Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am STILL not losing. It is almost three weeks out, and honestly I am PISSED. I SWORE to myself, that I wouldnt do this, that I wouldnt be upset if I hit a stall or whatever. That was a lie. I feel like I did this surgery for no reason right now, and I HATE to say that, but I just dont understand what is going on. I eat atleast HALF if not a quarter of what I used to. I spend more time thinking about food NOW, then I ever did before surgery, which is the complete opposite of what I wanted. I am just frustrated and the longer I dont lose the more stressed I am getting. I hate this.

I really don't have any answers for you. I just wanted to tell you I totally understand your frustration. I had my surgery about a 10 days before you and i have had as much as 5 pound swings in my weight from one day to the next. I didn't lose a single pound in my pre-op diet...which is freakin weird....and I did it for two weeks. I have lost since the surgery so your weight loss and mine is almost identical...but for different reasons.

I just wanted to tell you we are out here listening and your aren't by yourself. This is a big shock to our bodies and our minds....

Hang in there - I know it must be easy to give this advice when its not me in that position, but try and think of it as a long term thing - we didn't all gain the weight overnight, and we can't loose it that way either. I realise the weight losses are large, but everyone is different.... you'll get your loss sooner or later.....but in the meantime try not to get upset over it.

And as Goodlife says - you're 17lbs down... which is something to celebrate!!

Big hugs

Kathy

I agree with goodlife. I think you're doing great. You started at a much smaller weight (274) and according to your ticker you're now at 256.8. You've lost close to what I have lost. Our surgery dates are also 1 day apart. I think you're right on track.

Well I've got you beat -- I've *gained* two pounds since surgery day. I know it's all Water retention as my body tries to cope with the "injury" it received, but still -- my weight is not supposed to go in THAT direction!

I tried to post the links for you but I couldnt figure out how to make them active... anyway...

there's a thread started by oregondaisy called "good article on weight loss stalls" She posted one and then below her swiftflow posted one. There is some info about glycogen storage etc in the second one that was very interesting.

The scale has tremendous power over me. That number can make or break my day. I came home from the hospital and weighed myself everyday. I swore to myelf that the first day I didn't loose I would put the scale away because that marked the begining of the inevitable stall.

I only lost 14 lbs before this started. So far I have been able to stay away. The scale takes four batteries and I have them hidden around my room.

If I was weighing every day and saw those stalled numbers I think I would be miserable..... I would probably fall into my old behavior and feel so defeated that I would throw in the towel and start finding ways to "eat around" my sleeve as I raised my fists to the heavens.

I guess what I'm saying is ....put your scale away and trust your sleeve.

The equation is valid. Energy in - Energy out = lost weight.

So.... I know i'm sounding a little preachy but i hope it helps.

Seriously, you're pissed about losing 17 lbs. in only 3 weeks? Really? Or am I misunderstanding something? :001_smile:

I make a conscious decision to not get on my scale everyday because I don't want to be disappointed or get discouraged.

I had my surgery on the 28th and when I went for my post op on the 4th..I had lost 8 lbs. I thought it was OK especially since I came home from the hospital weighing 13 lbs more than I did when I went in. But then 2 local girls I had met who had surgery right around me lost a lot more than me..

I absolutely refuse to let that get me down. Neither of them had pre-op diets....whereas I had pretty much been dieting for like 5 weeks before my surgery and had lost 24 lbs.

Tiffany,

Make sure that you are tracking EXACTLY what you are eating on OH, the daily plate, or fitday.com. Seeing how you are doing with fats, calories, and Protein will help you know if you need to tweak anything or not. Also if you plan exactly what you'll eat and drink in a given day it will really make a difference in the obsessiveness and won't let you get to that nervous place where you don't know for sure what you're going to have so you make a bad choice. I haven't hit any true stalls, but I will stay at the same weight for a week and then when I step on the scale bam, something changes. You will have your big moments too, but really 17 lbs is over 5 lbs a week. You are well on your way sister!

Tiffany,

As we talked about last night, change it up. Don't sabotage yourself. I like wannalise's idea of planning meals for the day ahead. Do a day or two of Protein shakes only, eat regular for a couple of days (500ish calories, etc), and then bump up the calories for a couple of days. Might be enough to get your body going.

I also lost the majority of my weight in the first week or two. Since then, it has been much slower. When I look back at my calendar, there are definitely times that I only lost a pound in a week. Overall, my average is ok, but those weeks happen.

Have you remeasured since pre-op? Are you clothes fitting any different?

And, silly girl, how are your incisions doing since you took out your stitches too early?? LOL I hope they are closing up on their own and healing well : )

You can and will do this. Today is a new day. Start over. Fresh page.

as always, call or text anytime! luv ya!

Follow the rules! You shouldn't have taken out your stitches........you all infected because of it. If you're doing that, then what other things are you doing not on the program. This procedure is only a tool, and does not solve any other problems you may have. Get enough Protein to heal 60-70 G. get enough liguids, don't eat solid foods. Dont' screw up your opportunity.

:biggrin0:Well you know they say if you're not losing weight you'll be losing inches. Maybe thats whats happening. Grandma64:noidea:

I really really do want to be supportive, but after watching your most recent video, I find it difficult to do so. So you guys can flame me if you like, but I'm going to say my piece. Yes many people experience stalls, but you are sabotaging yourself by eating things like candy this early out. And yes, you probably are going to have to work out. It may seem like it's easy for everyone else, but we really do have to work at it. And yes, you probably will have to continue to work out even when you get to goal. For me personally, I had to surgery to get all-around healthy, which includes working out, not just to lose weight. It is a huge lifestyle change, not an overnight fix. I feel kind of bad that you didn't realize this before you had surgery. I'm not trying to be a complete jerk, and I do sympathize with the stalling, I really do, but it is frustrating to me when you say you just want to be like all the other people who had surgery and the weight just melted off. It makes it feel like you think we have it so easy.

So I hope your stall ends soon, I really do. And I totally empathize with the obsessingoverfood thing. I am the same way even now, and I think it's something most of us go through at some point or another. But you also need to realize you took the step to make a life change. You're going to have to let the sleeve work for you. You can't eat stuff like candy and ice cream and expect big losses. It just doesn't work that way.

Really, your body is just getting used to the idea that it just gave up 17 lbs. You will lose again. I never lost every single week. I would plateau for 2-3 weeks, then the next time I got on the scale, I would be down 5 lbs.

You'll lose the weight. Try not to worry.