Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Move over on the Bench, I'm Back from Surgery

Well, I did it. I got sleeved yesterday (Thursday May Th) and the surgeon said it went better than expected. I haven't taken any pain meds, only one gas X strip, and the best part is that I will not have the barium swallow unless I develop symptoms. I listened to everyone about walking early and lots, so I did that. SF popsicles are my friends, Jello is OK, the broth is awful. I start Protein Shakes tomorrow.

So move over on the losers bench, I'm here and ready to go. Thanks to everyone on the forum for all the great advice and especially the encouragement.:001_tongue:

congrats!!! good to hear you're doing well and sound so excited. wish you the best....please keep us posted.:001_tongue:

YAY! Jerry I am thrilled to hear you are doing so well. Thought about you and Christy all day. She checked in earlier. Glad to get an update from you. Take care and have a speedy recovery.

----->Making room for ya! Sounds like things went great! So glad to hear your up and about already with minimal pain. I had a hard time finding a decent tasting broth too, finally I just ended up draining it out of a cup-o-noodle...tasted great! Keep us updated!

I totally think it is not fair if you get to skip the barium swallow : ( LOL

I have been away for a couple of days so was wondering if you had surgery or not. Glad the surgeon didn't need to cancel!

Sounds like you are doing great! Bummer that you don't like broth tho! How about warm tea?? That was really soothing as well.

Hope your recovery goes smoothly!

Good for you Jerry. The first week I diluted the broth 1/2 Water, and I fount it soothing to my new stomach. Best of luck

YEEEHAAA! Sounds like your surgery went very well, and here you are on the bench. Congratulations!

First off Congrats on finding your way to the loser's bench, but don't sit to long in that spot cause I'm on my way to that bench Monday. :thumbup::redface1::thumbup:

Congrats on getting sleeved, sound like you did great.

Jerry, told ya, time will fly once you are on this side! Welcome and glad to have you here! My best advice almost 2 weeks post op is to take the eating/drinking slow, I am still learning that lesson. Excited to see your progress! Congrats!