Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No appetite at all.....

I am with you Barbara, no appetite at all, and what I do shove in tastes horrible!! I guess we should be happy, but it is so hard to force yourself to eat when everything tastes so blah. I am glad that I am not as hungry as I used to be, but it also worries me because it seems like I have less energy and am stalling more!! Quite a rollercoaster ride, didn't expect ALL my love for food to disappear! I can get used to it, if I would just start losing again. Let me know if anything changes with you guys, Tiff said it happened to her and it should go away in time...

angel, I think it is a phase we are going through and like Tiff said, it will pass. We are all headed in the right healthy direction and that's what counts.

i think mines is mental because im eight months and i'm stll force feeding mysel i really just dont enjoy food at all in any form or matter but i'm a major tea drinker now so.....

ryansgirl, I've started drinking tea also. When I quit the coffee I took up Decaf herbal tea and I really enjoy it every morning.

Barbara you are just a couple of weeks ahead of me. I'm in the same boat. I don't care if I ever eat again. I am mostly living on Protein drinks and a little food. When I think about it I find it wonderful but baffling. Weight is coming off and I don't feel like I am dieting. What more can I ask for?

firefly, it is a great feeling to be losing weight and not dieting. It is just melting off. I eventually would like to get all my Protein from healthy food, but like you I am still using Protein shakes or shots. I can still only eat 2 - 2 1/2 ozs of food per meal, so if I don't do a shake or shot everyday there is no way I can get in the 60 =70 grams of protein I need per day. :scared0:

I have been having the same problem all thou food tastes ok it just don't get hungery and I'm not getting enough of anything. I have been trying to get ing extra Protein using shakes but the ones I liked form the begining now I can stand the taste and can't seem to choke then down. Even the unflavored doesn't taste good. Hope this passes soon. Any sugestions on better tasting Protein Shakes?

Another strange thing is that it feels like I have more restriction now than 3-2 weeks ago, that is when I seem to hve lost any desire to eat. Now I can eat 1/4-1/2 what I was able to eat then.

Brenda

I am 7 weeks out and I just started to feel this way yesterday, I hate it. Some things sound good, cheesecake, macaroni and cheese but nothing that I should be eating. So I have begun forcing myself and if I think about it too much I would gag. I was like Lee, eating just fine and hungry 2 hours later...

For shakes, I have a powder Pro rated vanilla that isn't too bad. But, what i really like is the premade Pure Protein Frost chocolate. It has 35 grams of protein with only 4g carbs. I warm it in the morning for hot cocoa. Works great for me. you can get it at Trader Joes and even GNC carries it.

Any sugestions on better tasting Protein shakes?

Brenda

I used the Atkins premade shakes before surgery and they still taste good to me. I have also used the Nutrilite brand. My favorite is Premier chocolate Shakes, I get them at costco. They taste as good as the other two and have double the Protein at 30. I always have one for Breakfast and often have a second one later in the day.

For shakes, I have a powder Pro rated vanilla that isn't too bad. But, what i really like is the premade Pure Protein Frost chocolate. It has 35 grams of Protein with only 4g carbs. I warm it in the morning for hot cocoa. Works great for me. you can get it at Trader Joes and even GNC carries it.

Thank Immore I'l try those. I've really been having troublle with the taste of Protein Shakes lately.

Brenda

I used the Atkins premade shakes before surgery and they still taste good to me. I have also used the Nutrilite brand. My favorite is Premier chocolate shakes, I get them at costco. They taste as good as the other two and have double the Protein at 30. I always have one for Breakfast and often have a second one later in the day.

I was using the Premier from costco and took the last box back, loved them at first now can't drink them they make me gag. I tried the Atkins Coffe Mocha and the first 3 were ok the last one just gagged down 1/2 of it then dumped the rest.

Even the unflavored has been a no go.

Brenda

I look at this thread with hope for the first time in my life. I eat so much, compulsively. As im reading this thread i am yet eating again today, a big bowl of oatmeal and sliced apples. The hunger never ends for me. While i love food and enjoy the taste of what im eating, the constant hunger makes me despise food because i look down at my thighs and belly and look at the toll that this "wonderful food" has taken on my body. And my strong desire for the food makes it so hard to put the fork down and just stop. I don't know what it is like to feel full. I can eat an entire pizza and still have room to go. I am having surgery on Monday, and I am just trying to imagine what it will feel like afterwards. To be full without overeating is just an amazing concept to me.

I look at this thread with hope for the first time in my life. I eat so much, compulsively. As im reading this thread i am yet eating again today, a big bowl of oatmeal and sliced apples. The hunger never ends for me. While i love food and enjoy the taste of what im eating, the constant hunger makes me despise food because i look down at my thighs and belly and look at the toll that this "wonderful food" has taken on my body. And my strong desire for the food makes it so hard to put the fork down and just stop. I don't know what it is like to feel full. I can eat an entire pizza and still have room to go. I am having surgery on Monday, and I am just trying to imagine what it will feel like afterwards. To be full without overeating is just an amazing concept to me.

I feel like you just descibed the story of my life when it came to my relationship with food. Until Jan.19,2010 that is, now I do feel full when I eat.

You to will get that full feeling and after only eating 2 oz. of food.

Congrats and prayers going your way for a safe surgerey and a speedy recovery. Keep us posted on your progress. We'll be moving over to make room on the losers bench for you. Looking forward to watching your progress in this thread.

Brenda

Thank you Brenda, those words mean a lot to me. I feel like there is hope for the first time in my life, and i'm ready to take on the pain and scars that may go with it!! :drool:

I have been having the same problem all thou food tastes ok it just don't get hungery and I'm not getting enough of anything. I have been trying to get ing extra Protein using shakes but the ones I liked form the begining now I can stand the taste and can't seem to choke then down. Even the unflavored doesn't taste good. Hope this passes soon. Any sugestions on better tasting Protein Shakes?

Another strange thing is that it feels like I have more restriction now than 3-2 weeks ago, that is when I seem to hve lost any desire to eat. Now I can eat 1/4-1/2 what I was able to eat then.

Brenda

I had my surgery March 29, 2010. I find I am rarely hungry but I don't have any trouble when I do eat. I usually stick to around 4 oz of most foods and don't try to push it. Some days I am able to get enough Protein in without a protein supplement. I have never been able to tolerate "milky" type shakes but have found 2 that are more "juice like" I do like. One is Weider Good2Go Protein Powder in Peach mango also available in Lemon iced tea and another is whey Cooler Cran' Raspberry Coctail. Both have 20 mg Protein. I mixed the Weider product with 1 litre (4 cups) Water and added a Crystal lite individual packet and it tastes fine. I track everything on Daily Plate so it easy to see where I am at re: intake. Good luck. Sandy

Edited by slsandy
spelling

Brenda

hi, just a little suggestion here. . .i'm 5 months out and don't use the Protein stuff anymore (too boring) BUT what i used to do is mix the powder into stuff. . .i had vanilla and chocolate powders, so i would take a scoop of vanilla and mix it into my flavored yogurts, or take the chocolate powder and mix it into the vanilla yogurt or pudding. . . tastes pretty good. . .just a suggestion. . .

Good idea!! i happen to LOVE yogurt, i eat it everyday, and there are so many different varieties of Protein powder out there, so being able to mix different flavors into yogurt gives you a very high Protein snack/meal with very little bulk. I will have to do that. Especially after surgery when i am on soft foods only and want to make sure i am getting all my protein in.

Jillian :001_smile: