Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having a garage sale - PLUS SIZE ONLY!!!

Good Morning,

I have decide that I can no longer hang on to clothes that do not fit anymore. It is costly to get clothes taken up...I use to wear 22/24 and I am down to 16/18 and some 14 depending on the designer. My home was damage in hurricane IKE and I had to buy a whole new wardrobe. It was only a year and a half ago. and some clothes I never wore. I gave alot of clothes to my BFF(s) and now its time to have a garage sale this Saturday and get rid of them. I feel "it so hard to say goodbye to yesterday". I love the new me and so it is time to move on....so Saturday, May 29 @7am...they will go on sale to anyone willing to buy them....and if I do not sell them, then I will pack them up on Saturday and donate them to Goodwill. I plan to sell shirts for a $1, Suit $5-$10, Coats $20 and Jean $5. This will also give me money to slowly buy new clothes. I don't worship material items, but you know when you have been in a place for :sleep0:so long, its hard to say GOODBYE! Someone has to relate to this, I know I am not along.....Much Love

I can relate. I've done many closet/drawer clean-outs throughout my weight loss journey. I began in 22/24 and got rid of things as I started to go down in size. I told myself I'd hang onto anything size 12 and smaller, but just this weekend I decided that I needed to clean out my 12's too. I have a pregnant friend who is an 8/10 normally and I told her I'd bring my 12's next week so she could have them instead of buying maternity clothes. I NEVER thought I'd be at a place where I'd get rid of this size because it's too big:-)

Good luck with your yard sale!!!

It was difficult for me to rid my closet of my fat clothes, and I finally did my last purge a couple of weeks ago. I had held onto stuff and I don't know why, but I hated giving up such a huge part of my identity.

I did save one shirt that was a size 22/24W, and had it taken in. It is now a dress. I wear it with footless tights, and I get complimented on it all the time. It literally comes down to my mid-thigh, and I don't have to wear tights with it, but if I bend over, everyone would get a free show.

I donated most of my business casual suits, and clothes to the local woman's shelter that has a job assistance program. Most of the women do not have clothes to wear to interviews because they left an abusive marriage so quickly, and/or can not afford to even buy used. They were so very appreciative of the donations. I took down 4/39 gallon lawn and leaf bags in hopes that they would be able to use them. I donated my casual stuff to Goodwill, and to a mission store as well.

I promise once you get rid of all that stuff, you'll feel great. Maybe a little sad for a bit, but once your closet starts getting stocked up with new smaller stuff, you won't even feel any love lost.

I am SO looking forward to this journey myself, I feel my largest size slowly loosening up and will start my stock pile in the corner of the closet soon I hope!

Congrats on this milestone, one of many!

I was just discussing with my mother that being able to enjoy shopping again is what I look forward to most about this process. That and losing my chin fluff and getting back my cheek bones again! I for one can't wait to have to donate my clothes cause they don't fit! Congrats

Yep - can totally relate. I HAD so many really cute clothes to hide my really BIG self. Hated to get rid of them, but so glad I can look cute now in any old thing I throw on. I don't seem to be as obsessed with wearing the "right" thing anymore, since just about everything looks flattering.

I've had several closet clean outs over my WL journey and really need to clean out my closet again. I have lots of 12s & 14s bottoms that are way too big and lots of XL tops that are way to big. Completely comfortable in 8/10 bottoms and M or L tops (I'm still busty although they shrank a BUNCH :thumbup1:).

Sometimes it gets frustrating finding something cute and then trying to wear it weeks/months later to find it too big - however not as frustrating as before surgery where I would find it too SMALL. :thumbup:

Can't wait to clean out my closet. I have been needing to re-organize for a while, but I still have some smaller sizes that I should be able to wear again in a few weeks. Both my kids got married 3 years ago, so I had dieted and bought clothes only to get too big for them. I was posting my son's wedding pictures and when I came down the stairs I fell and broke my rt ankle (hubbie put a stack of papers on the steps) needless to say I promptly gained 30 lbs. and had not been able to get them off!!! I have now lost 20lbs of it in just 3 weeks. I am amazed. I dieted like everything last year, worked out with a trainer, etc and only lost 20 lbs in 3 mo!!! This sleeve is amazing. I am so happy!! I'm going to look forward to getting rid of these old skinny clothes as they will be too big!!! what a joy!

Congrats!!!! For the ones you don't sell, consider putting them on here - there's a subforum at the bottom of the forums list for exchanging clothes. People on here might love to have them! (me!) :svengo: :lol0:

Awesome, i am already planning my yard sale...ha! When my friend had her GBPass, she gave me all of her plus size clothes, now i am going to be HAPPY to get rid of them...i think that in my mind i will be thinking what if i gain back the weight, since that is what has happened in the past, i guess that will take some getting use to...i am scheduled for surgery on June 5th and is now on my 3rd day of pre-op diet and it is starting to get a lil easier....good luck with your journey, can't wait to begin mine!