Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daily Calorie Total for those of you 6+ months out

Just curious how many calories those of you who are six months out or more are eating a day. Honestly.

I find that I can hit 1000 calories in no time. I have upped my exercise to burn between 500-800 calories a day about 4-5 times a week because I'm just finding that I can totally eat up to 1200 calories in a day. And my portions are not big. 4 oz - 4 1/2 oz only.

Honestly, I have never counted calories. I count Protein and carbs and that is how I lost 100 lbs.

I still go to support group and I always hear that as long as you don't over load on carbs, you will keep losing.

Now that I am at nearly a year post op, I eat anything I want. I gained 8 lbs on my recent cruise and I've already lost it. I was worried it would be difficult to take back off, but once I got back to my same eating habits, it fell right back off.

I'm getting 1200-1300 calories a day in at 9.5 months post-op. I've increased my carb count to 60-80grams daily, and still get in the 60 Protein on most days. I may get a few more when I drink juice or have a glass of wine, but food wise I'm sticking to 1200 calories a day to maintain.

I know my problem is snacking between meals. I don't do it too much, but that's how I'm getting to 1000 so quick...

I do great when I'm at home because I don't keep snack-type food around, but it's at work that I have the problem. That crap is all over the place!! I just need to use more will power.

I know my problem is snacking between meals. I don't do it too much, but that's how I'm getting to 1000 so quick...

I do great when I'm at home because I don't keep snack-type food around, but it's at work that I have the problem. That crap is all over the place!! I just need to use more will power.

Or......pack healthy low carb, high Protein snacks!

Pork rinds

turkey Jerky, beef Jerky, bison jerky

cheese, individual portions

lunchmeat wrapped around a dill pickle with some seasoned low fat cream cheese spread in there

laughing cow cheese triangles

BabyBel cheese mini's

25 almonds

25 pistachios..in the shell so you have to eat them slow

soy nuts

Protein shakes

:lol0:

i have just the opposite on the snacking thing. my problem is at home!! i see my kids snacking on items and then i want to snack too. i am not sure if this is going to work for me to get to goal like so many others have. well we will have to see.

Thanks for the suggestions, Tracy!

Laura, I don't have kids yet (hoping to get pregnant after I reach goal), but I'm a kindergarten teacher. The kids bring a snack every day for after nap time and that's my BIGGEST weakness. We eat lunch at 11 a.m., so by 3 p.m. when they snack, I am ready to snack too!!! I will have to start packing my own snack with my lunch. BUT, spring break is coming up and then only 6 more weeks until summer. I want to be under 200 by my birthday, but I'm going to have to kick some major booty to get there!!! (June 27)

I was a little nervous because at just over 3 1/2 months I have noticed that my caloric intake has risen. I was basically living on 400 or so calories a day but since I started walking 4 miles a day at work I found my appetite back and that I was surpassing the 800 calorie goal I set for myself online. I have had a couple busy days where I have hit 1000 this week. Crazy thing is, that now that I am eating more my stall seems to have passed and I am losing again!!!! Now I am wondering if my body was in starvation mode and trying to conserve???? This is such a roller coaster that everytime I think I have it figured out it changes...LOL! I do eat quite a lot of the Atkins bars so maybe the net carbs versus actual carbs does make a difference.

Same here, I don't have any problem hitting 1000 calories but I try not to worry about cals so much as I do carb count which I've been getting between 20 and 25 and losing weight very satisfactorily with only one little stall at 2 weeks out. I find that you can't have both; extreme low carbs and low cals if you are going to get in enough nutrition. I have always been a big fan of meats and, unfortunately, they are mostly high in calories as are cheeses. The nice thing is that there is a ton of Protein there too and I don't need to have shakes often at all anymore unless I just want an energy boost. That said, I try to be honest with myself when I hit 1000+ calories and, lo carb or not, ask myself was I eating that much because I was hungry or because I could? Usually it was because it was there. I do just fine on 700-800 per day if I am really listening. :001_unsure:

C

From what I understand, your food capacity is supposed to roughly double from immediaetly post-op to long-term maintenance. If so, going from 400-600 calories per day to 1200 or so doesn't seem too alarming.

Again, as long as you keep your protein/carb/micronutrient balances good, I don't think it should be a concern.

Of course, I have yet to be sleeved, so this is all guessification on my part.

Sadly, I've been averaging 1500 calories a day. Increased my carbs to a solid 80grams, Protein to 80grams, and limited fats because fatty foods are not working for me right now.

I lost 5 pounds last week after maintaining for almost a month. I think part of the problem is stress related, and once I am done with this trip to TX, and back home, hopefully things return to normal, and I can gain a few pounds.

I have to say I took a "nutrition vacation" the past 4 days when i was visiting family in TX. It was pretty bad---the things I ate! I felt like my "old" self for a couple of days even though I couldn't finish that big plate of burrito like I wanted to, HAH!

However, I'm back home now and back on track as of right now (just woke up). Having my Protein bar as I type. Going to the store later to restock the fridge...the hubs actually cleaned it out while i was gone!

Me too Amanda, being in Texas has brought out so many bad habits. Plus, I'm staying with my 2 younger brothers, so it's a lot of eating out. I had 1200 calories consumed in 2 meals yesterday, and almost freaked out on myself. But, I figure it'll be okay. I never realized I'd miss the comforts of Greek yogurt and cheese wedges LOL.

Tiffy don't you worry about a thing. It will all even out in the end when your body finds it's happy weight.Just eat what you want!

Ok I know I'm a little late with this post but I was wondering what you use to track your Protein and carbs? I have a little book but it doesn't break anything up. It just gives the calorie count and fat content. Also I would love to eat 400 calories a day. Can anyone give me some ideas on how you acheive this?