Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are the bandless scaring newbies?

DeLarla
Sign in to follow this  

To make a “blanket statement” is to make a generalization. She was just stating her opinion based on statements made by Miss Delarla as well as answer some of her questions.

Why question her why she's scared.

I think you should OWN scaring newbies. Words and emotions in a post have alot of effect on people. Whether you believe that or not, it does. She is even confessing to ensuring that she IS scaring newbies.

Yes Penni, I do think you are overstepping as a moderator. That is my opinion.

God I'm so over this. Its stupid. This is addressed to everybody and nobody in particular.

I can accept that notes of warning, mentions of what can go wrong, etc are helpful to newbies, everybody needs the correct information.

But you ladies need to realise you are in the unfortunate minority for whom the band has not been as successful as you'd hoped. Things go wrong and unfortunately it was you who had to suffer that. Everybody does need to know that things go wrong for sure. But they dont for the VAST majority of people, the band is a useful and successful tool if not a miracle worker.

What you have to say on the topic is valid, but it goes past being helpful and does indeed come across as pissing on peoples parade. People who are positive and upbeat and hopeful for their bands are NOT living in denial. We are not that stupid and we do not need you ramming down our throats every second of the day how terrible the band is. It is your problem and you need to deal with it. You have sympathy and respect for what you've been through but you have nothing to do with my everyday life and I do not wish to constantly hear what a downer your band was on a board that is supposed to be informative and supportive. You may not mean to but you come across as bitter, twisted and nasty.

I'm fast coming to the conclusion your pessimistic, depressing outlook on life is more of a reason for your lack of success than anything else, physical complications notwithstanding. I cannot in any way see that you have a balanced or healthy outlook on your lives. If you have nothing nice or positive to say then dont say it. There was no reason for this thread to have been started at all.

I have the utmost respect for experienced bandsters, whether they have their bands still or not. They've been there, done that and have experiences to share. I have no respect whatsoever for whiners, whingers and nasty people who just want to make sure everyone knows how miserable they are.

LOCKED another one.

Simmer down now! Simmer down now!