Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay I am sorry, but I am two days on mushies and my tummy is a gross gassy mess and I feel like I need to use the restroom, but nothing! I barely had any bm's with liquid but I thought that was probably normal, but this is super funky! How can I get in some Fiber, my tummy has no room for anything more.

My doctor told me to use a laxative to get things going. He recommended Dulcolax suppositories. Also, there is a All Bran sf pink lemonade that tastes just like Crystal Light and has 10g of Fiber

Try benefiber, you can mix it with your foods, drinks. Does not change texture or taste. I've been sneaking it in my family's meals for years...they are none the wiswer! Hehe!

metamucil clear works well too. You can add it to anything.

You can drink Miralax as well. Miralax is not a laxative but it puts liquid where it needs to go.

Miralax is the very best thing in the world. NO cramping, no gas, it just softens everything and gets things moving.

I tried other laxatives, and OHHH EMMM GEEE that was the worse pain in the world. I used 1/2 dose of the Miralax mixed in about 4oz of juice, and I let it sit for about 10 minutes until it all dissolves. No taste, no texture. Works within about 4-6 hours for me.

Do we find Miralax in the pharmacy section? I've never heard of it.

My surgeon said that I could start Benefiber (which he recommends) at two weeks post-op. I found a huge bottle at costco and try to remember to get in a serving a day mixed in my tea. He said not to use Metamucil but I don't know why.

Anna, are you drinking enough Water? Fluids really help get things going. Fiber only works well if we have fluids, or else it can just make it all worse.

Do we find Miralax in the pharmacy section? I've never heard of it.

My surgeon said that I could start Benefiber (which he recommends) at two weeks post-op. I found a huge bottle at costco and try to remember to get in a serving a day mixed in my tea. He said not to use Metamucil but I don't know why.

Anna, are you drinking enough Water? Fluids really help get things going. Fiber only works well if we have fluids, or else it can just make it all worse.

Yeppers, Miralax is by the other stool softeners and laxatives. It used to be available only by RX, and then went OTC.

It's really great stuff. I have only had to use it a couple of times since surgery because a good 4 oz of coffee keeps things moving for me.

I know exactly what you mean by feeling that you have to go but can't. I am two months out and only go every 2-3 days. Sometimes I use glycerin suppositories to get things moving.

Hi Wannalise!

So funny.. I got on this forum for this same reason! Thanks for asking! I'm on my 4th week... haven't had a bm in almost 2 weeks! I'll take the advise of some of the posts and hope for the best! Good luck.

Heck, it's more than 2-3 days for me. Most of the time I'm not uncomfortable and forget to add my Benefiber to things. Hmmm... I wonder what that says about me? I think I'd better call on the BooM Princess to come visit me. Low carb always makes me this way.

Just sign me....

Full of Poop!

Thanks all! I appreciate the advice. I am still not able to get in more than about 44 oz of Water daily. I'm sure thats a huge contributor. I also don't want to go to all this work to get healthy and neglect this magical area and end up with colon cancer or some other horrible thing later in life! Thanks all!

This has been an ongoing issue for me. I'm 3 months out. I've been taking the benefiber chewable tables but really don't like to because of the carbs. I think I will try the Miralax. Thanks!

Heck, it's more than 2-3 days for me. Most of the time I'm not uncomfortable and forget to add my Benefiber to things. Hmmm... I wonder what that says about me? I think I'd better call on the BooM Princess to come visit me. Low carb always makes me this way.

Just sign me....

Full of Poop!

funny stuff! BooM Princess and Full of Poop!

I easily go 2-3 or even 4 days without going but everything seems normal when it does exit. Not too hard, not to soft, it is just right! Sounds like Goldilocks and the 3 Bears!

If I add benefiber then it all moves too quickly. I think someone told me at the beginning of this that you are eating less so would go less??

If I get uncomfortable, I will do something about it. But so far so good : )

I first made contact with the Boom Princess about 12 years ago doing Low Carb. I had to call on her often for help. :biggrin0:

Even the Benefiber doesn't help if I let myself get constipated. YUCK! and way TMI!

I think I'm about 2x a week these days. I can't wait until adding raw veggies is allowed as I know that will help. I think I get stopped up by Protein shakes but it's a toss up.... constipated or losing hair? Hmmmm.... now what should I choose?