Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Size 12's and Medium Tops

Just 10 weeks ago, I was wearing 18's and XXL Tops. My closet has been dwindling due to me, well, dwindling. So I decided to hit some thrift stores and see if I could find some jeans and business clothes.

To be honest, I wasn't sure what size to get. I tried 14's, but they were too big - especially in the butt. I ended up looking at the 11/12's. While not all of them fit, most did. (Anyone else have issues of weight falling off everywhere but the waistline???) Then, it was off to blouses and sweaters. I think I was floating down the clothe aisles. It was AWESOME!!!!!! Now, my sights are set for those "mini" sizes like 4,6, & 8. I can't believe I've lost 4 sizes in 10 weeks. What will the future hold?

I'm 11 pounds from my nut and pysch goal. My ticker is set for 20 pounds less than that (actually to my weight my senior year in high school). Who knows where I will end up, but it's exciting being on the journey.

You guys are awesome - thank you for the encouragement, advice, and just being there. Life is definitely good today!!!!!!! :tongue_smilie:

What a great post. You must be dancing around in those small size clothes! I've gone from an 22/24 to an 18 in 7 weeks and I couldn't be happier.

You're so darn close to goal. I hope you're really proud of yourself! :)

Mini-Me ~ you are gonna be mini very soon!!!!

I think that is one really great thing about this surgery is that you do have fairly quick results early on and it gives you the spirit to continue.

The thrift stores will be on my list also when I run out of clothes at home. I want to save my money for those "mini" clothes later on : )

Congrats!!!

Isn't that great? It was only last week that you were saying that you weren't losing fast enough.

You'll be at goal in no time!

Mini..great job!! I can't wait to read your posts when you are in the 2's - 6's. I'm having the same issue with losing it everywhere but my midriff. So pants are baggy in the butt, but fit in the waist. I fit a 16 perfectly except the waist is a bit tight. I started in a 22/24.

Keep up the great work!!

Mini,

Con-grats!!!! How exciting. I too went down one size. I hauled them out of the attic. Seems unreal doesn't it??? Hope your are saving $$$ so when you get to goal you can go shopping!!! I know I am!

Thank you for giving me hope and encouragement.....

(I think I need to change my name as I am not Stuck any more..so glad to get the band out of me)

Dee

Wow, that is so exciting, and I am sure you feel great! I remember the first time I went into Kohl's and headed for the plus size section as usual and discovered everything was too big and I had to move to the regular sizes for the first time in over twenty years. I actually started crying!

Congrats, you are doing fabulous!

You all rock!!!! I can hardly wait!

so happy for you mini me, i wish you all the best and i am pretty sure you?ll start seeing some results in your waistline, i?ve also had a hard time losing in that area, don?t know why, guess that?s were we hold more fat. but good question, hope someone can give us some answers.

Isn't that great? It was only last week that you were saying that you weren't losing fast enough.

You'll be at goal in no time!

LOL :thumbup: ... You know, it's still taking time for my head to catch up. I still see the fat girl in the mirror. I focus on the parts that don't look good yet (that roll of fat under the bra line in the back - the poochy tummy)

... but days like yesterday really help. You guys are awesome. Thanks for the continued support.

There really is a scientific reason as to why we keep weight around our middles, bootys, and that ever attractive front poochy thing. In women we store fat there in case we become pregnant and need fat stores and don't have food. It is hard to convince your body that there is no famine, or that you aren't gonna conceive.

It is hard to convince your body that there is no famine, or that you aren't gonna conceive.

Since I'm in my new business clothes, think I could send my body a Memo? :)

Oh I wish. I want someone to send my body the memo that I don't need to eat nachos, that Protein Shakes are delish!

Congratulations! I also bought a few things last week. I work and need to look nice. I am a little more than a week behind you. I was wearing 18's (tight) and bought size 14 pants. It wasn't really until I bought pants that fit that people really began noticing my weight loss!

I'm with all of you about the midriff and waist thing! I just kept waiting for the "swelling to go down" and then I had to have my gallbladder taken out on March 30, so I'm again waiting for the swelling to go down! LOL