Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

? about Aceves please..

I have seen a few folks talking about a spinal with meds for pain after surgery, does he do this on everyone or just certain people? Sounds kinda nice to me :) I am scheduled with him June 15!!

I have seen a few folks talking about a spinal with meds for pain after surgery, does he do this on everyone or just certain people? Sounds kinda nice to me :) I am scheduled with him June 15!!

Sam, I'm not sure about that but just wanted to comment that your date is just around the corner! Aren't you excited? Woohoo!

My date is set for July 15th...

Sam, I'm not sure about that but just wanted to comment that your date is just around the corner! Aren't you excited? Woohoo!

My date is set for July 15th...

I am BEYOND excited! I can hardly sleep honestly. My husband says I am obsessed :) I just cant wait!

hi sam, wow so exciting for you. i did read a post you wrote on another thread about you having RA. i also have RA, it seems we have a lot in common, what did dr aceves say about your RA medications. super excited for you.... hope to tag along early august just working out the timing for our family. about the block... i have heard that also. hopefully one of the others who have had the surgery will comment. kelly

Hi, I have a very mild form of RA. As of right now I only take Mobic for relief. I will stop those a week before surgery. I have not taken methotrexate at all (thank goodness) and I have not taken Plaqunel is about a month. So I should be fine there. Thats the reason I was so happy when I found about the sleeve. The band would have been a big risk for me because of the high probability of needing steroids and lots of NSIADS in the future.

I had a spinal with Dr. Aceves. My friend who had hers at the same time had a higher BMI and they were not able to do it with her because they couldn't get the needle in the right place easily. I got the impression that they do a spinal with anyone they can.

Did they do it while you were asleep in the OR? Was it a big help? I cant wait

I am BEYOND excited! I can hardly sleep honestly. My husband says I am obsessed :thumbup: I just cant wait!

Pretty much the same deal at my house. Obsession!

I don't think you have to do a pro op with Aceves, do you?

I think the spinal is optional. I actually don't want it because I have scoliosis and I don't want anyone poking around back there! I heard the spinal works wonders for pain management though. Good luck with your surgery!

Pretty much the same deal at my house. Obsession!

I don't think you have to do a pro op with Aceves, do you?

I was told no liquid diet because my BMI was less than 40. I do have to do a one week diet of high Protein, low fat and carbs. I can handle that!:thumbup:

I went with Dr. Aceves two months ago today, and I was mostly sedated (I have a small memory) of getting the block in the OR. I experienced no pain post op. They take it out before you even get back to the room (that was with me, I know they left Angie's in) so you are able to use the restroom on your own, etc. I really liked it. I have had laproscopic surgery before and this was a far better experience.

Sam302004,

Dr. Aceves does this on all surgeries unless the person refuses

to have it done. They do it while you are on the table prior to

surgery but after they have started putting you under. I remember

them asking me to turn over on my side but don't remember much

after that.

Good luck, Dr. Aceves and his staff are great.

Gary

Hi Sam,

I am scheduled for surgery on June 15th too with Dr. Aceves. I'll see you there.

sam, i agree due to the drugs i take the band was not even an option, i have had RA for 24 years and i feel like i have taken all the drugs. so i guess my situation will be different. my mom had the sleeve in feb and has RA so i know what her doctor and our RA doctor instructed. thanks for the reply.

I was told no liquid diet because my BMI was less than 40. I do have to do a one week diet of high Protein, low fat and carbs. I can handle that!:thumbup:

ahh yes, don't mind my head today...slammed at work. I did mean pre-op diet.

You are LUCKY!!