Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Understandably positions are important being with our husbands/significants or ??????

But how has this changed for you?

Okay, this may be a little TMI for some, so here's the warning: DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE, OR GET OFFENDED, OR WHINE A BUNCH. We're adults, sex is a normal part of our lives, and this is just my own personal experience.

Sex post weight loss is pretty fabulous. Positions obviously now have a new meaning bc they are easier to get into. Also, I felt more at ease with my husband even though that man made love to me regardless of my fat. He never once mentioned my weight, my size, my inability to get into freaky, fun positions, he never once complained nor mentioned anything negative about our sex life pre-op.

I will be 100% honest with you and everyone else here. Now that I've lost all my weight, having sex with my naturally thin, lean, muscular husband can be somewhat challenging. My huge boobs that being fat gave me are now just skin and little bit of breast tissue. I lay back, they fall over to my underarm area. Therefore, causing major sternum bumping in missionary position. This hasn't posed any problems perse but it's not always comfortable. I still have a little tummy fat roll that likes to make these "not so" cute noises, that took some time to getting used to, and for me to not be embarrassed when it did happen. Also, my butt seems to have disappeared completely therefore I'm quite boney in the rear area. Hip bones are torture devices, but now that I can manipulate my body with ease, it's not so bad.

Overall, sex is pretty amazing. I feel closer to my husband, I'm not hiding under the sheets, I'm demanding the lights be turned off, it's very enjoyable even if some adjustments have to be made to avoid injury.

It's a new world. I could give more specifics, but I'll refrain because it could be too graphic for some. If you want any other specifics, or have any questions, please feel free to contact me via the Private message system.

I will say this, my private parts lost weight as well. Things are boney in that area, it looks different, it's not something that I focused on when I was fat. Because, well, I couldn't see all that well without the assistance of a mirror. But, my husband has even commented on how it has changed. It's not disgusting or gross, it's a good change, and it's kind of cool to be honest.

THANK YOU for your very honest and open reply. I'm sure all of us wanted that information but didn't know how to ask. You are a blessing to this site for your support and insight. Again, thanks.

Wow, Tiff! I love the openess and candid answer. My sex life has changed tremendously as well. My boyfriend has never complained either when I was heavier, he has always been head over heels and was never negative about the change. Me on the other hand was grossed out; I would hate the way my stomach felt underneath him, and I def. wasn't up for trying a bunch of different positions. My mission was to just hurry up as quickly as possible and put my clothes back on :)(or put my pants back on because I NEVER took my top off!)

With that said, with my new confidence in myself after losing almost 50 pounds, I am totally more open with him. I now let him touch and rub, I take all my clothes off including my shirt:001_tongue:, and I am def. open to different positions. He loves doggy style becuase he says my butt and thighs is so toned from biking and running that they are just insatiable :confused1:

And with missionary my stomach doesnt gross me out anymore underneath him becuase it has flattened incredibly. Also I can now hold my wonderful thighs up in the air for a long time no problem while before they felt like two heavy tree trunks LMAO!

All in all, weight loss gives you not only more confidence to try new things and be more open but it also adds flexibility and endurance:thumbup: I'm utterly satisfied and am looking foward to even more changes as time passes!!

Can I ask you gals how soon after surgery you you waited to have sex? Of course I'll be asking my doc too, just curious how long you waited.

Thanks!

You can have sex as soon as you are "comfortable"... my case was the 150 pound mark LOL- wasn't embarressed and was able to enjoy it once again!! And I even felt kinda "sexy".... hadn't felt sexy in years!!!!!

Hadn't had sex in YEARS!! So it was all new and wonderful again!!

Maybe this is TMI:blushing: but I never really took a break from sex. Me and my boyfriend went at it 2 days after my surgery. We were at the recovery house in Mexico and i was laying on my side so there was no pressure on the stomach. No complications whatsoever. I felt wonderful, I was recovering smoothly and I was horny for some reason, so I tried it out and it was fine.:001_unsure:

One week, and only because I had a drain until then.

thank you for your openness. you are funny. i love making love with my husband at 310 lbs now. i only can imagine 100 lbs less.

Okay, this may be a little TMI for some, so here's the warning: DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE, OR GET OFFENDED, OR WHINE A BUNCH. We're adults, sex is a normal part of our lives, and this is just my own personal experience.

Sex post weight loss is pretty fabulous. Positions obviously now have a new meaning bc they are easier to get into. Also, I felt more at ease with my husband even though that man made love to me regardless of my fat. He never once mentioned my weight, my size, my inability to get into freaky, fun positions, he never once complained nor mentioned anything negative about our sex life pre-op.

I will be 100% honest with you and everyone else here. Now that I've lost all my weight, having sex with my naturally thin, lean, muscular husband can be somewhat challenging. My huge boobs that being fat gave me are now just skin and little bit of breast tissue. I lay back, they fall over to my underarm area. Therefore, causing major sternum bumping in missionary position. This hasn't posed any problems perse but it's not always comfortable. I still have a little tummy fat roll that likes to make these "not so" cute noises, that took some time to getting used to, and for me to not be embarrassed when it did happen. Also, my butt seems to have disappeared completely therefore I'm quite boney in the rear area. Hip bones are torture devices, but now that I can manipulate my body with ease, it's not so bad.

Overall, sex is pretty amazing. I feel closer to my husband, I'm not hiding under the sheets, I'm demanding the lights be turned off, it's very enjoyable even if some adjustments have to be made to avoid injury.

It's a new world. I could give more specifics, but I'll refrain because it could be too graphic for some. If you want any other specifics, or have any questions, please feel free to contact me via the Private message system.

I will say this, my private parts lost weight as well. Things are boney in that area, it looks different, it's not something that I focused on when I was fat. Because, well, I couldn't see all that well without the assistance of a mirror. But, my husband has even commented on how it has changed. It's not disgusting or gross, it's a good change, and it's kind of cool to be honest.

I will say that since I've lost weight and my husband hasn't (he's still over 300 pounds), it's hard for me to BREATHE during sex because he crushes me!! He gets a little frustrated with this, so I try very hard to hide it. :o

But, now that I've lost a bunch of weight, I say things like, "Feel this BONE right here" and he laughs at me because everything is way different now. I can't imagnine what it will be like when I get the rest of this weight off!!!

I will say that since I've lost weight and my husband hasn't (he's still over 300 pounds), it's hard for me to BREATHE during sex because he crushes me!! He gets a little frustrated with this, so I try very hard to hide it. :)

But, now that I've lost a bunch of weight, I say things like, "Feel this BONE right here" and he laughs at me because everything is way different now. I can't imagnine what it will be like when I get the rest of this weight off!!!

Girl! Get on top! :o

I'm not a lady, but I'm looking forward to not crushing my girlfriend once I've dropped the weight.

Also, since guys tend to be the more... uh, ACTIVE ones during sex, I'm looking forward to not feeling like I'm going to have a heart attack mid-coitus. That's a bit of a buzz kill...