Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone for Good Club - June 2006

i agree. those who stuck with the challenge and finished, or got close to finishing but have been abcent for a good reason should be kept on the list. if the others wish to join back up then by all means everyone is welcome. but lets keep the list to those who are actively participating. we need to focus on those and not the ones that might not want to be a part of it.

when GFG started a lot of other clubs were starting as well. i think that maybe a lot of people signed up for a lot of clubs, and have just settled into the ones that they feel best in.

the door is always open to return members. but for now lets focus on those who are staying and really get ourselves riled up. ;)

hey guys,

hows it going...been in a slump lately....I cant get this stupid eating down ...I have been snacking like crazy...I think I need a fill, but cant afford one right now, fixing to move in a few weeks to new apartments, so saving for that!

Hows everyone doing.....

Heathergurl....How is your training/gym workout going? Are you loving it or what??

P'nut..thanks for emailing me...that was very thoughtful.....you do a great job with this site....

everyone: Keep up the good work....

Have a good evening.....

Hi Cynthia! I'm so glad you checked in with the club. Someone grab Cynthia's hand and pull that girl out of the slump she's in!

PhotoNut, if they didn't finish, updated or even checked in with this new challenge then ..oh well.

We should just focus on whose checked in now. Some people who completed last's month's challenge may not even want to be a part of this month's challenge. I'd go by who registered a scorecard as an entry in participating.

Keep in mind that the GFG Club is not just about the Challenges. Those are just fun things we choose to do within the Club. The GFG Club was started for anyone who wanted/needed encouragement or support or friendship. So, I'm not looking at challenge involvement as a criteria for being active in the club. What I'm talking about are those who joined back when the club started and haven't weighed in or posted anything since. See?

P'Nut - I say PM all the people who haven't posted lately and sign it from PAT (tee hee) What do ya think Heather? Might be fun lol

As far as not eating flour and sugar -- P'Nut you DID say within reason - like no extras and no cake, Cookies, etc. eh? So it isn't really all that hard -just LOOK before putting in mouth!

I (SEE) P'Nut -- I say send them a PM and ask if they are still a member here ;)

Keep in mind that the GFG Club is not just about the Challenges. Those are just fun things we choose to do within the Club. The GFG Club was started for anyone who wanted/needed encouragement or support or friendship. So, I'm not looking at challenge involvement as a criteria for being active in the club. What I'm talking about are those who joined back when the club started and haven't weighed in or posted anything since. See?

Exactly. Therefore.. my response was, if they didn't check in now, then oh well. Do you see my point? Some people may not even want to be bothered.

For the Members who are MIA.

I say PM em, and if they don't show in a week - Deep Six em ;)

Ok, at the end of June, I will PM anyone who hasnt been active in the club at all. (No weigh ins, no posts, nothing) I know there are members out there who are still losing weight and I'd love to update them on the Members Page and move them up on the Honors Page.

I made a personal decision to not eat bread - or as little as possible (unbanded as I am) -- and no garbage lol like the other stuff listed there

And way back April 1st I gave up FRENCH FRIES for LIFE! yuck and double yuck - they are SO bad for you (for me anyhow) and I don't miss them one bit

Thank god for this challenge because prior to surgery, my biggest fear was that I'd falter and one day indulge in Doritos. My biggest downfall, salty chips. Peanut Butter is #2 on the list.

deleted my scorecard.....wasn't keeping up with it!

I will continue the Wednesday weigh ins though! They help with accountability!

Not at all Jorjet. Anyone's welcome, anytime! Tell us a bit about yourself, and if you want me to add you to the Member's Page (The first post on page 1 of this thread) then put your stats in your post too. You'll see in that post how people show their stats.

Then copy a blank scorecard and get started. The challenge started yesterday, and you wont get points for yesterday but you can still kick some serious butt with the remaining days! ;)

Welcome to the Club!