Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MILESTONE (for me) + 2 QUESTIONS

Just crossed over the 70 lb. loss mark (one milestone I set for myself along the way). It has been right at 3 months since my surgery. I also have two general questions. Did most of you who have achieved (or who are close to) your goal weight start with large amounts (of weight loss) and then moderated to smaller amounts as time went on? I am down to losing 1-3 lbs a week now. Also according to my dietitian there is no Peanut Butter allowed. Although my friends who have been banded and had by-pass use this regularly. I was just told no. Is this a hard and fast rule across the board? Thanks as always to all the support and encouragement. I brag about ya'll to our local support group and encourage them to come on board.:party4:

Congratulations, brother.

I am yet to be sleeved, so I don't know the rules on Peanut Butter. I seem to recall my girlfriend (who is also sleeved) eating it (in small amounts, of course), but I'm not sure. Of course, I'd take the advice of your doctor over some yahoo on the internet, any day!

Congratulations to you!! 70 pounds is fantastic!!! I was only banded a week ago today so I can't provide any insight to your questions. I just wanted to send my heartfelt congrats and it's reading posts like yours that keep me encouraged!

Just crossed over the 70 lb. loss mark (one milestone I set for myself along the way). It has been right at 3 months since my surgery. I also have two general questions. Did most of you who have achieved (or who are close to) your goal weight start with large amounts (of weight loss) and then moderated to smaller amounts as time went on? I am down to losing 1-3 lbs a week now. Also according to my dietitian there is no Peanut Butter allowed. Although my friends who have been banded and had by-pass use this regularly. I was just told no. Is this a hard and fast rule across the board? Thanks as always to all the support and encouragement. I brag about ya'll to our local support group and encourage them to come on board.:wink1:

Can't help with the weight loss close to or at goal (still have a bit to go there) ... but I can comment on the Peanut Butter. It is on my plan as a good source of Protein. But, as another person commented, I would not follow our advice. Ask your nut why they say it's a no-no. And then, let us know! :party4:

When I was at my highest weight, I had the band and lost quite a bit quickly. Then I was at a 3-yr stall. Now with the sleeve I am almost to goal, though the weight loss is much slower.

As for Peanut Butter, I'm also allowed to eat it for Protein, but was advised to use the lower sugar or all natural versions. I don't really like the taste of those, so I just choose to have a bite or two of the regular stuff occasionally. It's not really something I prefer to eat when I need Protein. I'd rather have dense protein that will be more filling in my sleeve.

Just crossed over the 70 lb. loss mark (one milestone I set for myself along the way). It has been right at 3 months since my surgery. I also have two general questions. Did most of you who have achieved (or who are close to) your goal weight start with large amounts (of weight loss) and then moderated to smaller amounts as time went on? I am down to losing 1-3 lbs a week now. Also according to my dietitian there is no Peanut Butter allowed. Although my friends who have been banded and had by-pass use this regularly. I was just told no. Is this a hard and fast rule across the board? Thanks as always to all the support and encouragement. I brag about ya'll to our local support group and encourage them to come on board.:wink0:

Congratulations on the weight loss! Very well done! I have slowed down to a snails crawl right now, but that is ok for me. . at this weight I look good, feel good and am happy. . .i'm at the point if i lose more good for me if not good for me (i go to the doc again for weigh in on the 21st, will see what i've lost at that time). . . Peanut Butter question, i am allowed it, but only the one called Naturally More with Flaxseed. . I don't eat it alot because peanut butter and me don't really like each other, so i bought this small jar and it's still there, have used about 4 tblspn of it since february. . . :lol0: but i would follow the advice from your doctor too. . . he did the surgery he probably has his own protocols that he wants you to follow. . .

Edited by thinoneday

I eat Peanut Butter occasionally (like once or twice a month) and it doesn't give me trouble any more. I am 8 months out, though. I remember being about 3-4 months out and it felt like it was stuck. It was just a little discomfort, nothing major.

I don't lose consistently any more. In the beginning, I lost 4-6 pounds a week, then it slowed to 1-3, and now it could be anywhere from losing nothing in a week to losing 3-4 pounds a week, depending on how strict I am with carbs and how much I exercise. I haven't been exercising this week, and work has been crazy, so I think I might even be up a pound come Monday.

I have a few more weeks of teaching left before summer break, and I'm looking forward to being at home because I don't snack at home like I do at work. Hopefully I will see a lot of weight come off in June and July!

Congratulations on your milestone! You're doing great!

Congrats Greg on your amazing results thus far. For me, my loss was pretty rapid, and it slowed some as I started adding more carbs and calories plus working out. I never had a true stall (not losing weight for a minimum of 14 days), so I lost something every week. Some weeks it was one pound, then the next week, I'd drop 5-7lbs. It really varied for me and still does as I'm bouncing around with the same 2-3lbs from week to week.

As for Peanut Butter, I've been cleared for PB since full liquids. It's a staple in my diet, and it's a great source of healthy fat along. My nut suggests Peanut Butter and cheese for Snacks if we must snack. Let us know what your nut says about why PB is a no go.

Congrats on the weight loss!!!

As for the PB, I eat it occasionally when I want a treat....I just take a tablespoon full and eat it nice and slow. I have been doing this at least once a week since month 2 or so. I also have done the powdered PB, which is ok. Sometimes the little extra healthy doesn't cut it though...LOL!