Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im ready for a change

Hello I am fairly new to this forum. I joined about about three weeks ago in search of more information about the VSG and about Dr. Aceves and I have found that and much more. The people on here are very supportive of one another and provide great incite on the vsg experience.

Let me tell you a little bit about me. Im a 23 yo nurse that resides in florida. I have been overweight since elementary school. Throughout my whole life I allowed my weight to hinder me in so many aspects of my life. When I eventually went off to college, the situation only got worse. I ate junk food on a regular basis and was very sedentary, with the exception of work and school. I stayed home all day. I went from 280lbs to 365lbs within the span of two years. I was finally fed up with my self and my self esteem took a dive too. My epiphany moment happened when I was looking through my camera and I realized that there were barely any pictures of me on there and the ones that were there I was disgusted with. So finallly I decided to do something about it. In January of 2008, I started my weight loss journey. I changed my eating habits and started to excercise. Surprisingly I lost 120lb through diet and exercise alone that year. But this last year has been much different. I can lose weight but I have a hard time keeping it off and staying motivated. My main problem is once I start eating, I can't stop until Im full. Over the past year I have losed and gained the same 10 pounds. And I am tired of it. 233 pounds has been my lowest weight and I am currently 265lbs. I have come to far to come back to 365 lbs. Im ready for a change so I have scheduled my surgery with Dr. Aceves for August 1st.

Good for you! This is a wonderful tool and is incredibly easy. The mental has been the hardest part for me. I know that I'm not hungry but I still want the food!

Hope your surgery prep goes smoothly!

WOW mjean.... you lost 120lbs in a year on your own. You are tough. If you can do that you can do anything!! Imagine combining that type of sticktoitness with the sleeve. YOULL BE ON FIRE. Your motivatin will come back like gang busters once you take off those first pounds.

Best of Luck

Stacey

mjean, the sleeve will help you to lose the rest of your weight. I was like you, I was constantly hungry and would eat large amounts of food until I felt full. It seems like I was a bottomless pit. I wasn't one to eat all day long, just large meals when I did eat. I would eat more than my husband sometimes, which is ridiculous. Now that I've have the sleeve, I'm full very quickly and satisified. The mental part is a little difficult because we are so programed to stuff tons of food in our bodies, and all of a sudden, you cant. I to had my surgery With Dr. Aceves and can't speak highly enough about him. He is just fantastic. Best wishes to you on your future journey.

Barb

Welcome! Best of luck to you on your journey. I agree you have what it takes to make this thing work. And OF COURSE...Dr. Aceves is the best!

Good luck to you on your journey. I am being sleeved by Dr. Aceves this Friday - three days from now. :001_unsure:

Like you, I struggled with my weight in my 20's and did some really bad things to keep my weight down. That's how unknowledgeable and desparate I was. Now, at 42, I've had enough. I have spoken to so many people personally about their experiences with Dr. Aceves and have no concerns at all. The minute I decided to have surgery, I scheduled and it couldn't have come quick enough.

Congratulations on your decision and hope to hear about your progress through the months.

How awesome that you've been able to lose so much on your own... you'll do great after surgery!! And I think it's absolutely WONDERFUL that you're able to do this at such a young age.... so many of us wish we could have done it 15-20 years ago (or more!) ourselves. You have soooooo many things to look forward to--I love seeing young people here, I"m so excited for you!

Thank you for the support, everyone. I feel it is best to do it now and get it over with. It's going to be a lifestyle change for the better. I hear people say all the time that they were in shape in their twentys. I want to be able to say the same but i also would like to keep it that way throughout my life.

Good luck mswendy....my thoughts and prayers will be with you!

Good luck to you on your journey. I am being sleeved by Dr. Aceves this Friday - three days from now. :tongue_smilie:

Like you, I struggled with my weight in my 20's and did some really bad things to keep my weight down. That's how unknowledgeable and desparate I was. Now, at 42, I've had enough. I have spoken to so many people personally about their experiences with Dr. Aceves and have no concerns at all. The minute I decided to have surgery, I scheduled and it couldn't have come quick enough.

Congratulations on your decision and hope to hear about your progress through the months.

You will do fine. You are a strong willed person by the sound of it....Congrats and good luck!

Thank you for the support, everyone. I feel it is best to do it now and get it over with. It's going to be a lifestyle change for the better. I hear people say all the time that they were in shape in their twentys. I want to be able to say the same but i also would like to keep it that way throughout my life.