Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One month post op today!

WOW time has flown. I was sleeved 30 days ago. I'm down 18 pounds.

I resumed my walking 2 weeks ago and returned to Curves today. Curves about killed me but I feel great. I was panting when I left. :001_unsure:

Its been a real struggle to get in my Protein but I have finally figured out how to do it. I'm mixing powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Unflavored with 2 Medifast shakes a day. That keeps my numbers up. I only discovered this a few days ago. It has made a big difference in my energy level already.

chicken seems to not agree with me just yet. I haven't tried any other meat or fish. Cottage cheese, string cheese and pinto Beans are about the only real foods I eat. I did have the cheese out of a cheese enchilada that was wonderful.

You may want to try lentils, black Beans, refried beans, white kidney beans, steamed spinach mixed with a bit of olive oil and fresh chopped garlic and a touch of sea salt is a great soft and wet healthy vegetable to mix with drained white (or red) kidney beans, or boiled shrimp. Fillet of your favorite fish broiled also goes down easy. I'm almost 6 months out and I've got to use caution when I eat chicken or ground beef. Uncle Ben makes a whole grain cream of wheat hot Cereal that I mix with a little milk and a rounded scoop of whey powder, (solgar vanilla), that give me Fiber and about 24gr. Protein in the morning. You can use greek yogurt and mix the Protein Powder in to up the protein. I love fresh mozzarella, and sharp cheddar cheeses. I've really upped my protein count since I am able to eat solid food, now I hope my thick head of hair will finally grow back!

I'm glad you're doing so well, especially with the Protein. If you like seafood, I'd suggest trying it. It always seemed to go down easily for me, things like crab and fish just melted in my mouth. Good luck introducing new foods.

18 lbs, already! Great job! I found that white meat chicken was too dry and really hurt. I could do dark meat though.

I preferred shrimp and fish, like fresh wild caught salmon, smashed up at first.....seems much easier to get down and did not hurt. Lots of Protein and nutrients.

Okios plain yogurt with stevia as a sweetener, was a favorite...also loads of Protein in it. More protein plus more Water yields more wt loss! Watch out for carbs...no more than 60 gms a day!

Thanks! I like most Beans but I'm not a fish eater. I did buy halibut to try. I have some lobster tails in the freezer. I bought them right after my surgery because Fry's had a killer sale.

I started tracking my food at The Daily Plate yesterday. That will be a big help.

Lan do you think a Tomato tossed in with the spinach, garlic and black Beans would be ok? I used to eat that a lot.

Congratulations on a great first month!!

Thanks! I like most Beans but I'm not a fish eater. I did buy halibut to try. I have some lobster tails in the freezer. I bought them right after my surgery because Fry's had a killer sale.

I started tracking my food at The Daily Plate yesterday. That will be a big help.

Lan do you think a Tomato tossed in with the spinach, garlic and black Beans would be ok? I used to eat that a lot.

Toss that tomato right in there sounds yummy. I was not much of a fish eater either (besides shell fish) and cooked! I can only eat boneless fillet of sole or orange ruffy etc. ,(if the fish doesn't have that fishy taste or smell). I am reminded by you to get back on track with tracking my food. I did that pre-op and right after my surgery but have been slacking and at this point I feel the need to be accountable. Thanks!

Tracking really opened my eyes! I was guessing because I can't eat that much. But I need to keep carbs down as well as Protein up. Its much easier to do when I can see in front of me what I had and what I need for the day.

Tomorrow I'm trying the halibut. Today I had the cheese off a slice of pizza. I was at a dog show. I had string cheese and a Medifast shake with me but I wanted that pizza taste. :crying:

If I don't like the fish I'll have pintos. I have a bunch cooked.

Congrats on your first month!

I had 3 sauteed prawns this past weekend and a frozen fish fillet today. It was wonderful! I do alot of cottage cheese however can't do string cheese. It sits too heavy for me.

I also tried a Healthy Choice frozen meal last night, lasagne and veggies. It will last me for about 3 meals! Such a cheap date! lol

Congrats on your first month!

I had 3 sauteed prawns this past weekend and a frozen fish fillet today. It was wonderful! I do alot of cottage cheese however can't do string cheese. It sits too heavy for me.

I also tried a Healthy Choice frozen meal last night, lasagne and veggies. It will last me for about 3 meals! Such a cheap date! lol

String cheese is too heavy for me also even though I have tried the part skim!. I love mozzarella and tried it fresh in Water and although it is made from whole milk it went down so well and it is 0 carbs. I find shrimp and fish fillet the easiest of any kind of fleshy meat to eat.

Also one-month out; down 16 lbs. I'm not really having trouble eating anything - I just avoid bad carbs as it fills me up too fast - just healthy Proteins.

My Regular day is 1/2 banana w/morning chewable Vitamins. Wait 1 hour to have egg whites. lunch is usually Gorton's grilled fish filet with 1/2 can peas. I eat sooo slowly - lasts over 1 hour. By dinner, I'm eating a small slice of my oven-baked turkey loaf, shrimp & chicken bisque (blender), etc. Snacks during the day usually include a sneak of cottage cheese, or smooth Ricotta cheese. I seem to be doing OK - slow loss, but consistent and I'm never hungry or feel deprived. Just losing a lot of hair - had to buy Rogaine and still keeping warm compresses on my infiltrated veins from surgery.

Congrats on one month. Keep up the good work!

Your loss is about the same as mine. I have a more to lose. I am only weighing monthly now. I really want to see a more dramatic loss. A month will do that.

I'm doing better with food now. I am still avoiding beef. Fish seems the best but Im not a fish fan. Halibut is ok and lobster super yummy. Wish I could eat lobster everyday.

Also one-month out; down 16 lbs. I'm not really having trouble eating anything - I just avoid bad carbs as it fills me up too fast - just healthy Proteins.

My Regular day is 1/2 banana w/morning chewable Vitamins. Wait 1 hour to have egg whites. lunch is usually Gorton's grilled fish filet with 1/2 can peas. I eat sooo slowly - lasts over 1 hour. By dinner, I'm eating a small slice of my oven-baked turkey loaf, shrimp & chicken bisque (blender), etc. Snacks during the day usually include a sneak of cottage cheese, or smooth Ricotta cheese. I seem to be doing OK - slow loss, but consistent and I'm never hungry or feel deprived. Just losing a lot of hair - had to buy Rogaine and still keeping warm compresses on my infiltrated veins from surgery.

Coco,, sounds like you are doing great! Just be aware that bananas and peas are concentrated carbs and could slow down your wt loss. Are you counting carbs? The usual recommendation is no more than 40 grams per day.

My Regular day is 1/2 Banana w/morning chewable Vitamins. Wait 1 hour to have egg whites. lunch is usually Gorton's grilled fish filet with 1/2 can peas. I eat sooo slowly - lasts over 1 hour. By dinner, I'm eating a small slice of my oven-baked turkey loaf, shrimp & chicken bisque (blender), etc. Snacks during the day usually include a sneak of cottage cheese, or smooth Ricotta cheese. I seem to be doing OK - slow loss, but consistent and I'm never hungry or feel deprived. Just losing a lot of hair - had to buy Rogaine and still keeping warm compresses on my infiltrated veins from surgery.

To help with the hair, try taking Biotin and Iron supplements every day. The last two surgeries I had, hairloss started to hit me pretty quickly, but thus far things are going well, with little to no hairloss. Also, being sure to get the Protein in is key to preventing the hairloss as well. best!