Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My APRON ----UGHHHH!!!!

I cannot wait til all this is done. My PANN area of my lower abdomen is beginning to get on my last nerve. It would be nice to have this removed instead of VSG, but then I may not still be happy, huh.

How do some of you feel with your hanging Pann/Apron pre and post op?

I started off at 270, and if you look at my before pictures, you will notice that I was extremely round and carried all of my weight in my upper torso with a large portion of my weight sitting in my abdomen.

Because of my weight loss results with VSG, and my intense ab/core workouts starting around 5 months post op, my abdomen has shrunk immensely, and I no longer have the apron. I have a little fat roll on my lower abdomen with some excess skin, but essentially my stomach has shrunk up significantly. If someone would have given me the option to have just my tummy fat removed or VSG, I would have chosen VSG.

I won't ever have a flat tummy without plastics. I had a severe c-section, and my scar stretches from one side of my lower abdomen clear to the other side right about my pubis bone.

I'll never get rid of the little flap without plastics, but it has lifted, tightened and shrunk immensely in 11 months. Least to say, when I stand in front of the mirror, I have zero issue seeing my private area. Before, I could not see it because of my hanging stomach fat. I was pretty much shaving blindly, now it's so much easier to maintain certain areas because I can see everything. I do not wear any shapers, girdles, or anything of the sorts at this point.

LOL as jealous as I am, most people arent quite as lucky as Tiffy. Most people have one when they are done (esp if you carry alot of weight in the lower part of the apron I think). BUT, it is soooooo much better as you lose weigh. For me there were awkward periods where it bothered me more then other times. But overall, it is much better. Sexy? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. But managable. Everyone tells me they cant see it when I am dressed in regular clothes now (I dont really hide it in work out clothes)

Great detailed info. Thank you. And you do look nice.

I have over a lil week before orientation with Kaiser to begin my 12 week classes. Its like waiting for my daughter to be born all over again and she'll be 21 this year. SOOOO exciting.

I started off at 270, and if you look at my before pictures, you will notice that I was extremely round and carried all of my weight in my upper torso with a large portion of my weight sitting in my abdomen.

Because of my weight loss results with VSG, and my intense ab/core workouts starting around 5 months post op, my abdomen has shrunk immensely, and I no longer have the apron. I have a little fat roll on my lower abdomen with some excess skin, but essentially my stomach has shrunk up significantly. If someone would have given me the option to have just my tummy fat removed or VSG, I would have chosen VSG.

I won't ever have a flat tummy without plastics. I had a severe c-section, and my scar stretches from one side of my lower abdomen clear to the other side right about my pubis bone.

I'll never get rid of the little flap without plastics, but it has lifted, tightened and shrunk immensely in 11 months. Least to say, when I stand in front of the mirror, I have zero issue seeing my private area. Before, I could not see it because of my hanging stomach fat. I was pretty much shaving blindly, now it's so much easier to maintain certain areas because I can see everything. I do not wear any shapers, girdles, or anything of the sorts at this point.

Don't be jealous, but I understand where you're coming from. Our bodies had to adjust to the apron for sooo long, that what we are doing now to transform gives us more confidence consciously than we can bear.

The key point Tiff made is exercise. I have read alot post where she has stated how she makes sure she does her AB routine with the DVDs she has. And it has to work for you, if you keep at it.

For myself I love walking, so this will not be an issue. But believe me, I will be doing a lot of ABs.

LOL as jealous as I am, most people arent quite as lucky as Tiffy. Most people have one when they are done (esp if you carry alot of weight in the lower part of the apron I think). BUT, it is soooooo much better as you lose weigh. For me there were awkward periods where it bothered me more then other times. But overall, it is much better. Sexy? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. But managable. Everyone tells me they cant see it when I am dressed in regular clothes now (I dont really hide it in work out clothes)

I work out 6 days a week (some days more then once in a day). I do tons of abs, I run, work with a trainer 2x week, etc. It is not gonna budge. I still think working out is more then worth it even if it will take surgery for me to have abs of steal :thumbup1:

I cannot wait til all this is done. My PANN area of my lower abdomen is beginning to get on my last nerve. It would be nice to have this removed instead of VSG, but then I may not still be happy, huh.

I have an apron, to too bad, but bad enough. I've lost 52lbs and it's still there...It may always be there unless I have it removed. I look great in clothes but when I come out of them...there it is...still there...smaller...but still there. It is frustraiting...but what do you do?

I also have sagging arms and thighs....Still I'd rather be 52 lbs. lighter than were I was 5 months ago. I'm GOOD!!!

:thumbup:

I also wanna throw out there that a lot of the shrinkage will obviously depend on each of our body types, and how much weight we had to lose, how much we started out at. When I sat down, my stomach would cover the top portion of my thighs. I did carry a lot of fat around my abdomen, but it didn't drop down between my legs if I were sit down and open my legs. Like when I was pregnant, OMG, my stomach dropped so low, especially when the kiddo dropped. But, I was super round, not beer belly.

I would post pictures of it here or email them, but after the recent youtube escapade, I'm way too leery to share anything that "exposed" on the internet at all.

Well, i'm just very blessed to have survived this 18th surgery and losing weight that i really don't care about the apron. . .mine isn't that bad anyhow, but what is to be is to be, I'm not vane enough to change it.:thumbup1:

Well..... I went into the VGS process knowing I would have to have my pannis removed. Pre-op my pannis hung 4 inches above my knees (445 lbs pre-op), no amount of AB work is going to shrink that! (Hmmm, wonder if I can throw it in the dryer, worked on my clothes!)

I have seen a girdle type product shown on TV that reduces the size of the pannis by several sizes, anyone tried it?

tiffy, what kind of ab workout do you use? i have the most problems with my belly :-(

Believe me you still wouldn't be happy with the extra weight. I had a Tummy Tuck about 3 years ago, because even though I was the same weight I am now I HATED the hanging skin from my two pregnancies. I gained about 60-70 pounds with each of them. I started off in around 140 or so with each, so my stomach took a beating. I don't regret having the tummy tuck because it made me a little more comfortable in clothing etc over the last three years but I think the best result would have been to have it after the VSG but I guess time will tell. My tummy is pretty rockin for someone who still needs to lose 40-50 pounds but I still hate my fluffy arms etc. Plus though its flat my waist is still 8 inches bigger then it was pre-baby. I wish I would have put the money into this surgery first (didn't know about it back then) then had the tummy tuck.

So after VSG, if you still need the tummy tuck you will have the BEST results. :scared0:

By all means have the VSG over the Tummy Tuck. By experience I had one 15 years ago, due to breast cancer and tram surgical reconstruction of the breast. You get a tummy tuck with this, I was overweight (by about 25-30 lbs) but not obese then. Since, I have gained 80 lbs and you gain it all over in places you never gained before because a lot of your abdominal fat is gone. I probably have a ton of fat inside, my legs got huge, my back, rear, arms etc.

Kalew is exactly correct, since the Tummy Tuck my arms are bigger and my butt gained weight up high on it. The distribution of fat after an area is removed is odd.

misseye: when did you have surgery? What a wonderful weight loss u have.