Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I am here in Mexicali and got sleeved yesterday. First day was great but second day not so good. Sip walk sip only works if you can keep the liquid down and you don't get nauseas every time you walk. I"m hoping for a better day tomorrow

Hey Tonya, hang in there, day 2 always seems worse than any other day. Hopefully, you're getting some meds to help with the nausea. Hang in there, and keep us posted.

So I am here in Mexicali and got sleeved yesterday. First day was great but second day not so good. Sip walk sip only works if you can keep the liquid down and you don't get nauseas every time you walk. I"m hoping for a better day tomorrow

Katldy, welcome to the loser's bench! Be sure to tell the nurses or Dr Aceves if you are nauseated...ask for what you need, they don't want you to be uncomfortable. You'll heal faster if your pain and nausea are medicated! Walk and burp and sip and burp and walk some more...and rest! You are in the best of hands! Isn't it a beautiful hospital? Try to buy all the nexium you will need before you leave there because it costs a fortune in the USA...$300.00 for a 90 day supply! It's much cheaper in the pharmacies near Almater hospital.

Tonya, welcome to the Loser's Bench. Day three is definitely better than day two.

We were on the same day! and my second day was pretty bad too. I didn't have too much nausea, but everytime I said I was, they gave me a shot. I didn't take in much at all.

Today is so much better. I hope you feel better too.

Today is definitely a much better day. I just got the drain out and was able to take another shower. Still have alot of gas build up but most of my nauseas yesterday was due to acid in the stomach. I never was able to keep anything down and never got all the blue juice into me. Today however, i have had a 1/2 cup of tea and 1/2 bowl of yummy chicken broth. THE BEST I EVER HAD. They really did there best yesterday to make me comfortable and gave me lots of meds but unfortunately there wasn't much else they could do other than wait for it to pass. I will be heading back home tomorrow.

P.S. I met some great people here from the OH website

Glad you are doing better. I didn't have a drain, I don't know why.

I ran a fever last night, but I never went over the 100.5 that they tell you to call the doctor at. Today my temp is fine and I am trying to get all my fluids in. I am still not anywhere near the 70 ounces they say. I may get to 30 or 40 by the end of the day.

Can anyone describe day TWO as everyone has posted that it is the worst. What would you compare this to?? Childbirth??? Hit by a Bus?? what?? (just trying to wrap my head around this before I am sleeved next week).. Thanks!

Katldy congrats on being sleeved! Welcome to the new you!

I agree that day 2 was worse. It is really hard to describe. I think you have the bloating from the surgery plus the incisional pain is starting to set it. It is a bad soreness but you use your stomach muscles to do so much! Then I needed to burp but couldn't and that causes pain. It is all that trapped gas in your body and it moves around making it hard to get comfortable. I got my pain med filled the 2nd day and when I took it, it made a world of difference. It is also the day you wonder if you did the right thing!