Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

blender, food processor, whatever...

What's the best blender or food processor for making mushie foods?

I just ordered the Biggest Loser AB-1001-BL 2-in-1 Double-Up 2-Speed Chopper and Handheld Blender from Amazon. It looks good and had some good ratings.

I couldn't justify the cost of a big food processor when the mushy stage doesn't last that long. I went to Wal-Mart picked up this mini-food processor, and it worked fabulously.

I think I paid $8-$10 for it, and now it's sitting under my cabinet, and hasn't been used in almost 7-8 months. My mother-in-law gave me her food processor, and it's sitting in a "junk" cabinet. I've never used it.

i also have a mini food processor which cost about 8-12 dollars. i use my processor all the time for general food prep. i have had mine for 13 plus years. i think this would work well for you.

Tiff and kbl,

Is the Majic Bullet similar to the mini food processors in the $10 range? I want something quick and easy to assemble, use and clean. I also want to be able to quickly make smoothies and healthy shakes. I have a blender that's never been used because it seems like too much trouble. I like the Bullet but don't want to pay that much.

http://www.buythebullet.com/

I used my fork and it worked great! : )

my mini food processor is a Black and Decker, i think. it may not be that good for the Protein Drinks. but will work great for the mushy soft phase. kelly

Love my magic bullet.

Love my magic bullet.

Does it work as advertised with ice to make smoothies? Or is frozen fruit better? I would be willing to invest in one if it will really get the job done. I want something that I could use at work as well as at home and something that will travel well.

I have the Walmart version of the magic bullet and I use it every day to make my Protein drinks. I also used it during my mushie phase. I am not sure what it cost cause my daughter bought it for me. I am sure anything you buy will work just fine. magic bullets are expensive and you can get something much cheaper that will be just fine. Anything you already have and use will work just fine.

Tiff and kbl,

Is the Majic Bullet similar to the mini food processors in the $10 range? I want something quick and easy to assemble, use and clean. I also want to be able to quickly make smoothies and healthy shakes. I have a blender that's never been used because it seems like too much trouble. I like the Bullet but don't want to pay that much.

http://www.buythebullet.com/

I didn't use Protein drinks. I hated milkshakes before surgery so I knew that I would not be able tolerate smoothie/shakes made with Protein post-op. It's a texture thing for me. So, I never even bothered investing in a magic bullet or anything of that nature. I already had a blender, and the only time it ever gets pulled out from under the cabinet is frozen margarita night LOL.

The one I grabbed at Wal-Mart is made by Hamilton Beach.

It looks just like this. I have used it a couple of times in the last few months for dicing up onions, olives, and various peppers. So, it does come in handy if I need it.

123199-260x260-0-0_Hamilton+Beach+Food+Chopper+72500.jpg

I will say that it is quick to assemble, and easy clean up.

I use the one above as well and I use it probably every other day and I'm not longer on mushy phase. It works well during mushy because you don't need anything bigger and its all dishwasher safe. Now I use it to make things like spinach blended into ricotta for recipes, I think its great!

I have the Magic Bullet, but my hubby is the one who uses it. He thinks it's great. But, then again getting to use something inside that goes "VROOOOM" makes him happy.

After reading the other responses I agree, things like the Vitamix are overkill. I have the mini blender and the magic bullet so it appears I am well prepared.