Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits June Gab Fest

Hello April group.

Sounds like many of us are in the same boat -- i.e. banded and glad about it but looking for that ever elusive "sweet spot." I'm going for fill #3 tomorrow. I'm just not there, restriction wise. I'm full for longer, but still able to eat large quantities. Trying to focus on eating just enough to not be hungry, but then I get hungry faster. Wish I could snap my fingers and be at perfect restriction.

I'll let you know how fill #3 goes.

Take care,

Hello Apirl Banders,

I am so glad I finally found this thread! I was banded on 4-3-06 and I havn't had a fill yet! My first fill is June 13th and I have many emotions about it. I know I need it because I feel like my "old" appitite is coming back! Thank god my concious won't allow me to eat like I used to. I have support group tonight and at the last one it seemed like I was doing better than most of the patients so I really wasn't allowed to voice my feelings. Even though I am loosing weight I find it frutstrating at times because the weight came off so fast at first (which I know and understand that is normal) and then I have lost and regained the same 3lbs for the past 3 weeks!! Hopefully this will change next week when I get my fill! Good luck to the rest of you!

Opps I had a brainfade!! Yes, I do know how to spell

APRIL not APIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am on summer vacation mode and my spelling has suffered from it!

Hello I was banded April 11 and have had my 1st fill but it doesnt seem to help any still hungry 3 hrs after eating going in June 22nd for 2nd fill Im down 20pds!!Ive got the 4cc band and first fill was 1.6.

I am due to get my first fill on Thursday but am having second thoughts. We are leaving Monday to visit some friends in Wisconsin. I don't want to be miserable my whole visit with the food issue as to what I can eat. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I think you might want to ask your doctor. How long do you plan to be away? What if the restriction turns out to be too much and you need to have some fill removed? I had my first fill only yesterday, so perhaps I'm a Nervous Nellie, but I would want access to my doctor for a few days thereafter.

Hello all.

I had my first fill this morning - 4cc's in a 10 cc band. The port site is a little sore this afternoon because the doctor had a bit of a hard time finding it so the manuevered the needle after it was inserted until he hit the spot. It really didn't hurt at all, I think I've given myself more pain than he did. He wants me to follow up in 5 weeks. I guess I'll figure out then if I will need a second fill or not. He is also very pleased with my progress as am I. I have not had this much hope for a normal life in a very long time.

hello everybody,

so I have hard time behaving:-] Im in Greece and the food is soooooo delicious.I dont have problems eating fried calamaries or tzatziki not even gyros.I havent had my fill yet and I guess I wont have it any time soon because my doc wants to wait for everything to heal.Im eating icecream and nutella and sweets so I bet I didnt lose any weight althugh I walk a lot.Oh well its my vacation and I will get back on the track once I get back home. The weather is so nice here 35 degrees Celsius in the sun and back in Czech republic its only 13degrees Celsius.Im afraid that Im gonna freeze once I get back.

I never vomited or anything but does burping a lot and feeling a bit sick not like throwing up or anzthing just "feeling the stomach" mean that I ate a lot or something I wasnt supposed to eat?I felt like this when I ate apricots {two small ones].

I admire all of you how you stay on the track,but I will get back as well once I come back from Greece.Have a great day.Eva

Well, I had fill #3 today and it was great! I was very vocal about how I didn't feel anything, even though I already had 7.6 in my VG band, so they took a more aggressive fill approach. They put the needle in while I was standing, and had me drink Water slowly while filling me until I could tell the Water wasn't draining very fast. Then they backed out just a little so I wouldn't be too tight. So, I left with 10.0 in my band. I'm going to strictly follow the liquids and mushies that my doc recommends for 4 days, particularly given how aggressive the fill was.

Even if I'm too tight (not that I think I am, just in the hypothetical), I'm glad to feel SOMETHING.

Yea!

Julie....WOW 3 fills and my doctor hasn't allowed me to have 1 yet! IT's amazing how all of these doctors are different. I have my first fill next Tuesday, wish me luck! I am nervous but anxious due to the fact that my appetite is slowly starting to increase. Hopefully this will give me a quicker sensation of fullness! Good luck with your "new life" weight loss! I am calling it a "new life" since I can already see how this is changing my life in so many positive ways!!!!!!!!!

hello everybody,

so I had my first PB and sliming on Saturday and it was so freaking bad that I wasnt able to eat real food (just soups) unitl today! It happened when I ate bread, so from now on when I see bread I feel sick. On the other hand its goos I guess:-)I wont eat bread for a while after this. I think it was entirely my fault because I didnt chew it properly...oh well.How is everybody else doing? Im back from my holiday in Greece and I want to go back so bad!!!!

Hello April Bandits!!!!! I've been exercising my butt off literally. I went for my first fill last Monday and to my Support group this Monday and had lost 2 more pounds. So I'm down 37# wooooooooohooooo!!!!!! I don't really feel like I have very much restriction, but I'm trying to trudge along and do like I'm suppose to. Way to go april bandits!!!!!!

Don't know how u guys do it? I am still stuck at my post op loss...can't seem to move beyong it no matter how much or how little i eat. Sometimes i feel like not eating at all out of pure misery...help!

Alison, hang in there girl it will start to come off. I'm sure you are loosing inches. Measure yourself and start keeping up with that. I measure every Sunday and have lost more than 50 inches. That is all over like 1 inch in my neck 3 inches on my arms 5 inches in my chest. Measure I bet you've lost inches. Good luck girl!!!!!

U know what - i am going to do that immediately! Need some encouragement and soon...will let u know. thx doll!

Ok - feel better now. Everything is getting smaller!! Yea!

Chest: - 2.5

Hips: -1

Stomach: -3.5

Arms: -2.5

Thighs: -2.5

Neck: - 0.5

Great stuff - now the weight must surely follow on the scale. Thx!!