Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Protein Help - Fluids Stage

Hey All, Just call me lazy and that is the reason for this post. I am living in Norway and have no access to Isopure Protein Drinks, so I am lacking a bit on the Protein side. I have been told not to worry so much about Vitamins and protein during this stage, but then others have said otherwise. I did find a chicken Soup recipe I used last night that helped some I believe. Can I continue to just liquify chicken and fish and make Soups of them?

I had Type II Diabetes and have not seen a sign of it post op. AMEN! But, I do not want to drink to much milk in those Protein Shakes for the same reason. I was wanting to know if anyone had any ideas for me. Be creative, I love to cook, so anything would help.

Appreciate comments,

Rob:confused1:

Hey there, I'm pretty new at this myself so I don't have any wonderfully creative ideas for you but can you get Protein powders and what not? I have several different brands and I mix them all with Water. I cannot tolerate isopure...I think it's disgusting. I've taken to calling it isopuke...picked that up from tiffykins! lol

Also do they sell the Hood Carb Countdown Milk where you live? I use that to mix in my creamed Soups for added Protein as well.

Also greek yogurt has a lot of protein in it.

What was your surgery date?

i like the muscle milk light...just buy it at the grocery store here...has 15 grams of Protein a serving...will probably be very sick of it after two weeks but then i can have actual soft food with protein...hope this helps!!!

Hey there, I'm pretty new at this myself so I don't have any wonderfully creative ideas for you but can you get Protein powders and what not? I have several different brands and I mix them all with Water. I cannot tolerate isopure...I think it's disgusting. I've taken to calling it isopuke...picked that up from tiffykins! lol

Also do they sell the Hood Carb Countdown Milk where you live? I use that to mix in my creamed Soups for added Protein as well.

Also greek yogurt has a lot of protein in it.

What was your surgery date?

Hey there, GoodLife =D Thanks for your response - I do have access to protein shakes here and I am drinking on as we speak. From what I understand for every deciliter(100ml) I get 10g protein. I have to intake 1.5dl everyday, and more if I can sip past it :tongue_smilie:. I just bought the lactose free milk here and it has just 3.3g protein per 100ml. I did try a chicken Soup recipe that was actually really good. Here lemme share

30oz of Rotissere chicken

1c milk

-I added soy sauce for flavour YUM!

Anyway, I do have to explore other drinks and food I can liquify on Monday when the stores open again.

My surgery date was the 10th of May, so tomorrow is my first weeks weigh in...I am very excited.

I sent you a friendship invitation - Check my ticker for my next weight. Gonna update it to what it was when I was admitted last Sunday so it is current, and then I will update it tomorrow. What time zone are you in?