Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I agree with goodlife. I think you're doing great. You started at a much smaller weight (274) and according to your ticker you're now at 256.8. You've lost close to what I have lost. Our surgery dates are also 1 day apart. I think you're right on track.

Just wanted to say that I LOVE your signature line!!!

Thanks everyone who did in fact post something encouraging, I really appreciate it =D

The following message is not for you = D

OK soo now, I have to be a BITCH, because someone is well...nevermind, name calling is not nice.

FIRST of all..... MY incisions are NOT infected....If you "watched" my videos, you sure didn't watch with the volume up...I took my stiches out earlyISH...I was told 7-10 days, but that they prefer I take them out after 10..I took them out on day nine....So thanks, but try ACTUALLY LISTENING next time....

SECOND.....I did not expect to drop all the weight in a week..I am upset because 90% of the time I FOLLOW THE "RULES" yet my body only gave up 17 pounds the first week and has yet to give up anything else. For those of you who seem to think I am stupid, please stop responding to my post. I do like exercise, but I am not allowed to do any until Week six.... What I am also upset about is larger people like me seem to lose more quickly except me...BASICALLY the whole post is about me pretty much being jealous that I am not losing like them...and I want to be..and I am worried because i haven't lost ANYTHING since the first week... I did not ask everyone to jump all over my ass and tell me how wrong i am doing things....so thanks for your backwards encouragement....

For now I will try to stop worrying...

I think it's great that you are doing a VLOG. I don't know what kind of feedback you are referring to but I have found that even when critical most people here are really just trying to help, (don't know about youtube). I saw your videos and worried for you when I saw the open incisions. I guess I'm overly cautious because I just wouldn't have the courage to remove my own stitches. I still struggle with feelings of repulsion for many many foods...so I can't relate to you being able to eat some of the things you have been. It's hard for me to wrap my mind around "stalls". I have them too. It's so difficult to believe that my caloric intake is so little and I can remain at a same weight sometimes for 3 weeks, give or take a lb or two. I do get what you mean when you say that food is now on your mind more than before the surgery. Before surgery I wasn't too concerned since I took what I wanted to eat and when for granted. Now I often strain to think of what and when to eat, how much and the nutritional content of what I eat. It's gotten better over time and I've lost a bunch of weight but I am yet to feel elated. I'm somewhat glad dressing is easier, knees hurt less, etc...but I am not too happy that I have to put so much effort in food planning.

I am also in a stall. Lost 20 lbs in the first 8 days after surgery and then it just stopped. I'm now nearly three weeks out from surgery and still haven't lost any more. I'm not eating candy or sweets or anything else bad. Just broth and Jello and Water and Protein Shakes. Hang in there, everyone says. And so I shall. But this really is unexpected, and I can't help but feel disappointed and discouraged. My mind tells me to just be patient, but my heart feels differently.

I am also in a stall. Lost 20 lbs in the first 8 days after surgery and then it just stopped. I'm now nearly three weeks out from surgery and still haven't lost any more. I'm not eating candy or sweets or anything else bad. Just broth and Jello and Water and Protein shakes. Hang in there, everyone says. And so I shall. But this really is unexpected, and I can't help but feel disappointed and discouraged. My mind tells me to just be patient, but my heart feels differently.

Have you tried switching it up a bit? Raise the Protein for a few days, then more calories, then go back to the plan. It has worked for me.

This truly is a mental challenge as much as a physical one. I have said over and over again that I had no idea how addicted I was to food until after the surgery. I have been fortunate to be able to eat a variety that makes me happy at this point, just not enough quantity, mentally. The stomach certainly gets full and lets me know tho!

I just don't think it is possible to cut your intake so drastically and never lose anything again. It might be hard and slow, but will happen.

and yes - hang in there! :lol4:

If you go to her profile and search all her threads, she started a thread saying she had begun her VLOG. That's how I found it.

I hope I didn't offend you, I meant what I said as advice because you seemed frustrated. I can only speak for myself but my intentions where only to be helpful, but I assume that is what most people on the boards mean. Good luck.

You absolutely did not offend me...I just get frustrated with folks when I just asked for a little comfort and I get a list of things I am "doing wrong"......Or things they think I am doing wrong, like the incision thing....that DOES piss me off....you were sweet so thanks = D

Our starting weights were very similar. My highest was 283 before the pre-op diet. Surgery day, my weight was 274. My surgery was 3/30. Today I weighed in at 249. So I had my surgery about 3 weeks before yours, started at the same weight, and I've lost 7 more pounds (in the additional 3 weeks). My guess is that in the next three weeks you will have lost another 7 pounds as well. Our bodies do all kinds of crazy things with Water when we lose fat. My guess is that the 17 lb weight loss that was so fast was a lot of water, and that your body has been gaining back a little of that water as you have continued to burn fat. The same thing happened to me, but not for as long. I lost 10 pounds the first week, then I didn't lose an ounce for the next week. I get frustrated too when I don't get the reward of seeing the scale move down. Hope you get to see that scale move soon!

So... now you have to let us know when the scale moves again. Maybe when yours moves I'll dare to weight again!!!!! I'm too scared right now... it will absolutly crush me. Hang in there. Theres no way this cant work

It moved today....254.8 this morning = D..I just think I need to walk more....and REALLY pay attention to what I am eating.......I am going on a walk soon to keep up the sexy downward momentum = D