Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This morning when I weighed in I passed the 50 pound mark. Things are happening so fast. I'm almost halfway there. Today I put on size 38 jeans. My fat pants were 46. We have a good Amvets by my house so I have been buying interim clothing from there until I get closer to my goal. Then I will buy the good stuff.

I'm feeling more healthy than I have in years. I know that if I were living like I am now, I would have probably lost weight anyway, but the sleeve is such a good tool. It is training me on quality of food and Portion Control. That's what I need. Exercising is going well too. I'm slowly starting to jog. Today I did my usual 3 mile rout but I ran about a mile of it. With knee and ankle problems in the past I didn't think I would be running any more but with so much less weight it is easier. My goal is to run the whole 3 miles.

Thanks for all your support. I've enjoyed following everyone's stories, successes and challanges. This is a great website!

Dan S

weight.png

Dan,

WAY TO GO! Very exciting - both for the weightloss & starting to run again. WAY TO WORK YOUR TOOL!

Congratulations!! I can't wait for the day when I can say I've lost 50 lbs!!

Sounds like you are doing great with exercise too....I'm really concerned about that part. Not sure how much i'll be able to do with my back problems. I'm hoping that once the weight starts coming off, the back will improve.

I love hearing people's success stories..they are such an inspiration!

Great news Dan! That's amazing! Today we're fifty-pound-mark-buddies!!!! :o I am fifty pounds down and half way to my goal as well. Congrats!!!! And just keep pushing yourself and you will totally jog that whole three miles. I can't wait to hear about it the day you conquer it:thumbup:

Goodlife,

I'm sure your back will get better as you lose. I'm already noticing that my flexibility and ability to move around is getting better. I've had back problems too, but not for awhile. I hope things go well for you.

Faith2010,

Congrats to you too. It's nice to hear from someone that is in the same boat as me. Here's to the next 50 pounds!

Ouroborous,

Your time will come...soon. Just stick to the recommended diet and you will lose weight. I lost 20 pounds before surgery (over about a 4 month period). Now with the sleeve it is so much easier. I hope you have as good an experience as I am having.

To everyone else,

Thanks for your kind words of support. It makes all the difference.

Dan S.

weight.png

Sleeved 3/15/2010. One of the best decisions I've ever made.

that is just great news!!! you sound so happy and excited, i am happy for you!!! keep up the good work and the exercise.:smile:

50 lbs. I can't wait till I get to say that.

I really want to run too. Now my knees hurt and I have to alternate / run a block / walk a block / run a block / walk a block and then I feel like I'm going to die. Maybe when the weight comes off it won't be so hard.

Congradulations!!!!!!!

I'm curious like phatcurves.... what do you have to tell those of us about to be sleeved

Stacey

I think the hardest thing to get right in my head was the fact that this is a life-long lifestyle change. No more big meals. No more Mountain Dew.:closedeyes: No more rich fatty diet. A lot of no's. A lot of negatives. The thing that made it doable is that I began looking at it as an adventure rather than a sacrifice. I get to learn a whole new lifestyle. A lifestyle that will be full of new joys that I haven't known for years. Little things like picking up a coin that I dropped without having to do a big exhale and a kind of sideways- slanted-squat thingy to get to it. Hallelujah, I just bent over and picked it up without any effort. I know, a small thing. But it meant a lot to me.

As far as pre-op, specifically sticking to the diet, I had a hard time. In times past I would get discouraged and stop trying. What made it work for me this time was just starting every day new without any regrets. "One day at a time". I didn't do perfectly, but I did stick to it. From about Mid-November to my surgery date, March 15th I lost about 20 pounds. That was good enough for my surgeon.

The last thing I think I will say is that I had to do a lot of giving up of control of my life and give it to my Psychologist, Nutritionist, doctor, surgeon, etc. Doing what they told me to do. It was tough at first but the way of living they have been teaching me is starting to become second nature. It just took a little time. Now the sleeve is keeping me honest. It tells me when I over do it.

I wish both of you all the best in your pre and post op experiences, and especially that the surgery will go well for you.

Dan S

Edited by Dan S