Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Limarp surgical center-dr. Pompa

too cute... Ill know in a few days and give you the low down!!

Hi CG! Wishing you well for your Surgery Friday! :crying:

LMD!!! Good luck to you, today is the big day!! I will be thinking of you all day with very good thoughts!!! I cant wait to hear from you at the end of the day!!! Oh my gosh, Im so excited for you!!! See you on the losers board in 2 days!!

LMD!!! Good luck to you, today is the big day!! I will be thinking of you all day with very good thoughts!!! I cant wait to hear from you at the end of the day!!! Oh my gosh, Im so excited for you!!! See you on the losers board in 2 days!!

Thank you my dear!! I'm feeling a little nauseous... so my nerves are on overdrive. I just want to get in my little bed with the IV's and relaxers already... sigh Get this over with!

My Surgery won't be until Noon or 1 PM so I have to wait all day. :lol0: But I just got to suck it up and get this thing done! I know I can't keep this band here much longer, and I need something or I'll gain and gain and gain... For me my best choice is the sleeve. I wouldn't do well with the RNY, the malapsorption would not be good for me.

I will try to log on as soon as I can. Doubtful it will be today though, I'm always out of it on surgery day.

Wishing you the best LilMissDiva

Hi girls .....

Im at the Grand Hotel Tijuana now, and the big day is tomorrow!! Its so nice to be able to relax now that were finally here... it was a long morning being up at 3:30am eekss.... once in SanDiego though it was a quick drive to Tijuana!! I was so relieved lol (20 minutes) We did a little tour of the hotel, saw the pool and pharmacy and now we're in out rooms just resting up for the big day!!

The hotel is really nice.....its connected to Dr.Pompa's office... we just walk in the morning from here (takes under 5 minutes).

It ended up also that another girl came down with my facilitator and I, and we actually went to jr high and high school together, lol what a small world!! It was great having someone to know on the plane ride down.

Its nice though in the hotel, bed, tv (no dvd here - maybe at Dr.Pompas?), and bathroom. Nice view of the golf course. And so far so good, and nothing to worry about in Tijuana.... the driver at the airport was easy to find, and Im feeling quite safe being here... wasnt sure what to expect as I usually go to the resorts in Mexico :thumbup:.

I have less then 24 hours to go ....and I should have my surgery completed!! Im so excited, more excited to wake up and say its done, I can start a whole new me!!

oh my word!!!!>... that is so exciting... now that all of you are getting sleeved day by day... it means im getting closer and closer! i will be thinking of you tomorrow.... you will do really great! <3

weird question...... do the rooms have a dvd player??... i was thinking about bringing my one tree hill collection to keep me busy!

3 days out and whew!! Im glad thats done and that Im now on the other side of it all!! I just wanted to let you know that the last 3 days, Dr.Pompa and her staff have been and were amazing!!

There is no dvd at the hotel or clinic though but they have tons of movies channels that were playing great movies the whole time I was there.

Day 2 - you get ice chips - and trust me even though you cant swallow them, they are the best!!

Day 3 after your leak test - you get a popsycle and its amazing!!

Theres also a pharmacy downstairs where you can buy drinks and an OXXO across the street to buy drinks.< /p>

We go back again in the morning and evening tomorrow to just get checked up on again and so they can also redo out bandaids/ gauzes over the incisions.

Tuesday morning we get to go home!! SO happy about this!!

Good luck with your soon to be visit!!

There were 3 of us there getting ours done at the same time and everyone had successful surgeries!! Theres quite a few more coming down tomoorow and the next day from Canada to get their vertical sleeves done!! Woohoo!!:001_tongue: I cant wait to see the results!!

IM SO GLAD YOU ARE DOING WELL!!!!!!

how are you feeling!? ... do u have alot of pain or anything? im so close now i can taste it hahhahahah....... boy oh boy!... any advice now that you are there and experiencing it?

