Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been at the same weight for 2 weeks! I guess this is another stall! I have been walking daily and doing pretty good with Water. Anything else I can do? I am getting frustrated! I saw the dr. on Monday. He was very pleased with my progress so far and said I was ahead of schedule... So I guess I just need to be patient and pray I see a big drop in the next week!

Any advice I would appreciate!

Hey Lynda you're doing great ! ! ! Try shaking things up a bit with a few more calories per day. That seems to work for a lot of people that hit stalls.

Fingers crossed the stall breaks soon.

Thanks very much for this post!!! I am at the same point with a stall!! I am 5 weeks out and the first 30 days I dropped 33 lbs!!.. now, this week appears to be nothing and just has got be crazy!! I am following the rules.. Eating about 600 cal daily (if that), Water intake 40 oz. Protein and fish has been the name of the game; but, things are definitely very, very slow now.. Any suggestions would be help.. ( I know, I trying not to become paranoid.. but, cannot help it. .:thumbup:

I think gosh, you lost like a bunch of weight and you body is going..."What the?????". So realize your body needs a chance to adjust to all this and then you will suddenly start losing again. I think I stalled about the same time, then lost like a lb a day for a while, then gained a pound right after 2 mos from surgery and stalled again for a week. Then lost the lb, then another lb, then another lb in like a week.

I think it is kinda cool and I just keep telling myself...."self...you are not eating much so the weight has to keep falling off".

I like the little stalls b/c it gives me time to readjust emotionally to my new weight and anticipate the next change. I notice the physical changes happen a lot towards the end of a stall. Last night I knew I was losing again b/c I found my collar bone protruding. When I lay in bed I noticed my tummy pooch is now narrowing itself. I remember discovering my ribs at the last stall and that was cool. I remember pinching my waist and not finding a roll and that was so cool. I mean, definitely there is still a couple inches there but hard to grab now.

Just enjoy the physical changes as well as the scale moving.

Myself, I am waiting for the day that I turn sideways and there is NO hangover of my stomach. OMG that is a dream. I'm hoping my skin will continue to shrink itself. So far so good. But THAT damn hangover tummy roll is the biggest test of all.

Have fun with this...you will not remain fat b/c you are not eating enough to remain fat. This is cool...enjoy the journey.

like tiffy says, a few more calories should help. . . i shake it up alot during the week. . one day i'll have 500 calories then another day i'll have 1000, then back down to 750 for a couple days and then back up. . . my body seems to like it. . . i bought a scale now and will be weighing myself weekly since i won't be seeing doctor for the next 3 months. . .so i'll be griping about stalls too i'm sure! good luck to you!

like tiffy says, a few more calories should help. . . i shake it up alot during the week. . one day i'll have 500 calories then another day i'll have 1000, then back down to 750 for a couple days and then back up. . . my body seems to like it. . . i bought a scale now and will be weighing myself weekly since i won't be seeing doctor for the next 3 months. . .so i'll be griping about stalls too i'm sure! good luck to you!

+1 to this advice. This is how I broke stalls in low calorie dieting and it is a great way to vary or "trick" your metabolism. I recommend the varying calories even before you hit the stall. or in your case even after you have passed it--don't let your body get used to 600 calories every day.