Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

30 pounds in 2.5 months?

I was wondering if you guys think that my goal to lose thirty pounds in 2.5 months is attainable? I was 257 before my preop diet, 243 the day of surgery (exactly one week ago), and am 230 today. I would LOVE to be under 200 by the time I start college, which is around August 15th... but I don't want to set an unachievable goal.

Hey I just basically asked this same ?

I want to lose 30lbs by Sept. My surgery is June15 so basically 10 weeks after my surgery I would like to have lost 30lbs!

Haha, I didn't see your post! Good luck!

Yep it is possible and I did it. It was my first goal to have lost 30 lbs by 8 weeks. I didn't know if I was being too aggresive since I was a sorta lightweight with a BMI of 36 (didn't have to do a preop diet). But I lost 30 lbs by 7 1/2 weeks! Of course now at week 9-10 I am in my first stall and hating it. But I keep following the rules of tracking calories, carbs, protien. Eating 600-800 calories/day, getting in my protien and Water. I haven't missed a day of exercise in weeks and lately have been ramping it up (hoping to break this stall).

Good Luck with meeting your first goal.

Frankie

Dr Aceves

VSG 03/22/10

Tomorrow, June 2, I will be 3 weeks post op and I have lost 34lbs (no pre-op diet...all lost after surgery!). It is definitely attainable! GOOD LUCK!

I would say YES. Think about it...... that's less than 15 pounds a month. It can be done. SO.... Go for it. Good luck with the weight lost and college.

I would think it's possible. But for women, and especially those who start with a lower BMI, the unfair truth is that you're not going to lose as fast as us guys do.

30 pounds in 10 weeks is doable. Just make sure to follow your doctors' instructions to the letter (in terms of hydration, exercise, Portion Control, total daily calorie intake, and so on). Also, try to keep your carbs lower (I'm not part of the wildly anti-carb gang -- I've seen some folks make great progress even with *gasp* 80-100 g of carbs per day, but still I believe that you should try to pick lower carb choices when possible). And of course, make sure your Protein and Vitamin levels are good.

But yes, you should be able to do it.

That's totally doable! I'd consider myself a moderate loser... not real fast, but not a slow loser either. I lost 20 lbs the first month and have been averaging about 10 a month since (I'm down an even 50 at four months and one week out).

Just for reference, I've lost 40 lbs in 5 weeks.

Of course, I'm a man, and I had more to lose than you. But still, yeah, you should be able to do it.

So it will be 2 months for me on the 8th of June and I have lost 28lbs I was at the same weight as you when I had my surgery plus I had lost 84lbs already from the lap-band. So I don't believe I am losing super fast but a very steady pace for me. So far I have had no stalls I have lost at least 1 pound every week. So yes you can do this no problem just stick to what the doctor says and drink your Protein and Water 2 most important things in your life now...and stay active.

Just for reference, I've lost 40 lbs in 5 weeks.

Of course, I'm a man, and I had more to lose than you. But still, yeah, you should be able to do it.

Well it has been 5 weeks for me and I have lost 20 lbs. I'm a woman, and admittedly I have less to lose. I'm taking in anywhere from 500 to 900 calories per day. And I have stuck to the plan religiously, including incorporating exercise. Which is surprising because I have very bad knees. Since losing the 20 lbs. I am not having nearly the pain I had though so it allows me to do lots more walking and working out.

But still... my 20 to your 40... WAH!

Definite yes! I was the same day of surgery had lost 33 lbs by week 8.

Aim for the Stars !

Well it has been 5 weeks for me and I have lost 20 lbs. I'm a woman, and admittedly I have less to lose. I'm taking in anywhere from 500 to 900 calories per day. And I have stuck to the plan religiously, including incorporating exercise. Which is surprising because I have very bad knees. Since losing the 20 lbs. I am not having nearly the pain I had though so it allows me to do lots more walking and working out.

But still... my 20 to your 40... WAH!

Sorry, darlin', testosterone is a harsh ruler: it makes my hair go away, but it also helps my gut go away and my muscles stay muscle-y.

You could always get steroid shots, if you don't mind going bald and growing a thick, lush mustache!

Edit: oh, and I should mention, that's 40 lbs. from my highest weight right before surgery. Since the sleeve, I've "only" lost 25-30 (depending on whose scale you ask).