Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone getting grumpy?

:001_rolleyes: I have found the last two days i could turn around and snap at anyone insight just for looking at me, this isnt me at all, I had to leave the room yesterday because more than one person was talking and it felt like a hammer in my head, hoping passes very soon.

When pre-op on liquid diet I was a total bitch. I hated that. Then the week after surgery, or sometimes 2 weeks I was in my own little pity world.

You are entitled.

Ohhhh I'm definately in my pity world. I want to chew food ,dad gummit!!! Igo from cranky to exhausted. Ready for normalcy;)

Just remember...this too shall pass!

Sounds like normal post-op grumpies. You are doing well to walk away instead of burning bridges...things will get better. I promise!

cranky to exhausted is right LOL but I find its better now, now I can chew mushy food I feel abit normal :) and of course seeing results makes it much easier :) thanks guys!

I understand your pain. I'm 2 weeks out. I've had a couple of times where i've been really crabby at people. I'm not so much tired anymore but what i've noticed is when I'm watching tv or out and about, i notice food a lot more now. and of course being a big guy i've watched a lot of food shows. For me and with the sleeve taking away the grellins(sp?) I do still feel hungry. It's VERY frustrating! i want to go out in the kitchen and eat something, and i've even caught myself going out there to eat. Then i remember that if i do eat i put myself in a deadly situation. if my stomach rips or the incisions break open or whatever then i'll be in the ICU for a long time. This as been such more a mental game than i expected. I assumed there was some but not this much. I've thankfully I've had someone who's a year out post op to talk to and she's given me some solutions and what not.

So my suggestions would be support groups and make a good friend there. like a Sponsor for AA. Having someone there who's been through what I'm going through is a big help. I can talk to my friends and family but as bad as this sounds...unless you've done exactly how I'm doing it you don't understand. One other thing i've done, is i have a HUGE sugar tooth. so to curb that i've been chewing sugar free gum. and i've found out that when i'm not craving sugar but missing that chewing feeling, chewing gum doesn't take the craving or want away but it brings it down to a manageable level.

I hope these help. i keep hearing with time you'll feel better....kinda getting tired of hearing it to be honest. but that also might be me being grumpy. hahaha!

This process is definitely a mental battle. The sleeve or any WLS for that matter is only a tool to cause a physical limitation while we learn how to provide our bodies with the energy source it needs. Too many of us used food to fill other voids and to deal with emotional ups and downs. Without the food there it is a reality that we will feel those emotions more than we're previously used to. Instead of eating a piece of cake to help us get past the wife's most recent aggravating action, we're going to have to learn how to deal with these situations in other ways. We can do it though, we are MEN after all. :)

Wow Paul! Congrats on your loss, Amazing job :D