Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

can you feel the swelling?

that's maybe a strange question,but can you feel the swelling?

when i wake up the last few days i can feel my stomach just sitting there.... if i take a big breath and hold it, the feeling goes a bit further and it almost feels uncomfortable.

i don't have any other "sleeve related problems" like a leak or something,

cause i had a bad pain in my lower left back the day before yesterday and my doc did a series of tests to exclude anything sleeve related.

so i'm just thinking, could this feeling be swelling related?

I am still trying to find where the sleeve is, so I guess I don't feel it. I have felt my esophagus and my belly button, but where I assume my stomach to be I don't feel it.

If I drink cold Water, I can feel it going down towards my stomach but not so sure I can actually feel where the stomach is located. If I have taken a few too many bites of food, it definitely feels like a blob in there.

Have you been up and around much? I remember a few days ago you said that you weren't feeling very well. If I sit around too much my back gets quite sore or I might twist funny and end up sore. I also have 4 herniated disks in my back tho ...

Hope there isn't any seriously wrong and its just a pulled muscle or something!

I've never had that problem. I could feel my port when I had that stupid lap-band, but have not noticed feeling my tummy with this surgery.

Sometimes when I am laying down on my right side I feel like my organs are being pressed under my ribs. I would assume this might be from a swollen stomach but this is just a wild guess as I've never felt anything like this before. It doesn't happen when I switch to the left side or am on my back.

Sometimes when I am laying down on my right side I feel like my organs are being pressed under my ribs. I would assume this might be from a swollen stomach but this is just a wild guess as I've never felt anything like this before. It doesn't happen when I switch to the left side or am on my back.

Oh! That reminds me! Laying on my side was difficult immediately after surgery. If I put a pillow between my knees and along my right side to kinda lay on or against, it was much more comfortable. There were plenty of pillows in the recovery house. I still did it for a week or two after getting home. It hurt less on my right side than my left side tho . . . I think the stomach is on the left?? I suppose I could google it : )

I had the same trouble. I felt the swelling for about a week or so. It went away completely after a couple of weeks.

As far as sleeping went, I couldn't lay on my side for almost a month. I was feelign pretty good but then they took the drain out - and it felt like it ripped something inside me. My insides were bruised for another 2 weeks. I'm 5 weeks out and just now not feeling bruised inside.