Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am keeping in you all prayers. Do they have a counselor you all can talk with hehelp me fight the depression. I took two months for my leak to heal.

Oh my I am so sorry to hear about this. Please let us know what you find out when the Dr comes back in

Champ... I don't even know what to say. How horrible. Please know my thoughts are with you.

Hey Champ.... I was just thinking. Maybe start a thread here and at OH, a little shout out to Austin area sleevers. Maybe there are others in your area who have gone through something simmilar. It may be good to make a connection with someone in your area. Just a thought

Stacey

My heart breaks for you all right now!! I am so very sorry that she is still struggling! I just know she is going to get better though! Try to stay positive Champ! So many people are praying for your family! Things are going to turn around. Hang in there!!

Big Big HUG!!!

I know you are devastated. From what I have read a leak takes time to heal. I am so sorry for the suffering you all must endure. Hang in there Champ, your wife will recover, be reassured and reassure your kids. Stacy's idea may be beneficial if you connect with someone in your area maybe they can meet up with you and give you some practical support. I will pray for her healing and for both of you to be strong and have faith that at some point soon she will be on the mend.

Well we are back in the room after her recovery, she looks amazingly strong and is more pissed than anything. The Dr. told me that he thinks the 1st set of stents, which rested in the bottom of her stomach, the top part may have actually held the hole open. So tomorrow AM we will have an x-ray to see if the new stent has remained in place and go back home. Unless the Dr. has any other suggestions....

Also I feel like I'm repeating myself, but THANK YOU everyone for your thoughts and prayers, it helps me out alot. Oh and I do read aall this to my wife so she feels your support too! :rolleyes:

I'm so sorry to read about everything that you and your family are going through. I wish there were something we could do to make everything fast forward to a time of complete healing and recovery. I am praying for that to happen as quickly as possible. Your wife is very blessed to have your love and support, and I believe that she will eventually have a wonderful success story to share.

Wow, I am so sorry that your family is having to go through this. How fortunate you both are to have each other. Please keep us posted. Hope tomorrow looks better.

Champ - please pass my thoughts onto your wife as well.... it really sucks that you've all had to go through this - and I do hope it resolves itself soon. In the meantime the suggestion about support in your area was a good one.

Be strong

I'm thinking of you all

Kathy

I did just create a thread for the Austin/Central TX area. The Dr. who removed the stents came in this morning to talk too us, he says it may have been the lower stent that was holding the hole apart. So they did another x-ray this morning to see if the new stent has moved. She has been having nausea last night and vomited once. I guess I can only hope and pray that this stent stays in place and that it will heal (BTW, looking at the hole itself, it appears to not have decreased in size at all). I will post an update of what the primary doctor says today, and the x-ray results.

Update: Just got some promising news.....the stent remains in place, ALTHOUGH the Dr. is thinking that there is a small pouch type covering where the leak is, he believes it may be completely sealed. They are planning on shooting some dye into the drain to see if it leaks anywhere else (and given her current health, he doesn't think there is). If there is no leak from that test, he takes the drain out and we are done. If there is a leak, then we leave the drain in and try to keep moving forward. I think the Dr. who did the procedure yesterday confused me a bit and made this sound worse than it is. I will update after the procedure today.

Great news Champ. This will end up being a bad memory, but for now we all understand how stressful this must be for you. Hang in there. It will get better. Les

Just read this whole thread for the first time today. Champ, hang in there and continue to be the strong support you obviously are for your wife and family. It's the worse case sleeve senario. You are defintely in my prayers, and I do beleive in the power or prayer.