Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeve set for Apr 19th, anyone else?

I have to do low carbs for 1 week. I have never been successful at the low carb thing (obviously) because after about 3 days I can't even think straight... I literaly get confused and can't focus.

I'm trying to keep my carbs up around 40.... hopefully that will help. To be fair, I was doning NO carbs before! Nothing really works well when taken to its ultimate extreme.

Stacey

Stacey, if you can get past the first 3 or 4 days, you will probably feel better. Getting off the sugar is hard. I used to get terrible headaches when I lo-carbed it. My goal was 20 or less carbs; now I am just staying under 40.

NINE MORE DAYS GUYS.......whoo hoo!!!! stlvoy02 how ya doing on your liquid diet? ??I have a feeling that after today I'll be joining you according to others that I have talked to...on my way to my appt...will let y'all know how it turned out........:lol0:

I am the 19th of April too! Having it done by Dr. Vohra in New York.

Catyroses: I'm sooooo excited for you....praying that everything goes well for you....my appointment was pretty basic, just about what to expect post-op etc, etc nothing you don't already know.....I have an appointment with my surgeon on Monday afternoon, getting my orders for labs and gotta go pay my 20% the hospital and the doctor and then the waiting begins.....hope the week passes fast!!!! Ready to do it and get it over with.

My surgeon put me on a high protein/low carb diet 4 weeks prior to surgery...and I did it! In fact the day before my surgery I only had my Protein Shakes. I weighed in 16lbs lighter the morning of my surgery. Best wishes to you all.

WOW LAN2k CONGRATS ON 16lbs down that is sooo inspirtational!

Today is the first day of my liquid diet and of course this is the busiest week EVER at work BUT so far so good! (well it is only 840AM!) :)

One week y'all.....I am sooooo excited....liquid diet for me all this week until surgery.

I am not gonna trip cuase I am one week from doing this and the wait has been much too long....I have a lot of nervous/excited energy which makes it hard for me to eat even if I could or wanted to...I just keep thinking about getting in those single digits...lol!!! How's everyone doing thus far?????

You guys are getting close!!!!!!

It's soooooo hard to wait.

Lets just do this already

nigella, i feel ya, lil scared here too, but is probobaly a normal feeling, i just think of my past surgery (tubal) which was just as intense and everything worked out just fine. More than anything I am just thinking of how SLOW this week is!!!

We will all do just fine!

OMGoodness ya'll FIVE more days!!!!

:thumbup::confused1::001_unsure::ohmy::laugh0::lol0:

Today has been hard! I want BEEF. MAN ok I'm better. I have been doing great on my liquids. Just waiting for Monday. A side note I got a Wii for Christmas and a Wii fit, I LOVE my Wii but have not been able to use my Wii fit due to the max weight being 330 lbs. This past Sunday I was able to use it (it kicked my butt also) I weighed in at 325 lbs YES! That means I'm down 10lbs.

Pre op diet sucks.

I knew this was going to be the hardest part.

I'm supposed to be low carb so I'm dealing with headachs and feel like I'm about to crawl out of my skin. I have never made it past three days on a low carb.

I'm on day 3 today and am told that it gets better after this.

We're almost there!!

Stacey

I see my doctor tomorrow, but the surgery coordinator told me I didn't have to diet before surgery, just keep the calories around 1500. Nothing said about low carb....hummmm. She said I will be on a liquid diet for 2 days before surgery (Sat. and Sunday)...yikes....I'm afraid. I'm less excited and more fearful...I gotta get past this! :001_unsure: