Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any People With Gastric Sleeve Leaks?

Are you being serious?

yes, this is too much for a 16 years old :(

Hansi

What cause your stomach to rupture?

Leesa

I wore my CPap way too soon after surgery. The forced air causd the rupture. CPap's should not be used for atleast 4 weeks after surgery from what I am told.

Wow. That's interesting buy sounds like it would make sense. Why didn't the dr tell you? I am 98% sure I am having the surg. I am just soooo worried about complications. I am "healthy" now. No issue but overweight. So I am nervouse.

Thanks

Wow. That's interesting buy sounds like it would make sense. Why didn't the dr tell you? I am 98% sure I am having the surg. I am just soooo worried about complications. I am "healthy" now. No issue but overweight. So I am nervouse.

Thanks

The pulmonologist should have been the one to tell me but she didn't. I just finally let it go because I am better. The doctors were very worried about me and were there for me at any given moment that I needed them. I know you must be worried. I was just like you. I was just hitting 39 bmi and had nothing else except for sleep apnea. I never thought that a problem could happen to me. My husband had his done about two months before me and he NEVER had a problem. I feel that the surgery is well worth everything I went through. I feel wonderful now and have so much energy.

Pic line should be good if kept clean and operated properly. I had no more veins for the to stick. Less painful in long run. I am 2years out my operation and the leak was bump in the road ( suck at the time) don't regret operation matin same weight for a year . Blood work and blood pressure excellent. Now will only see dr once a year. Less food more money for golf

Why did you have a pic ?

I had a picc also. The PICC line was put in for long term use in place of an IV. It provied access for all of my medications and IV food. My line was in for almost 4 weeks. You would not need a PICC line unless there was a problem. It was not horrible to have and was less painful that a regular IV. Sounds worse than it is.

Hansi

i have a leak. im 8weeks post op & my leak was discovered at 5weeks. they placed a stent in me on jan 26th & it has truly truly truly truly TRULY been hell. i definitely regret surgery. i am down 50lbs & i rather had gained 50lbs than to have lost it. the stent has been making me seriously sick. i cant eat & i can barely drink. it had me fighting the urge to vomit 24/7 & i would vomit about 3-5x a day & i even wake up in the middle of the night to throw up in my mouth & hand!

on friday, i couldnt take it no more & i demanded that they remove the stent. they refused & told me that if my leak hasnt healed, i can become seriously ill & could die. i said fine! they sent me for a xray which showed my stent had migrated.

long story short, they were going to remove the stent but it was still covering the leak so they decided to just re-adjust it. since re-adjusting (friday), ive only vomitted 2x. im not fighting the 24/7 urge to vomit but i do feel pain.

they are going to remove the stent on feb 20th so im counting down the days & im praying it comes fast. i want it out.

by the way, my only symptom of my leak was me throwing up bile 2x.

i have a leak. im 8weeks post op & my leak was discovered at 5weeks. they placed a stent in me on jan 26th & it has truly truly truly truly TRULY been hell. i definitely regret surgery. i am down 50lbs & i rather had gained 50lbs than to have lost it. the stent has been making me seriously sick. i cant eat & i can barely drink. it had me fighting the urge to vomit 24/7 & i would vomit about 3-5x a day & i even wake up in the middle of the night to throw up in my mouth & hand!

I am so sorry. When my stomach ruptured the doctor wanted to place a stent. I started doung internet research and decided to refuse that option. I ask my doctor to just place the feeding tube and allow my stomach to heal that way. I do not understnad why they can move the stent but cant take it out. You could have a feeding tube to bypass the stomach and give it time to heal.

I know you feel like this is the worst mistake you have ever made in your life. I was so sick I wanted to die! I promise that feeling will go away, YOU WILL FEEL BETTER. It felt like it took forever but looking back it did not take that long. Please hang in there and I am here if you need someone to talk to.

it sucks horribly!!! but thank you very much. i have another thread "i definitely regret surgery..... so far" in the "tell your story" part of this site. i post often there

I am so sorry. When my stomach ruptured the doctor wanted to place a stent. I started doung internet research and decided to refuse that option. I ask my doctor to just place the feeding tube and allow my stomach to heal that way. I do not understnad why they can move the stent but cant take it out. You could have a feeding tube to bypass the stomach and give it time to heal.

I know you feel like this is the worst mistake you have ever made in your life. I was so sick I wanted to die! I promise that feeling will go away, YOU WILL FEEL BETTER. It felt like it took forever but looking back it did not take that long. Please hang in there and I am here if you need someone to talk to.