Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 week update from City Gal...help me plan a seat belt extender "burialceremony...LOL

So today was my weigh in date and I'm down 17 pounds since my band to sleeve revision. I was on business travel for 10 days (one week post op) and have glad to be home. I had to ship Protein bullets to myself and did lots of Soups while I was gone...the hotel provided me with a refigerator and even had sugar free Jello for me ( I told them I had surgery and they were very accomodating) My tip if you have to travel is call and ask for a fridge and microwave in your room, most hotels will provide for free...or ask to have your minibar emptied so you can you the fridge.

The hardest part of the trip was a couple of days in Vegas with two friends who are both significantly overweight and focus losts of time and energy on eating..you know...the where...when...what...I managed to do ok but it was a physical and somewhat spirtitual reminder of why I decided to change my life and have the band to sleeve revision. A win on the trip was I didn't need to us a seatbelt extendedr on my flight from Chicago to Vegas...at least on United airlines I'm ok :thumbup1: Usair...I still carry mine with my....I'm looking forward to the day I can ceremonially get rid of that damn thing!! Any ideas? I fly 100k miles a year so this a big darn deal for me.

I'm still feeling good and healing nicely...and plan to hit the treadmill this week. This is my first full week at my office since I went to Mexicali.

Sending everyone my very best intentions for healing and hope.

That is such an inspiring story.

If I had something that monumental, I would seriously cut it up to fit into a picture frame, with something inspirational that reminded me just how far I had come during the WL journey.

I have kept one of my old shirts, and I pull it out of the closet on occasion. It now fits me like a right above the knee dress, and I plan on having it altered down and tapered in so I can wear it with summer approaching.

You are doing so fabulous, and I can't wait to watch your progress over the upcoming months.

I know I know how about taking a flight down to see your favorite sleeve sista in Yuma!! Because the airlines that flies to Yuma is American Airlines! Then I am sure we can figure it out from there on what to do with it.

So today was my weigh in date and I'm down 17 pounds since my band to sleeve revision. I was on business travel for 10 days (one week post op) and have glad to be home. I had to ship Protein bullets to myself and did lots of Soups while I was gone...the hotel provided me with a refigerator and even had sugar free Jello for me ( I told them I had surgery and they were very accomodating) My tip if you have to travel is call and ask for a fridge and microwave in your room, most hotels will provide for free...or ask to have your minibar emptied so you can you the fridge.

The hardest part of the trip was a couple of days in Vegas with two friends who are both significantly overweight and focus losts of time and energy on eating..you know...the where...when...what...I managed to do ok but it was a physical and somewhat spirtitual reminder of why I decided to change my life and have the band to sleeve revision. A win on the trip was I didn't need to us a seatbelt extendedr on my flight from Chicago to Vegas...at least on United airlines I'm ok :) Usair...I still carry mine with my....I'm looking forward to the day I can ceremonially get rid of that damn thing!! Any ideas? I fly 100k miles a year so this a big darn deal for me.

I'm still feeling good and healing nicely...and plan to hit the treadmill this week. This is my first full week at my office since I went to Mexicali.

Sending everyone my very best intentions for healing and hope.

Wow, this is a great testimony...I to travel and I cannot wait til June when I will travel to DC....NO MORE Extensions for me!!!

Maybe its the pyro in me but I say BURN IT!!!!!!!!!!! Dance around its flames and Celebrate its death!!!!

You know I randomly thought about this last night when I was falling asleep, so I decided to stick my two cents in.....

Honestly when you are 100% sure you dont need it.....The next flight I got on, Id leave it buckled in to the seat belt when I got off. We have apparently ALL been fat at some point and we know how shitty it is sometimes, and I really think if you "kinda" donate it to the next person that needed it, you'd feel amazing. Like "This is me taking my next step in life" kinda thing.

That is such an inspiring story.

If I had something that monumental, I would seriously cut it up to fit into a picture frame, with something inspirational that reminded me just how far I had come during the WL journey.

I agree, I'd put it in a shadow box with some fun travel pics of yourself at your highest weight. A little inspirational/visual reminder of all the hard work you've done.

Wish I had thought to buy one--I always had to try and quietly ask for it. Got to love when the lady yells to the other attendant for one cause she cant find one. Talk about wanting to disappear.

I'm torn between the pay it forward and burn it ideas..

I travel two to three weeks a month and have often wanted to asked for one, but I was too embarassed. I have literally "sucked it up" and buckled "low and tight across my hips". How was your first trip out. I am nervous that I will be too tired to work, not able to find discreetly drink my Protein etc.

I have my consult scheduled for May 7th, and hopefully surgery within a month since I am doing this self-pay. Any pearls of wisdom you can impart would be greatly appreciated!