Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Permanent Makeup

I have been thinking for some time now that I want to get permanent makeup (tattoo) for my eyeliner and lip liner.

I personally only know a handful of people who have had this done and out of them one person had a very bad experience and had to have corrective cosmetic surgery. The others all love it.

Do you have it? Good, bad or indifferent.

A friend of mine had her eyebrows done - it looked great. Sadly, as she get's older, her eyebrows are starting to sag below her eyebrow bones and the darker coloration makes this more noticeable. Yikes!

I don't know of anyone who did eyeliner or lipliner. I can't think of a problem with that since the placement of your eyes or lips doesn't rely on your bone structure - I mean, your eyes will always be eyes which would be enhanced by liner. Same with lips I would think. Would the lip liner be the same color as your lips? Would it be pale enough to not look weird if you don't have lipstick on? Interesting thought. I'd like to know what you decide to do and if you do it I'd like to see how it looks.

Can you tell I'm thinking it might not be a bad idea? LOL!

I have my eyebrows done. They were never very dark or very thick to begin with and bleach out in the summer to the point of invisibility. I was using a blond pencil or powder for years to fill them in some and finally got tired of waking up and not having eyebrows, lol! I was in the pool one day and putting on sunscreen and my neice said "you just wiped off one of your eyebrows!". I had thought about tatooing for years and that did it for me. It is relatively common where I live. I am on the Texas/Mexico border and had them done in Mexico at a place that several people recommended. It cost $60, which is extremely inexpensive, and they use sterile disposable needles! They were pretty dark for a few months and then settled in to a perfect light brown color. I absolutely love them. I think they are even better than before tatooing...she calibrated them so that they are perfectly even, perfect arches, perfectly spaced. They look totally natural because my "real" eyebrows are still there, just about the same as when I was filling them in with pencil or powder. I am dying to have the eyeliner done. My last day of school is June 2 and I plan on having my eyeliner done first thing this summer break!

I had eyeliner done on the bottom eyelid only it has faded out you cant even tell it!I had it done 6 years ago it was very painful my eyes almost swelled closed.I could have them re-touched up but its not worth it to me!!

I meant to add...

I have 3 friends who have the eyeliner done. It actually softens and fades slightly after a few years and looks EVEN BETTER! That is why I am dying to have the eyeliner done. 2 of them have a soft black/charcoal gray color and the other has a dark grey/navy blueish color that is very very pretty on her eyes. I dont know anyone that has the lips done so I cant help any there. If I get brave this summer I am posting pics at 50 lbs down and will revive this thread and post a pic of my eyebrows, lol!

Yes, on the fading. I have heard that it fades and has to be touched up every few years.

dsrjrr - that is aweful, I don't blame you I wouldn't go through that again.

DonnaB- I know I am getting Brown for the eyeliner. I haven't decided on the lipliner color and that is my concern, a color that won't look bad if I don't have any lip gloss or lipstick on.

lianna - looking forward to the pics! $60 is a great price. I was told at the Day Spa where I plan to go $350 for lip liner and eye liner.

I can understand eyebrows i guess because its not like they change color much, but I'm always changing my eye makeup and lipstick depending on the clothes I'm wearing or the event I'm going to. I just don't think I could see doing something permanent when you have the option to change colors when ever you want.

I like a very natural look with make up and whilst I rarely go without any (very deep set eyes, shadows, sigh.), I dont like looking "made up" every day. I'd feel stupid running round after kids and doing my day to day stuff with a full face on. I'd never wear lipliner anyway, ever. So for me, nup, I wouldnt do it.

I say that because I know someone who's had it done, and we were away camping with them and it just looked freaky to have on eyeliner and lipliner as you get out of a tent in the morning, lol. There's so many situations where wearing make up would be weird.

That's my lifestyle though, no doubt it would change were I older and back working all week.

Eybrows or correction of faults I can understand, I used to have a chunk out of my natural lipline due to a coldsore scar that really bothered me but it seems to have filled in again now many years later.

My friend had the eyeliner, and lipliner done. The artist was very good and the lines were great but the lipliner began to spread and the lines color changed over time and the color was too purple on the lips. The eyes were great all the time. Her lips had the problems. She pretended to not have a problem with it but no matter what, she would wear lipstick to cover the purple. I felt bad for her. She had it done when colors were very bright and vivid for the lips, not like now where the fashion colors are more basic tones. I think I would just do the eyes.

Has anyone had their eyelashes permanently dyed? For me, when I have just a bit lipstick and mascara on I look fresh and natural.....so I was thinking of having this done.

Carol

a girl at my work does it, but its not permanent, the dye wears off after a few months, but it looks nice.

I have great eyebrows and I thank permanent makeup for it. I have had my eyebrows done so that when I do pluck them... they aren't crooked and I stay in line with the shape of my face. You can't really see it under my hairs unless you are really looking for it. It does give my brows a very full look though my brows are thin. It cost me $250 per brow.

Eyebrows sounds interesting to me, mostly because of what telly said with the plucking, lol.

I had a coworker get the eyebrows and the eyeliner done. The eyeliner is supposed to be touched up every 2 years or something like that, and her eyes were swollen for a week, so I would never have that done.

Also, I would think if you had lipliner done, you would always have to make sure you had lipstick on right?

I have my lower eye-lids done and a lash enhancement done. When I first had it done I was really nervous and wanted "light" makeup so I could get used to it. I LOOOVVVEEE it! That was 2 years ago and I am going this summer to get full eye-liner and lips. I know quite a few people that have had it done and even a few that are permenant make-up techs, all say the same thing...DO YOUR HOMEWORK! Make sure you are going to a reputable person and do a dye test a few days before hand to try and combat any issues with alergies

Skye