guys do it? I am still stuck at my post op loss...can't seem to move beyong it no matter how much or how little i eat. Sometimes i feel like not eating at all out of pure misery...help!

Hey Alison, I'm glad you measured yourself. We all need to see something tangible for our hard work. Hang in there!!! One question though, are you getting enough Protein? That will effect the scale showing weight loss. Keep up your hard work eventually the pounds will come off especially since you are getting fills. I get my first fill this Thursday and I hope I can lose 10 more pounds before July 13th.

Roberta

Audra pink is your color, you look good. You've done well with your weight loss. I'm glad you had a good time at your reunion.

Roberta

Wow, Audra you look great!!!!! The dress you chose is beautiful, glad you had a good time...............!

hello Picardy3 the dress looks fabulous!

we r gonna have our school reunion (all classes since the founding of the school) so I want to look as good as possible. Im getting there a bit,my friends say that I have lost a lot but I cant really see it although my scale shows weight that I havent had for like five years:-)I will post some pics so you guys tell mi if I have lost or not

so do you see any difference?:) the first one is most current and the second one is on my op day

post-206647-13813133586385_thumb.jpg

post-206647-13813133586793_thumb.jpg

You look great Eficka, and you look so much happier also.........I must get my photos done also.......except I took the first in underwear and regret it now , hahaha!!!

I have an appointment on Monday, I fitted into my denim skirt this last week, but I think she might give me a small fill as I haven't lost much on the scale. i am off to Atlanta to see my sister, and want to look good for that, she doesn't know I have had it done, but I will probably tell her, as I think she is pretty suspicious anyway. Also I had a photo last week, and I could see cheekbones, yipee! And I need a smaller uniform for work. I could do better though and get more exercise!

HOw is everyone else!?

I hear u! I took my first photo's in a bathing suit....Front, side, back - the works....I can't even bear to look at them - how am i ever going to show them?? hehe. Good to see u'r post Amourette. Way to go Eficka - WOW!

Hello,

Amourette,thanx, I feel it on my pants but I cant see it:-)

Alisonb:now I regret it that I didnt take my pics in a bathingsuit:-)

Cmon girls post your pics:-) I will my pics in bathing suit and post them as well:-)