Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's so good about Krispy Kremes?

They've just opened a drive through down at our local shopping centre, first one in Victoria. There's been one for ages at Sydney Airport and everyone comes onto the plane laden with donuts.

The queue through the drive through was right out onto the main road. Everybody's talking about it, its in the local papers.

Thing is I reckon they taste revolting. Why does everyone love them so much.

They're like stale cake, horrible, cold, the fat in them has solidified, the sugar crystallises, so they're tough like old boots.

A donut should be recently deep fried, like taken out of the oil as you pay for it. It should be covered in powdery sugar and cinnamon and full of hot jam in the middle. Its no more than a morsel, eaten out of the bag on freezing cold morning at the football. Not a horrid huge hunk of days ago fried dough with horrid sticky icing. Ick.

What am I missing?

oh then you got a bad krispy kreme! you want to go in and buy then when they have he "ready hot now" sign.

i LOVE them, but am happy to say that I have not had one for approx 2 years

I agree....friends of our from the USA have been raving about Krispy Kreme donuts for years so when we went to the States this year we couldn't wait to try them.......YUCK....they were stale and dry tasting.

Maybe Krispy Kreme Donuts are a bit like Vegimite.....an aquired taste!

The one's I've had were very light, melt in your mouth and disgustingly awesome! Last one I had was well over 3 years ago. It's one of things that early on I developed a mantra.. Krispy Kremes are not your friends.. Krispy Kremes are not your friend...

I agree....friends of our from the USA have been raving about Krispy Kreme donuts for years so when we went to the States this year we couldn't wait to try them.......YUCK....they were stale and dry tasting.

Maybe Krispy Kreme Donuts are a bit like Vegimite.....an aquired taste!

I hate them too, but for the exact opposite reason! lol They're so gooey and so soft you can't pick them up without squashing them into a dough ball. Gross. I would have preferred it the way you got it! lol

You shouldn't HAVE TO eat a donut with a fork. Ick.

I havent had them either....my boyfriend just raves about them. And his mouth pratically waters when they turn on the "hot now" sign or whatever.

I havent had a donut since surgery and just think im going to keep it that way for now.

I remeber the first day when the krispie shop opened. I waited in the drive through line with about 60 other cars. I got my dozen and left to go home. When I got there only 2 donuts left in this big box. My husband was gone and I ate the other 2 after heating them up in the microwave. I was in love with this greasy, airy, and tasteful wonder!!!

Now when I look back at my eating habits, it is no wonder why I weighed 270!!!

I agree. They are awesome. I have always loved them. But I like them when the light is on so they are warm and soft. Oh man now I am going to be thinking about them all night. LOL

I only had a krispy creme one time a couple years back. I also do not "get it". I was not impressed at all.

I only had a krispy creme one time a couple years back. I also do not "get it". I was not impressed at all.

This is me, too. And I feel the same way about Dunkin' Donuts' balls of sweet mattress stuffing.

Jacqui, what you describe sounds AMAZING. Thank goodness they don't sell those at Dunkin' Donuts!

Ooh they are. You'll be driving somewhere, generally not in the middle of the city, but outskirts and you'll see a donut van on the side of the road - just a caravan usually. "HOT JAM DONUTS", and there's always a van at the Queen Victoria Market in Melbourne too, there's always vans at things like the Royal Melbourne Show, Moomba (which is a Melbourne festival) etc etc. Fresh cooked, piping hot, they're heaven. Nothing like other donuts you buy at Donut King or packaged in the supermarket etc.