Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

this is tmi... just be warned.

So, last night I had sex for the first time since my surgery. I had a bit of an issue. I was very, very dry down there. I've never had that problem before. I am getting in all of my fluids... but I was wondering if anyone else had that issue? If so, did it get better or did you have to use lubricant?

Well heck.... I'm happy for you. LOL. I can't speak from experience because I am only 10 days post op, single, and currently not dating. But I have heard that depending on the medications you might be on and how long you stay hydrated it might correct itstelf.

It's pretty normal to experience these changes post-op. Our bodies have endured a lot, and chemical changes, anesthesia and hormones all are out of whack.

Everything should return to normal as you continue to recover. My husband was in Afghanistan during my recovery so I didn't have any firsthand experience. Once he returned home, all was fine in that department.

At first it was an issue, but no longer. I figured it had more to do with anesthesia and dehydration issues, but I forgot about it until you mentioned it as it went away a long time ago.

This has literally been my worst side effect (should probably count myself lucky!) I feel like I am more hydrated than I have ever been in my life. If it persists, I'll ask my doctor about it. Oh, that will be a fun thing to discuss with him =p

Hmm, this (dehydration/healing) might explain some... related male issues I've been experiencing.

lol, sneaky sneakerton in the girls section again! why don't you elaborate? :001_unsure:

I am not going into details. It's just that certain... male reproductive functions require a fair amount of Fluid to... conclude successfully.

And I am not Sneaky McSneakerton -- is this the gals only forum, or just focused on gal things? :001_tongue:

You ladies make appearances on the man forum (although we don't chat much over there, we just grunt and grill things), so all's fair in love and war and bulletin boards.

Ouroborous, you're crackin' me up!

Troy, baby batter?? I don't think I've heard that one since high school!! LOL!!