Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on 3/17 on clear liquid stage.. i am having a hard time with the Proteins they make me sick just thinking about having to drink that stuff.

Can someone tell me how long it takes for the abdominal swelling and pain to go away? i went back to work this past monday and am having a very hard time. thanks all!;)

Sorry, I'm not much help. I was discharged on full liquids.

But, I am having trouble getting all the Protein as well. It does take 2 weeks before you will even remotely get close to 60 grams of protein for the day.

I didn't really have much pain post-op.

It seems like you went back to work pretty soon. Unless you really have to

you might want to take some more time off. VSG is major surgery and some

doctors recommend at least a week off of work if not more.From what I understand as long as you are getting enough Water you shouldn't worry about Protein or anything else yet. We can survive a long time without food but not a long time without water. Hope this helps. I am right behind you getting sleeved on April 8

I was telling a friend today that the first month was hell for me. Hang in there, it gets so much better, I promise :crying: My recovery was pretty fast. I milked it for a good 2-3 weeks just so I could sit on my butt though LOL I too think you went back to work too soon. I'd stay home until next Monday if you can.

thanks for all of the great advice. i do think i went to work too soon, i am going to try and lay it a little lower the rest of the week. i know my boyfriend is basically panicing cuz i am not wanting to down all of the Protein stuff. i am drinking one Protein Shake a day hopefully that will be enough...

I am so with you. I made sugar free Jello and used Isopure 40gm Protein drink for the "cold" water" I thought I could drink the Isopure but just couldn't do it. (eating it right now-dark cherry w/grape frost Isopure) I have been putting my soy slender in my morning tea and mixing some bioplex vanilla cream (40 gm Protein no sugar) when it cools down (I put it in when it was hot yuksville) I also have found that sugar really affects me (diarrhea-not sure if that is dumping?) might be a good thing....

also feel bloated my blue jeans are as tight as ever (had to use the rubber band in the waist trick) I have not stepped on the scale!!! I don't go back to work till the 1st of June. Downloaded some other VSG post-op diets and trying to pull them all together (good to obsess about something!)

Tonight I am going to explore my Vitamin and mineral optimum requirements.

hang in there WE CAN DO THIS!!!

D.

I didn't worry about getting in Protein in the first two weeks. On full liquids, I ate greek yogurt because it's high in Protein. I couldn't do the Protein shakes. At around two weeks I started drinking some RTD Muscle Milk Light but mostly focused on my 1/4 to 1/3 cup of pureed foods.

I have a desk job an went back to work on Day 7.

Hang in there, you'll be fine.

I was sleeved on 3/15! I too have had trouble with the protien shakes. I think my sense of smell is really heightened and I'm gagging when I am trying to drink them. Next Monday I can start to do more and not just do clear liquids.. so i'm going to give it a go again then. Hang in there. You've had MAJOR surgery. Take some more time off from work if you can... My recover has been amazing.. everyday is really, really better.

My doc told me not to worry about Protein until I was on full liquids. Then if I could get in 20-30 g per day for the first week on full liquids, he was happy. I went at 10 days and was getting 30-40 per day and he said I was doing better than any of his other patients! So, don't make yourself sick - just hang in there.