Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is my day 16 post op. Is it ok to eat half of a small chili from Wendy's?? i just did and I don't know if I should feel guilty. I feel pretty stuffed though

Depends on your doctor's guidelines... at 16 days I would have been doing purees only, but other people are cleared for stuff like chili after a week. Guess you could always puree the chili though, if you had to! I LOVE Wendy's chili, started having it at the soft foods stage and probably have it at least once a week now. :)

Goodness no! A small chili from Wendys only has 220 calories in it! 18 grams of Protein, 7 grams of fat, and 22 grams of carbs. If you only ate half... you would only be eating about 110 calories. That should definitely not make you gain weight. You'll be fine! :)

I feel paranoid its gonna make me gain weight or stall.. Should I be worried?

As long as you are following your surgeon's dietary guidelines, you shouldn't be worried. Especially such a short time out. Focus on your Protein, Water, and walking & you will be fine.

You'll be fine. Don't worry. My doctor let me eat that at two weeks out, but you should follow what your guidelines are. Everybody's different. What's your weight loss at?

I am a bit late to this but funnily enough my surgeon's office actually recommended Wendy's chili during the pureed (blended up a bit) and mushies (straight up) stage!

I love Wendy's Chili! But the tomatoes in it give me horrible heartburn post op. Makes me sad cuz I used to down spicy foods like there was no tommorow!

Glad I read this! I'm only 8 days post op but I've lost 20 lbs and I'm nervous that I'll stop losing as quickly when I start adding in pureed foods. I'm adding a stop at Wendy's to my calendar for week 4 (I'm staying on liquids for as long as I can possibly stand!)

Love that Wendy's chili now. Wthl a teaspoon of low fat sour cream. A small lasts for days!

Anyone have the chili from Chili's? Seems to be a little leaner, no Beans and tastes better to me. But the nutritionist says Wendy's. What do ya'll think or experience?

Yup, it is my go to food if I have to eat out. It hits the spot, gives you lots of Fiber and really is a pretty healthy choice. Stay away from the saltines if you are watching carbs. I was astounded at how much 4 crackers could mess up my calorie/carb count.

Anna

You may stall for a couple days....stay off the scale. Maybe once a week, weigh. Your body is getting used to what you did to it, what you're putting into it and how much exercise you're getting. Eat what works, just carefully.