Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone!

Well, I hope the hardest part is over. Slimdiddysleeve and I had our surgeries yesterday morning. We slept most of the day except for very frequent visits from the nurses and our doctors.

This morning our bandages were removed and we are finally on ice chips - these have never tasted so good! We've also been disconnected from our IV's so that is making our every 30 min walks much easier. :001_rolleyes:

I am sore, but not in a ton of pain at all. It is mostly the gas that is bothering me but that should get better with the frequent walking.

As some of you already know Slimdiddysleeve and I have been friends for 20 years so doing this together had been wonderful! It's so nice to have someone here that completely understands how I feel.:thumbup1:

We will continue to update....I think I hear a trashy magazine calling my name right now. Thanks to everyone for your support. This board has been wonderful. In fact, when Dr. Alvarez asked us if we had any questions before the surgery yesterday, we could barely think of any due to all the research we've done on here:)

VV2010

Yeah!!! I'm scheudled for Friday so happily reading your updates. Hope you both had a speedy recovery and I just made a note to back some "trashy" magazines!!

All the best...

Congratulations guys! I am so jealous but in a totally happy for you kind of way. :thumbup: Keep us up to date.

Mary - We are going to have to meet up with you sometime in Atlanta. We'll keep updating:)

Congrats! You are making me feel better. My surgery is tomorrow at 5:30 am!

SamieTeacher - It looks like all the teachers are doing this for spring break huh? You will do great! We'll be thinking of your tomorrow morning! Best of luck:)

Well being a newbie I am sure this is a really irritating question - like on Lap Band Talk everyone got tired of explaining a "PB" but what is the deal about "sip, sip, sip"?

I'm sure you mean Water but what happens if you don't sip? And how often is it recommended that you take sips?

Thanks for your help. I'm scheduled for the 26th and getting antsy!

Yes, we definitely need to put together an Atlanta/GA club. Are you guys going to go back to work after Spring Break? We're doing CRCT the week after spring break so I'm not sure how that would have worked out for me had I been able to do it this week.

Weird question, since people keep mentioning the gas post-op. Since that's in your abdominal cavity (right?) and not your digestive tract... how does it... er... get out?

Good question. It works it's way through your body like other gas you have in your body. At least I believe that's correct. That's what happened when I got the band. That is one reason why it helps to walk. It helps it move around and on out of your system faster than if you are immobile.

Anybody can correct me on this if I am wrong.