Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stuffed Hamburgers

I have been craving a juicy hamburger. I've not had a traditional hamburger in at least 11 months. So, as I was perusing allrecipes.com I found an amazing recipe that I'm making tonight.

This is by no means low fat, but just smelling the meat marinating in my fridge and the smell of the sauteed onions and turkey bacon, makes my mouth Water.

I don't think I've been this excited about a hamburger EVER. I'm patiently waiting for John to get home so I can start cooking them.

I made changes for our personal tastes, and I'll add them.

Easy Bacon, Onion and cheese Stuffed Burgers - All recipes

Ingredients

• 3 pounds ground beef
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 3 tablespoons barbeque sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 pound bacon, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
  • 1 medium onion, finely chopped
  • 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 6 hamburger Buns, split

I omitted salt, barbque sauce, and garlic powder.< /span>

2lbs of lean ground sirloin

2 tsp of white pepper

2 Tbsp of coarse ground black pepper

1/2 cup of A1 thick and hearty steak sauce

3Tbsp of minced garlic (jar, or you can use fresh if you prefer, about 3-4 large cloves)

1/8 cup of Worchestershire Sauce

4 slices of Turkey bacon

1 chopped sweet onion

4-6 slices of Sargento's Reduced fat Pepperjack cheese slices (or whatever cheese you prefer)

I mixed the first 6 ingredients in a large mixing bowl and refrigerated for one hour.

Cook turkey bacon over medium heat until crispy. Add onion to skillet with 2Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and 2Tbsp of lime juice. Increase heat to medium-high, and cook onions and bacon together stirring frequently until onions are transparent.

Form thin, about 1/2 inch patties, lay them out on wax paper. Place a small amount 1-2Tbsp of the onion/bacon mixture with 1/2-1 slice of cheese into the middle of the patty. Place another patty on top, and press the outside of both patties sealing them tightly.

I will be cooking these on high heat on my George Foreman 360 grill.

Edited by Tiffykins

UPDATED: These were absolutely delicious, BUT (you knew it was coming) they were an epic fail on the George Foreman Grill.

John's exact statement : "In the word of the Iron Chef's, you would receive max points for originality and taste, but a -5 for plating and presentation."

He got a good whack on the arm, but he is completely correct. I think the double grill is just too heavy as it pushed all the burgers down even more thin, and they just kind of fell apart. But, these were some of the best hamburgers we've ever eaten. They broke apart into about 4-5 chunks, and I laid all the chunks together on the guy's hamburger Buns. I just ate 1.5 chunk (about 3oz). I hate about 1/2 of one chunk, then covered the rest in homemade queso dip with Rotel tomatoes and green chiles, and some Frito scoops.

Maybe I'll throw them on the charcoal grill with the grate covered with foil. I'll figure it out, maybe I could add some Pork rinds as a binder. I'm not sure, but all of us loved the flavor.

It was a great tasting burger, but didn't look to appealing.

UPDATED: These were absolutely delicious, BUT (you knew it was coming) they were an epic fail on the George Foreman Grill.

John's exact statement : "In the word of the Iron Chef's, you would receive max points for originality and taste, but a -5 for plating and presentation."

He got a good whack on the arm, but he is completely correct. I think the double grill is just too heavy as it pushed all the burgers down even more thin, and they just kind of fell apart. But, these were some of the best hamburgers we've ever eaten. They broke apart into about 4-5 chunks, and I laid all the chunks together on the guy's hamburger Buns. I just ate 1.5 chunk (about 3oz). I hate about 1/2 of one chunk, then covered the rest in homemade queso dip with Rotel tomatoes and green chiles, and some Frito scoops.

Maybe I'll throw them on the charcoal grill with the grate covered with foil. I'll figure it out, maybe I could add some Pork rinds as a binder. I'm not sure, but all of us loved the flavor.

It was a great tasting burger, but didn't look to appealing.

LMAO!!! Good ole George Foremen grills! Those sound totally delicious! I eat alot of hamburger and turkey burger. . . this is a good receipe, thanks for sharing, I'm definately trying it this weekend!