Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For those of you who have been praying for my sister Linda and our families, I would like to thank you ever so much! Your prayers have been answered as Linda sent me a brief email yesterday and I will enclose it below!

For those who don't know, my sister suffered horrible complications at the new Jerusalem facility (Almanza/Betancourt) in TJ Mexico back in January, and has been hospitalized ever since (still there). She was the 6th sleeve Almanza did that day, her surgery started after 10 pm! She had a leak that went undetected while there and the resulting infection sent her into septic shock, with a collapsed lung, severe dehydration and renal failure, she had about 6 emergency surgeries in the weeks that followed to flush out the pus accumulating in her body cavity and the infection went ballistic, causing all kinds of problems with porousity thrughout her esophagus. We were not sure she would make it in those first weeks.But she did, thank God, and now the end is in sight! It has been a nightmare mostly ever since, and she still has not had any food or drink by mouth (other than for leak tests)

Here is her email!

Donna,

I drank a glass of cranberry juice and it didn't leak out of the stomach today! Yesterday I went through the hell of a CT scan after drinking more of the dreaded contrast Fluid (threw up 3 times) but it was worth the torture. My surgeon today told me the results were all healed tissue she was looking at and that if I pass the juice test today I can probably go home in a couple of weeks, this time without the home care IV bags to feed me. I'm supposed to start liquids and mush, etc. soon.

There is a God! (As David Jones likes to say)

I will still have to have plastic surgery for the skin grafting of my now healed stomach wound and also hernia surgery. One time at a time, slowly but surely.

LLJ

Donna,

I am so glad Linda is on her way to a full recovery. She will still be in our prayers and hope to hear she is completely healed soon! Thanks for updating us.

How awful. Linda had everyone's worst nightmare. I am so happy that she will have a full recovery, I remember it was touch and go for awhile there. But, many here have been saying their prayers for her. She must be so weak right now. Best wishes to all.

so gladto see your post on here. I am happy for Linda. She has really been thru it. Give her my love andvery best wishes for a full and speedy recovery. IIs it too soon to ask if she has lost weight? I know she cares! I just want to be supportive of that effort also. She will be home soon I just know it. ((((hugs)))))

Donna,

I am so glad you posted. I have been wondering about you and Linda. Please know you both are in my thoughts and prayers. It has been a long road for you both and I know that you are exhausted. Better times are ahead for you both. <<<<HUGS>>>>>

So glad Donna for the good report, you guys have been in my thoughts/ prayers. Please continue to keep us updated...

For those of you who have been praying for my sister Linda and our families, I would like to thank you ever so much! Your prayers have been answered as Linda sent me a brief email yesterday and I will enclose it below!

For those who don't know, my sister suffered horrible complications at the new Jerusalem facility (Almanza/Betancourt) in TJ Mexico back in January, and has been hospitalized ever since (still there). She was the 6th sleeve Almanza did that day, her surgery started after 10 pm! She had a leak that went undetected while there and the resulting infection sent her into septic shock, with a collapsed lung, severe dehydration and renal failure, she had about 6 emergency surgeries in the weeks that followed to flush out the pus accumulating in her body cavity and the infection went ballistic, causing all kinds of problems with porousity thrughout her esophagus. We were not sure she would make it in those first weeks.But she did, thank God, and now the end is in sight! It has been a nightmare mostly ever since, and she still has not had any food or drink by mouth (other than for leak tests)

Here is her email!

Donna,

I drank a glass of cranberry juice and it didn't leak out of the stomach today! Yesterday I went through the hell of a CT scan after drinking more of the dreaded contrast Fluid (threw up 3 times) but it was worth the torture. My surgeon today told me the results were all healed tissue she was looking at and that if I pass the juice test today I can probably go home in a couple of weeks, this time without the home care IV bags to feed me. I'm supposed to start liquids and mush, etc. soon.

There is a God! (As David Jones likes to say)

I will still have to have plastic surgery for the skin grafting of my now healed stomach wound and also hernia surgery. One time at a time, slowly but surely.

LLJ

Wow, what a horrible time your sister is having of all this. . .1 out of 6 and it had to be her huh? That is terrible. . . my question is why did he do 6 surgeries? Don't they limit themselves? Wow, my doctor only does 4 a day and that is it! Terrible what happens when money is a factor! I'm so sorry this happened to her, so very sorry. . but i'm very glad she is ok and on the road to recovery. . is she at least back in a Canadian hospital or still in TJ? Bless her heart. . .prayers and best wishes go out to her and your family. . . take care and keep us posted. . .

Donna,

Thank you for letting us know how your sister Linda is doing. It's so good to hear that she is feeling well enough to send you an email. The content of her email makes it obvious that she has a strong spirit.

You are both very brave to keep sharing her story and if it helps just one person or leads to one positive change, then any negative responses you get for posting her experience won't matter.

Thank you so much Donna for keeping us updated. prayers for her continued recovery. She has been through so much!

Donna,

Thank you for letting us know how your sister Linda is doing. It's so good to hear that she is feeling well enough to send you an email. The content of her email makes it obvious that she has a strong spirit.

You are both very brave to keep sharing her story and if it helps just one person or leads to one positive change, then any negative responses you get for posting her experience won't matter.

Amen Mary!!

Amen!!

:thumbup:

So happy to hear that you sis is doing well. Sending prayers to you both:)

VV2010

Well folks been a bit since I last updated you on Linda's progress. She has been at home now for almost 3 weeks as it looked as tho her leak had finally healed there in the hospital. She is off her PTN line (liquid food)- still has her drain in and homecare visits a few times a week to change her dressings for her abdominal wound. However not all is well, she is leaking again, and they are taking a wait and see stance, so I guess they don't consider it serious unless it gets infectious again. She is Tiny Tummy on this site if anyone wishes to cheer her on! Other than that she is happy to be home and in her own bed! Not a lot of energy or strength yet, but losing weight for sure!

Two more really recent posts that sound familiar are here:

check them out!

RollTideRoll's Profile

and

Prissy4115's Profile

they need our parayers for sure!!!