Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

can you stretch your pouch early on?

Can you stretch your pouch early on when you are on full liquids?

No, liquids go through fairly quickly. If you're worried because you can take more in than others, don't fret. If you're worried because you aren't full, stop worrying.

You may heal faster, and not have as much swelling as others. That sometimes happens and people can get more in.

Liquids go right through especially if you don't have a lot of swelling. You're stomach nerves have also been severed, so you aren't going to get a full signal early out especially if you are sipping, and not gulping down your liquids.

Okay, thank you. I am literally in no pain and I just had the surgery a few days ago. I am getting in all of my liquids and the required amounts of Protein by my nutritionist (10 grams yesterday, 20 today, 30 tomorrow, and so on). I haven't taken a pain pill since the day after surgery and today I feel pretty amazing. I am having no problem with fluids, and I feel like I should be having a problem because everyone else seems to.

Not everyone does. I promise. Oregondaisy, was a band to sleeve revision, and she had to be told to slow down on her drinking while she was still in the hospital because she had no issues. There's lots of people that have zero issues. Just be thankful, and keep on sipping chickee, You're doing great.

Thanks! I am so glad I did this why I am still young! I think my age has been the biggest factor in my easy recovery.

I actually had almost zero issues from a pain perspective, and very little feeling whatsoever on the restriction for fluids. I too had to be told to slow down, since drinking too fast was causing my reflux. Now that I'm pacing myself, reflux is better.

If I could just kick this nighttime woozy feeling (other thread), I'd feel great and I'm only 3 weeks out.

Thanks! I am so glad I did this why I am still young! I think my age has been the biggest factor in my easy recovery.

Yeah, us geriatric sleevesters have it way worse LOL. Just kidding. . . :(

Oregondaisy was like 56 or 57 when she had her revision last year.

But, age can have some effect on recovery.

Yeah... I'm thinking about starting exercising tomorrow. I just did not expect it to be this easy (knock on wood). Ouroborous, I'm glad you've had an easy recovery too :( Hope your woozy feeling goes away!

Yeah, us geriatric sleevesters have it way worse LOL. Just kidding. . . :(

Oregondaisy was like 56 or 57 when she had her revision last year.

But, age can have some effect on recovery.

Haha, I didn't mean you! My surgeon just told me that age was one of the biggest factors in recovery.

It's a big factor. And folks from as young as you up until their 60's and 70's are getting sleeved. Obviously the senior citizen set has more problems and complications!

Well I'm 30 years young and i think age was on my side too. I also think b/c i had got up to 2.5 miles a day walking is helping with a speedy and safe recovery. So far I have been thinking "why did my doctor give me pain meds" cause i haven't felt not one yet, other than gas but that to goes away with walking i noticed. :thumbup:

Yeah... I'm thinking about starting exercising tomorrow. I just did not expect it to be this easy (knock on wood). Ouroborous, I'm glad you've had an easy recovery too :thumbup: Hope your woozy feeling goes away!

I'm so glad your feeling so good. My recovery was pretty easy too... just a little more sore than it sounds like you are.

I just wanted to throw in to be careful about the exercise. Even though your feeling great you are still healing. Don't push it and follow you docs instructions. Most say just walking for a few weeks. You don't want to mess up your lovely surgery.

Congratulations

Stacey

Yea, sounds like all you puppies are doing great. I'm 57 and still having pain in my side, the sleeve is great, can drink and eat without problems. But I have this stitch where they took the stomach out that is really giving me problems. Can't bend over, hard to sit down. So must be the age thing and maybe prior surgeries. But I am so glad that I have had this surgery. Getting older with a lot of extra weight just makes you unable to do the things you want, becoming diabetic, etc. I wasn't overweight when I was in my 30's, the weight just started coming on after menopause and I couldn't keep it off no matter what I did. So by having this surgery when you are young, you are way ahead of the game. Congratulations to all!!!

I had the pain in my side at the large incision too about a week or more out--at first I thought I had pulled something. I took it very easy for a few days and it did go away. Try not to twist or stretch while your resting it. If you need to pick something up from the ground (under 15 lbs only) then bend at the knees and don't bend at the stomach. If it does not feel better after resting a couple of days, then call up your doc.