Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I didn't bother wearing any undies to the hospital because I knew I wouldn't want to wear them home either. I just showed up in my loose sweats and slip on shoes.

Seriously?? You went commando?? LOL

and I thought going bra-less was daring!

Yep, gown only. They have to insert a catheter up your urethra.

They may choose to, but I didn't have one...

Yup, commando! I didn't know I'd have a catheter, but I woke up to having one. Never knew they put it in and really didn't even feel them removing it.

LOL Post of the day!!!!

Sabrina, I did have surgery in Mexico. Maybe it depends on what type of surgery you are having, how long you will be sedated and what your movement limits will be afterwards. Hopefully a nurse will answer you more. Seems they always want you to get up and walk right away, and if you have to get up to use the bathroom, that is a start! lol

I wore my underwear during my Tummy Tuck and lift surgery; in fact I didn't even take my pants off.

I used to be a nurse (hated it!). Every surgery that I had to attend during clinicals consisted of being butt nekkid under that gown LOL They almost always had a foley cath too as soon as they were put under.

I am an RN in a busy OR. The issue with panties...or no panties, is really very dependent on the facility and moreso the nurse sending you to the OR. Nowadays, it is common to allow the patient to remain in their underwear until they have been sedated, after this time the undergarments are removed and a catheter inserted if necessary. This helps reduce the stress and anxiety experienced by many patients who get uptight with people getting up close and personal with their " personals ". If you prefer to go with your scibbies on...then ask for it!!

Hi there, I had my surgery in Sydney Australia in February. The hospital gives you a gown and disposable panties. After the surgery, when they take you back to the room they remove the gown and the disposable panties and wash your tummy to get rid of the iodine wash. The nurses then replace your gown with a clean one. When this is being done you don't really care what they are doing as they have seem many many fat tummies...lol and you are still coming out of the anesthesia. Cheers

Michelle

Still laughing over Lee's commando status!

I had those disposable panties once. Don't remember exactly when or where, but it might have been with my ERCP last August. No catheter tho. They made me get up to use the bathroom and it was highly annoying since they were "forcing" so many liquids thru my IV. lol

I had the choice of either wearing them or not.

I chose to wear them but really wish that I hadnt as they got ruined.

They were brand new and the first pair of those cute little boxer type for girls that I have ever had.

Oh well.... I was forewarned!!

Oh and no catheter for me either:thumbup:

I wore panties in the O.R. and when I got back to my room my boyfriend threw them away because the got dye all over them! I was so out of it I thought it was a bunch of blood!!!! :001_smile::scared0::001_rolleyes: Lol, it's funny now but it was scary then.

Oh my, it never occurred to me that they would put a catheter in. I guess that is why they wouldn't let me leave until I used the bathroom. I thought it strange since they didn't do the GB. Interesting no one mentioned it

Dr. Aceves doesn't use a catheter. I didn't wear panties to the OR and most of the time I was in the hospital because of the drain bag and them constantly emptying it -- I wore the hospital gown most of the time to prevent any damage to any of my jammies and underwear. Once they removed the drain, then I wore my own clothes. As for scheduling your surgery during your cycle, they aren't operating on that area, so other than just being uncomfortable from the surgery and being on your period, there's no reason you can't have your surgery during that time of the month.

Personally, I would be more concerned about ruining your panties after the surgery and from the "peacock poops" - that blue dye RUINS anything it happens to touch -- take advantage of the hospital gowns until that danger has passed!:blushing:

LOL *peacock poops*

I was forewarned not to be surprised about a blue or purple surprise, but never had anything come out colorful. I felt so deprieved : (

I wore my panties in the OR, big mistake! They were stained when I came back out. They were my favorite pair too! I had to throw them away. Go commando, it is much easier!!