Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Green Pee and Weird Dreams

I still have green pee. They told me in the hospital it was the dye they used during surgery and it would pass. I had my surgery on Fri. Shouldn't this green stuff have passed through by now? :(

Also, did anyone else experience weird vivid dreams? I am dreaming a lot now and they are wierd....not scary.....just different and vivid, more than usual. I remember trying to grab a set of keys that was falling to the floor and I woke up with my port more sore than yesterday. I know I grabbed for those stupid keys in my dream. :phanvan I wonder if this is from the Vicodin? I was finally weening off of it and this morning, I couldn't wait to take a Tbls.....good stuff for pain. :biggrin1:

Vicodin has many weird side effects and it's a good idea to get off of it as soon as you can. I took it one day post-op and then switched to extra-stength liquid Tylenol which worked just as well. Vicodin will also "slow down" the internal plumbing so make sure you're drinking plenty of Water and getting up and walking frequently.

Michelle, I had the most vivid dreams when on the vicadin. I now take the extra-strength Tylenol I think it works better. It knocks me out like anything. It really helps with my pulled muscle. Hope you are feeling better as the days go on. Take care and remember always follow what the Dr. says even if you feel great! ( you know what I did still hurts) Off to make some homemade soup!

I still have green pee. They told me in the hospital it was the dye they used during surgery and it would pass. I had my surgery on Fri. Shouldn't this green stuff have passed through by now? :(

Also, did anyone else experience weird vivid dreams? I am dreaming a lot now and they are wierd....not scary.....just different and vivid, more than usual. I remember trying to grab a set of keys that was falling to the floor and I woke up with my port more sore than yesterday. I know I grabbed for those stupid keys in my dream. :phanvan I wonder if this is from the Vicodin? I was finally weening off of it and this morning, I couldn't wait to take a Tbls.....good stuff for pain. :biggrin1:

Are you drinking lots of Water Michelle? I sure hope so, as I'm sure it will help change the color of that pee Soup colored pee. As for the Vicodin I've been on it since I hurt my knee and it not only doesn't even help the knee pain it sure has no affect on my dreaming, but then I always dream strange dreams. I'm always somewhere back in my married life when my husband, mom and dad were alive (happy times) and almost inevitably dream of them. I like it though...it feels like they come to me in my dreams and that is soothing. If you are having a bad response to Vicodin maybe they could switch you to Darvocet. It's not as strong but it doesn't cause bad dreams that I know of...of course everyone is different. Unfortunately I have no idea if Darvocet comes in any liquid form. Maybe the idea of liquid Tylenol is a good one.

I wish you oh so much luck with your banding. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and will add getting rid of the "green pee" to it... :)

Dody

Thanks so much for the replies. :biggrin1: Doty ~ I'm drinking as much Water as I can get in. I'm not up to speed yet b/c I'm still cautious since getting sick Sat. I'd have to check my chart to see exactly how much b/c I'm tracking everything that passes my lips. Maybe it's time I up my Water some to change that green pee....I'm getting tired of seeing it. :) Only a weird person would look at their pee everytime. :omg:

I bet it is the Vicodin causing the dreams. It takes the pain away and I was getting off of it until that stupid dream that made me jump for those keys. :( I'll call Walgreens to see what is available. I don't think Tylenol is going to be strong enough for me.

Oh, Doty.....I'm wondering if Topomax would help your knees? I have no idea if it's appropriate or not. I know my mom is on it for her neuropathy. Some even take it for Migraines. Ask you doc about it. She has also had double knee replacement so I'll ask her what she took and send you a PM. I hate to hear that your still in pain....bless your heart. We need to get rid of that pain ASAP!!

I ordered something on-line for knee pain that is strictly holistic. Do I really think it will work...nah not really, but I'm desperate. It's also going to take 4 days to arrive. I am going to see the surgeon on Wed. who is ordering an MRI. Let's pray the knee doesn't need replaced. I've had foot pain for years but never knee pain. This happened when I twisted my knee wrong at my daughter's. I couldn't even move with the pain and couldn't weightbear at all. I can't have my knee fixed until I get the carotid arteries cleaned out, and I can't stand the knee pain that long. Does your Mom require a prescription or is this something that can be bought over-the-counter? I'll give anything a try right about now. The nearest Walgreens is in Knoxville and I'm in Harriman (a good distance away). We have a CVS and a Walmart.< /p>

Perhaps Darvocet comes in liquid and I don't know it hon. I am sure that Percocet comes in liquid, but that is stronger than Vicodin for sure. It does get the job done, and perhaps it won't give you the nightmares. Everything is different with different people.

Yeh...why you checking your pee so much??? :( That is kind of weird.

I love getting PM's from you....by all means send me one.

Don't eat any "green eggs and ham either" :)

Dody

Green pee? Dye? Huh? I don't think my doc used green dye for anything. He never mentioned it anyway and I never saw green pee. Hmmmmm. Another mystery.

As far as Vicodin goes . . . Be careful - it has a lot of weird side effects which can include some pretty severe paranoia. My friend took Vicodin after giving birth. A few days after she came home from the hospital, her husband, my husband, and myself were painting the baby's room, laughing and having a good time while she rested in her bed. Weeks later she told me that she was furious with us because she just knew that we were talking about her AND HER BABY (!) and laughing because she was in pain and so stupid. !!!!! WTF? She said the next time she talked to her doctor he warned her about the Vicodin paranoia! Two weeks later? What was the point then? !!! Crazy.

I hope you will find some other pain medication just in case this one is clouding your perceptions in addition to deadening your pain.

I think I'll call about the green pee b/c it shouldn't be this far out from surgery. It's as green as ever, kelly green as a matter of fact.:) I feel so special now that I'm the only one with green pee. :heh:

Another question......

I seem to have been a bit hungry today, but not sure if that's just my belly rumbling or if it's actual "hunger" growls. I know I'm only a few days out. Will this difference become more clear as time goes on?

Gee girl, the title of your thread sounded like a Dr. Seuss book lol.

Your probably hungry if your tummy is growling. When I woke up from surgery I wanted a cheeseburger... I was soooooo hungry. Never did I not want to eat.

How are you feeling today?

Does sound like a Dr Seuss book, huh? I LMOR today at the surgeons about the green pee. Don't think it's a big deal, but wanted to follow-up just incase. No hunger pains today, but man, there seems to be more food commercials than I remember. Those manly Burger King Whoppers look dreamy......maybe I could just suck some juice out of it......kidding of course. :heh:

I have been very sleepy today and seem to be a bit light-headed. My DH thinks it's a lack of Protein, so I'm sipping on my Isopure Zero Carb in place of Water to see if that helps. Not much pain and even had a BM. :clap2: Only bandsters would talk about green pee and their first BM. :)

3loves methylene blue is excreted SLOWLY via the kidneys. It makes the urine green. That is normal. Increase your Water if you can. That should help. Do a search on methylene blue and you'll get lots of info.

Myra

A week post op I kept having food dreams. In each of them I was trying to sneak and eat food and different "things" were trying to get me. In one dream I was in this grocery store about to take a HUGE bite from a block of cheddar cheese. All the sudden these robots with lasers starting shooting at me telling me to drop the cheese.< /p>

Weird...and this was WITHOUT pain meds :confused:

I think it was my mind working overtime thinking about what I could and couldn't have and the "police" in my life to help me stay the course.

In one dream I was in this grocery store about to take a HUGE bite from a block of cheddar cheese. All the sudden these robots with lasers starting shooting at me telling me to drop the cheese.

This made me laugh so hard it made my port incision hurt!! This is great!! :pound: