Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

VV2010 and SlimDiddy are Ready for Sleeve Day!

Hi Everyone!

Well, VV2010 and I are here in TX, ready to drive over the border tomorrow to see Dr. Alvarez and WE ARE SO EXCITED!!! We've had a great day so far, except that the woman sitting one seat up and over the aisle from us on the plane brought a ziploc bag filled with homemade sugar Cookies and ATE THE ENTIRE BAG while VV2010 and I were salivating!!! I nearly fell out of my seat when VV2010 took out a Listerine breath strip, put it in her mouth, and declared, "Man, I'm full!"

The plane ride was just fine, and honestly, that's the part I was most scared about this whole process--- I HATE flying! I swear to you that I was more nervous about the flying than the actual surgery! But everything was just fine. Said goodbye to my son and husband last night and got a little teary, but I know everything will be OK. We keep telling ourselves "people do this every day!!"

We can't wait to report back to you all on our surgery tomorrow! VV and I are the only ones being sleeved tomorrow. We met a wonderful woman who was waiting for the airport shuttle while we were waiting for Dr. A.'s driver, Rosey (love Rosey!) This woman was sleeved on the 29th and she was doing SO well- spent the day walking around San Antonio, went to get her nails done, went to the movie theater. VV and I are hoping that we'll feel that good on Monday- would love to be able to see some of San Antonio.

Thanks to you, Sleeve Family! The support you all give here is phenomenal. What a great journey we're on!

Until tomorrow... or probably Sunday....

So glad your flight went well and that you are enjoying the journey. A prayer sent out for you both...may your surgery go well and your recovery too. Please update us when your able. Best wishes -Lis

Good Luck! You will be so happy soon!

Hopefully you will feel good enough cause San Antonio is great! Love the old missions and River Walk!

Thanks for the good wishes everyone! We'll keep you updated! We had to take a taxi to Walmart tonight- Delta sent my suitcase to BUFFALO, NY with all my comfy jammies, slippers, heating pad, toiletries and everything!!! UGGGGHHH!!! At least I have my passport. Hope to update you all on Sunday. Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts!

Slim Diddy

I love your name!!! That is so cool! Did you know vv2010 before you got on the plane together? That is awesome that you have a sleeve buddy.

Good luck to both of you, and keep us posted!!

I love this. Thanks for injecting some humour into what is a very serious time for you both. Keep posting and I look forward to your next post. Tell us everything!!! Good luck with the surgery and I hope all goes well for you both.

Michelle x

Sleeve to be done on 26th May 2010 in Luton, England.

Slim Diddy

I love your name!!! That is so cool! Did you know vv2010 before you got on the plane together? That is awesome that you have a sleeve buddy.

Good luck to both of you, and keep us posted!!

Fabby50 - Yes Slimdiddy and I have known each other since freshman year of college - so about 20 years we've spent dieting together if you can believe that - this REALLY IS OUR YEAR! Thanks for the good wishes!:thumbup:

Hi again Slim and VV

That is so cool that you have each other to get through this journey!! So happy for both of you LOSERS!!!! LOL:thumbup1:

Good Luck! Hope you have a great uneventful surgery.

Slim & VV

I hope one of you took a lap top so that you can post an update for us!! Hope everything went fine, and you are both doing well!

Keep us posted!