Just remember that every day you are there, you feel better and better... by the time you are getting discharged you feel more like yourself. Do your walking and breathing and get your rest while youre there. They will give you pain meds on a regular basis during your stay. On your way out, they also give you more meds to be taking over the next week.

I am feeling good now and excited to be going home On Tuesday. And I cant wait to see what happens over the next few months!! And youre almost there too girl, 2 weeks to go, and youre going to do fabulous...

ohhh if you need conditioner bring it - the clinic only had shampoo.... showering was such a nice feeling!! I looked forward to that and the ice chips the most (and you can request as many ice chips as you want lol)

Getting drinks and more popsicles from the OXXO was also a huge treat afterwards, they have lime ones there that taste like a margarita... such a treat after such a big surgery. Feel free to ask me anything though!! I know before I dont know what I was thinking.... but it all goes really smooth once youre there, and then all of a sudden after 2.5 days youre ready to go back to the hotel. Ill be talking to you soon!!

that sounds pretty do-able !! lol... i dont have my itenerary yet... but im looking forward to these 12 days to go by quickly lol!... did a facilitator go with you?

on another note.. lol.. i was watching anchor man and its based in San Diego.. and i was like OMG im flying there soon for surg.. haha it was weird

Yes a facilitator did and one other girl from Calgary, and there was one more girl from Sask with her mom. It was realy easy to get down here, the driver basically found us waiting at the baggage as he had a sign with Dr.Pompa on it.

ha ha thats too cute about Anchorman, Tijuana is only 14 miles from that airport, its so close and that youre there within 20 minutes! Very easy to do!!

Soon, soon!!

3 days out and whew!! Im glad thats done and that Im now on the other side of it all!! I just wanted to let you know that the last 3 days, Dr.Pompa and her staff have been and were amazing!!

There is no dvd at the hotel or clinic though but they have tons of movies channels that were playing great movies the whole time I was there.

Day 2 - you get ice chips - and trust me even though you cant swallow them, they are the best!!

Day 3 after your leak test - you get a popsycle and its amazing!!

Theres also a pharmacy downstairs where you can buy drinks and an OXXO across the street to buy drinks.< /p>

We go back again in the morning and evening tomorrow to just get checked up on again and so they can also redo out bandaids/ gauzes over the incisions.

Tuesday morning we get to go home!! SO happy about this!!

Good luck with your soon to be visit!!

There were 3 of us there getting ours done at the same time and everyone had successful surgeries!! Theres quite a few more coming down tomoorow and the next day from Canada to get their vertical sleeves done!! Woohoo!!:) I cant wait to see the results!!

Hi CG!! I'm so glad to see you are doing well! Congrats Sleeve Sister!!! :biggrin2:

I'm in the beginning stages of picking a surgeon...I too am a Canadian and have a friend who used Dr. Pompa, but once I started to read this Forum I have realized the cost are almost double....what made you decide to go to Dr. Pompa, was money not a concern or are there other reasons? I'm only asking because I was all ready to book until I started reading how using another option and simply paying for my own flight I could save half the cost....Am I missing something?

Thanks....just need reassurance that this is the best option, its a lot of money.....

I'm in the beginning stages of picking a surgeon...I too am a Canadian and have a friend who used Dr. Pompa, but once I started to read this Forum I have realized the cost are almost double....what made you decide to go to Dr. Pompa, was money not a concern or are there other reasons? I'm only asking because I was all ready to book until I started reading how using another option and simply paying for my own flight I could save half the cost....Am I missing something?

Thanks....just need reassurance that this is the best option, its a lot of money.....

I posted my question in the Canadian thread but haven't yet received a reply. My question has to do with the difference between surgeons running their own clinics and "surgery scheduling facilitators" who act as an intermediary between patient and surgeon, assuming I understand it correctly. Is one option better than the other? Or are the majority of these big name surgeons from Mexico, like Dr Pompa, have big enough clinics with a dedicated team of patient care scheduling facilitators?

Thanks so much in advance