Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So my story started back in December of 08 and was on my way to TJ Mexico to have WLS. Oh my gosh what was I thinking!! I know what I was thinking.... I am 327 lbs I own a restaurant and I can not even help out for 4 hours without coming home and my whole body hurting. I can not walk by the french fries without grabbing some and dipping them in tarter sauce. Then I get home and my wonderful man who happens to be the Executive Chef makes Ribeyes, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Garlic bread, and Alfredo....down it goes. Then we decide to watch a movie so out comes the bag of Kettle Corn popcorn then I add my own butter and salt. So l was thinking this needs to end or my life will end. Blood Pressure 160/102. My quality of life was zero. I have a 12 year old daughter that is going to end up like her mom if I do not change. Or end up with no mom at all. So I ended up getting the Lap-Band. I have had many problems with the band over the last year and three months but what I can say is I lost 84 lbs with it and now I was going to lose it. What a girl to do...Replace it and hope nothing happens to it again or do you listen to the wonderful doctors you have been going to to get your fills and been there for you for all of your aftercare.

So as of 04/08/10 I have been sleeved (should have been 04/05/10 but due to the earthquake I was pushed back a few days) Everything has been golden since my surgery no problems at all can drink just fine and had no pain was up 1 hour after surgery even got to go home a day early.

Well the big new is now I have lost 100 lbs....It is amazing I can not believe the difference in my life....the energy the way I look at food. The best moment of all this was when my daughter was so excited that she can put her arms all the way around my waist when she hugs me. I even have smaller feet I can wear a size 10 now not a 12. I have gone from a size 28 pants to a size 18. I feel now like I am living not just going through the motions. I run around the restaurant like some teenage kid and walk by the fries with no urge to even grab one. I love the gym and love to workout.

I have a long way to go but now that I am sleeved I know I can get there and it will be a better journey then with the band.

Thanks to all for reading.

what an amazing story!! you are doing awesome!!

congrats and keep up the great work : )

Kathy:

100lbs. AWESOME! You are doing so great...keep up the great work and you will be at your target in no time flat! I feel like a new person too...it is so great to feel the ease of moving around like a normal person.

Have you tried lifting a large bottle of clorox at the grocery store? Multiply that weight times how much you've lost and you will be amazed...how did we carry around all those pounds? It's like being born again, isn't it?

It is hard to explain the feeling...but I am enjoying every minute of it. Congratulations on your new life!

Congratulations on your decision to have the sleeve and thanks for sharing your WL journey. You have a great attitude and I wish you continued success.

WOW, 100 lbs down! That is wonderful. Congratulations on your success!

Thanks for sharing your story. What an amazing journey you have been on. Your story encourages all us on the journey to continue on. Thanks again!