Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

I love those Soups, but you might want to watch how much you eat, or mixin a little sour cream with it. the acidity of the tomatoes can cause swelling and irritation.

Just a heads up. It made me sore and i learned the hard way.

Hey Guys!

Stef and I are in day 2 of bandworld. We are really feeling bad today, very nauseous and severe pain. We can no longer take our painkiller because Stef gets blurry vision ad I break out in hives - argh!

We have been trying to move as much as possible but my one trip downstairs almost caused me to puke...so I am staying upstairs another day.

We think we have been dehydrated, so my husband set out all the Water we need to get in today before he left for the Cardinals game.

Any other recent banders feeling icky 2 days out? Also, I hear the 3rd day after surgery is always the worst for pain.

I can relate to pain, but it is KNEE pain of all things. I am having problem with the knee I had surgery on. I haven't had one bit of gas pain related to surgery...no shoulder pain or diaphragm pain so I consider myself among the very lucky. I had no pain when I had my gall bladder removed either, but this is no picnic. I do have quite a bit of port pain, but that I can deal with. I had my surgery last Tues. so I think if I was going to get the gas it would be here by now. I feel soooo sorry for you. I wish this didn't happen to so many after surgery and I'm thankful with my knee pain I don't have to deal with the pain of gas too. Hang in there, they tell me it gets better. I hope within the next couple days you will be on an uphill course and the gas will be gone....me I'm stuck with the bloody knee :rolleyes:

Well this will be my last post before surgery, once I post again I will be a newbie. We are leaving in a few hours to drive to CA for my surgery which is scheduled for Tuesday July 25 with Dr. Cirangle.

I am excited and nervous all at the same time. Good Luck to the New people getting banded and the ones who have already been banded. I can't wait to join you.

Dody, why can't you take loritab or something. I am on it since my neck surgery and I have 2 more ruptured discs in my lower back and my Doctor in Mexico told me I could continue taking it that it would not hurt my band. I was taking 4 a day but since some weight loss I now take 1 to 1 1/2 per day if I need it. I've got 5 bottles of the liquid loritab but I couldn't take it, nasty tasting. I just thought it might help you, I don't know.

Hope your feeling better soon, pain can be so hard on you, I understand completely. Let me know how you get to feeling.

It looks like us July Bandsters are all doing extremely well.

I have just finished my first week of liquids and have one more week to go.....I am soooo looking forward to MUSHIES!

Good luck to everyone

Jo

July 24 - Trish06

July 24 - Arceal

Good luck tomorrow. Let us know how you are doing when you can....

Hi all the julysters! I am glad everyone is doing good! I am getting nervous and a little scared. I have one more day to wait before I am banded. I am planning on cooking four or five meals tomorrow for my family and sticking them in the freezer. That will keep me busy. Oh and I also have to complete the laundry. YUK I hate laundry, I wish someone would invent throw away cloths!!! LOL My dd must change cloths three times a day. She is a diva and if there is the slighest spot on it she has to change.

Funny- I am planning on making the soup.. It was so good last time...

I am also making a veggie Soup with very little chicken (this will be ok to eat if i blend it right)

This too will be my last post before surgery!! I am scheduled for 11:00 tomorrow!! I will post something as soon as I get home on Tuesday. Good luck to all you on your up coming surgeries also!!!

My favorite food at this mushie stage are eggs, baked Beans, potato Soup and tuna salad. I've lost 18lbs so far! I was banded on July 5th! I feel GREAT- and some of my shorts are falling off already! Keep up the good work all us July Bandsters!

:clap2:

July 24 - Trish06

July 24 - Arceal

Best of luck to you both! I wish you a safe surgery and a speedy recovery. If you are traveling please try to take it easy! Let us know how you do~ I bet you can not wait to see those pounds fly off of you.

hey biggirlpantiez

My mom and I had a LOT of pain the first few days of surgery. By day 3, she was doing a million times better, but I was STILL in severe pain for several days after that. and i had the WORST nausea. She didnt have any. I still have nausea even now sometimes. It will get better though. DON'T worry! Just make sure you drink your liquids, because Constipation HURTS and the diarrehea that you get after taking a laxative is also annoying. Hope this helps!

And the doc can change the pain medicine, I got hives and they changed my pain meds to a different medication. I still get hives so now I know it was an adverse affect of the anesthia (sp). But I am still seeing a dermatologist tomorrow to check it out. Good luck and get better soon!

ok, i get to start eggs and fish today. yeah!! I am excited to try some tuna. I LOVE tuna! I am not so hot on eggs, but we will see.

As for the Soup, I made a pot of chicken soup, without the chicken chunks. I added the green Beans, some potatoes, a few tomatoes (not too many cause i can't take all the acid) and some brown rice. Boiled it up and it was soooooo good. the veggies and potatoes and stuff just turned to mush, so it is easy to eat. I poured it all into a bunch of 1.5 cup containers I got from Walmart (pack of 5 for 1.99 i think) and froze most of it. kept 3 in the fridge, and some on the stove for today. That should keep it all from going bad. It was a HUGE pot of soup.

Good luck all! I hope the band is going well! Sherri, how are you feeling? any pain? I am still congested. Are you happy about moving to fish and eggs today?

Funny - (sorry for being a Junester sneaking into the July group!) - I bought these eggs in a carton - brand is Egg Creations - chive and cheese flavor, and a microwave egg poacher that cooks two eggs, I fill both sides for two eggs worth and microwave according to the egg poacher directions. Let it cool, and add half a tablespoon of low fat mayo and mash it all up. It makes a cups worth of mock egg salad. Only 70 calories including the calories from the mayo! Or sometimes I eat them hot with butter spray from out of the microwave, just 50 calories. I love how they taste, they're pure protien - no fat, plus lots of nutrients. - 60 percent of your daily recommended B-12, 40 percent of daily recommended Vitamin A, etc, etc. I have some almost every day.

Hi everyone,

Great to see how we are all doing so well after our surgeries. The list of July bandsters that have crossed over to bandland keeps getting shorter.

I'm doing great. This is the beginning of week 4 for me! That means on to soft foods. Strangest thing though, I'm scared to eat real food. Never thought I would say that. LOL.

Well, take care everyone. Best of luck to all of you with your surgeries still to come.

My banding experience was great...I was given this great cocktail in the OR and don't remember a thing until I woke up ;) I have had absolutely no gas pain of any kind; can eat or drink anything...but I won't; take my pills without crushing them...doc said fine as long as they weren't time released, and except for a little port pain that is left I am truly wondering...do I really have a band??? I have no restriction yet, and don't get my first fill till the end of August.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Everything went wonderfully. Please don't even be nervous. It was a great experience.

God Bless