Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

cloud bread cinnamon raisin nut pastry...low carb

Ok.. so first of all...I made these neato things called "cloud bread" that I found here:

sugar free Cinnamon Syrup (DaVinci, Torani, Starbucks...whatever)

Bake as directed in recipe above.

Mix some cream cheese with some splenda to taste...(sweetened cream cheese) and a little butter to smooth it out, use as a "frosting" for the "pastry".

enjoy!:lol0::001_tt2:

OMG I have GOT to try that... I bet you could make some excellent personal pizzas with that stuff too!!

OMG I have GOT to try that... I bet you could make some excellent personal pizzas with that stuff too!!

It's a very tender pastry Stacy..not sure it would hold up to heavy toppings. Honestly, I would add pizza type spices into the dough..and finely chop some pepperoni to stir into the batter. Then maybe just put mushrooms and cheese on top after the pastry is cooked?

I think it's a forgiving recipe as long as you remember that it's basically a meringue with cream cheese for structure.

I toasted it today and then split it open and made a PB & J with no sugar added Peanut Butter (Trader Joes) and some sugar free Grape jelly.

Yummmmmmm!:lol0:

I'm having a blast with these! I made savory ones yesterday and since each batch makes six "clouds" I made two of them into onion rolls (added 2 T broken up Durkee Fried Onions), two were italian seasoned, and two were pizza rolls with chopped pepperoni and pizza spices.

Next I'm going to try sweet again...and try something along the lines of a fruit filled danish, I think if I use No Sugar added apricot preserves it will work.

By the way...I split one of the "onion roll clouds" last night and had it with a 3 oz hamburger patty, a thin slice of velveeta and no sugar added bread and butter pickle slices, and some ketchup. You can't handle them roughly..but it held together enough that I felt I was having a cheeseburger!

Last night I split one of my cloud bread thingies that I had flavored with crushed Durkee onions, toasted it well, and then put 1/4 cup of bbq pulled chicken on it.

10 carbs total for a BBQ chicken sandwich! loving these things...so versatile

I showed this to John a couple of nights ago, and I think we're going to try them this weekend.

Do they stay fresh in a ziploc baggy? Like if I make a few, would they keep in a ziploc baggy if John wanted to make a sandwich out of them while I'm out of state next week?

Tiff,

Because they are primarily eggs and cream cheese, they get a little sticky in a ziploc. However, that's where I store mine, I just don't zip it! I think they will freeze great and he could pull one out at a time and toss it in the toaster to defrost it and get rid of any stickiness.

I'm truly loving these as a "sandwich" helper and a Breakfast pastry. I live alone and preparing a complete dinner just isn't in my game plan. However, I can fix a small healthy, high Protein, low carb sandwich and feel good. (I usually can only eat 2/3rds if I make it into a sandwich..but that's ok. The new momma dogs get the rest!).

Flavor them well, otherwise they can be bland. Adding in dry spices for the savory ones really made the difference and kept them from tasting "eggy".

Let me know what you try and how you like them!

Tiff,

Because they are primarily eggs and cream cheese, they get a little sticky in a ziploc. However, that's where I store mine, I just don't zip it! I think they will freeze great and he could pull one out at a time and toss it in the toaster to defrost it and get rid of any stickiness.

I'm truly loving these as a "sandwich" helper and a Breakfast pastry. I live alone and preparing a complete dinner just isn't in my game plan. However, I can fix a small healthy, high Protein, low carb sandwich and feel good. (I usually can only eat 2/3rds if I make it into a sandwich..but that's ok. The new momma dogs get the rest!).

Flavor them well, otherwise they can be bland. Adding in dry spices for the savory ones really made the difference and kept them from tasting "eggy".

Let me know what you try and how you like them!

Thank ya bunches. I really like the idea of the onion flavored ones. And, John wants some fruity ones.

I can eat bread, but it's kind of "ehh" if that makes sense. I just don't find it flavorful anymore.

Tiff,

did you try these?

I still love the ones that made into Cinnamon rolls with nuts the best. They really need the walnuts or pecans for texture and the craisins for a punch of flavor. I'm going to Trader Joe's early next week while I'm in Indianapolis and get some sugar free dried cranberries...those will be nice in this.

I should make more this week...sandwich options are getting low without them in the house.

I have not ventured into making these yet. It's supposed to storm here this weekend so maybe I'll give them a try tonight.

I've fallen love with the Thomas Bagel thins. I've several of the ingredients in my pantry for these. John was stubborn about trying them when I went out of town, and he probably wouldn't have eaten them unless I was here to encourage it. LOL

These are called "oopsie rolls"

They are a variation of Atkin's revolutionary rolls

The person who came up with them made a mistake while trying to make revo rolls that its why they got named OOPSIE rolls. Lol.

they're known by several names. The website that I found the recipe referred to them as "cloud bread".

Is there a point to correcting it?

Tiff, I wouldn't make them on a humid day. The dryer the better. I baked the last batch for 45 minutes and then loosened them from the pan and returned them to the turned off oven until the oven was cool.