Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First month review

It's hard to believe that a month has gone by since my surgery. Other than being intolerant of the whey Protein Shakes from Day 5 to Day 10, the month has flown by with no complications or distress. There were so many days that I wondered if I had a Sleeve, then I looked at my pictures of my little worm and knew that the Doc did the deed.

I went back to work (desk job) on day 7. I worked from home the first week, then started back in at my office. The first few days were 1/2 in the office, 1/2 working at home, then back to 8 or 9 hour days. I think that working has impinged on my energy levels for working out. I'm hoping to get in more walking and gym time in month two.

My one month followup with my Surgeon was perfect. He removed Morbidly Obese from my file! He was delighted with my results and my progress. I'll have labs done May 1st and see him around the 17th of May for my three month follow-up.

I started soft food yesterday and think that I overate at two meals. lunch was 3 ounces of meatloaf. Way too much. Wanted to come back up for several hours. Terribly uncomfortable while training a group of adults. dinner was 3 oz of tilapia. Again, too full. Today I'll get out my 1/4 cup measure and use that.

I think I'm doing great in not comparing myself to anyone else on the forums. This is my journey and my results will be different than others. I'm keeping a positive attitude and trusting that I will be just as successful as everyone else. My post-op matra is "Everything always works out for me!". I've noticed my weight loss really slowing down. If I can keep at 2+ pounds a week, I'll be happy! I'm only 10.7 pounds from Onederland and my Half Way point.

I'm going to post my numbers because I know how curious I was as a pre-op.

I'm 59 and 5'4. My high weight was 249 a year ago.

I started at 229 on surgery morning on the Kaiser scale.

Week 1 - 7.4

Week 2 - 5.8

Week 3 - 2.2

Week 4 - 2.8

Did I mention that I love my Sleeve! :001_tongue:

Congratulations Lee on all of your success thus far!!! Sounds like you are doing great. It's exciting to see and hear from someone who's just a lil further out and ahead in the journey to better health than myself. Today is my one week (7 days) post op and I'm feeling rather good, so, I'm assuming that everything thats going on inside of me is doing great too;). My surgery was done at Fremont Kaiser. I am 5 ft. 5 in. at 54 and 9/12 th years old, but feeling much younger than I have the last couple months. My heaviest overrall weight was 257, surgery day weight was 227 and this morning the scale says 217. What a shocker!!:). Morbidly obese. looking forward to following in your succesful footsteps and getting rid of those dificult, harsh, labling words off my chart too.!!! Again, CONGRATS to you!!!:001_tongue: Look forward to continuing hearing from you and everyone else. I'ts so nice to have such a wonderful , commonality group of support!! I love it!!

Lee, it sounds like you are doing fantastic. Keep up the good work. You are correct in that we can't compare ourselves to any others. We all lose at our own rate. Congrats!!

Lee, it sounds like you are doing fantastic. Keep up the good work. You are correct in that we can't compare ourselves to any others. We all lose at our own rate. Congrats!!

Thanks so much Barbara!

Your doing great Lee!!!

Thanks so much Timetofly!!

Congratulations Lee on all of your success thus far!!! Sounds like you are doing great. It's exciting to see and hear from someone who's just a lil further out and ahead in the journey to better health than myself. Today is my one week (7 days) post op and I'm feeling rather good, so, I'm assuming that everything thats going on inside of me is doing great too;). My surgery was done at Fremont Kaiser. I am 5 ft. 5 in. at 54 and 9/12 th years old, but feeling much younger than I have the last couple months. My heaviest overrall weight was 257, surgery day weight was 227 and this morning the scale says 217. What a shocker!!:blink:. Morbidly obese. looking forward to following in your succesful footsteps and getting rid of those dificult, harsh, labling words off my chart too.!!! Again, CONGRATS to you!!!:) Look forward to continuing hearing from you and everyone else. I'ts so nice to have such a wonderful , commonality group of support!! I love it!!

I thought we were probably neighbors! Congratulations on your first week and your first 10 pounds. Isn't it great? I was down 9.4 after the first week and I kept getting off and on the scale because I couldn't believe it! You're already out of the Morbidly Obese range. Congratulations! What a victory eh? :)

Hi Up2me. I'm having my surgery at Kaiser Fremont on 4/5. How was your surgeon? I have Dr. Dutta. Pre-op is on 3/23. I'm getting really, really excited now..... Keep up the good work!

Diane, I'm so excited for your surgery! Keep us posted on how you're doing please. :smile1: