Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 4 weeks out today! Yea me!

Before going to bed last night, I took my meds with some bottled Water. I kind of forgot to sip and really took a couple of swigs of the water. I knew immediately that I screwed up! It felt like I had air trapped in my esophagus and needed to burp really bad, but when I tried to burp it gurgled. couldn't get relief until I got rid of it. It wasn't really like throwing up, but just letting the water come back out. It was really uncomfortable until that happened. I feel so "normal" now that sometimes I forget that I have a really tiny tummy and must treat it nicely. :(

I'm so sorry you had that discomfort. It sounds awful! Congrats on being a month out with that incredible weightloss!!

We're all so different. I've been able to gulp down Water or tea since around day 8. Sometimes I wonder if I even have a Sleeve, except that I saw pics of my worm looking Sleeve.

I have done almost that same thing. It is the worst feeling. It is so easy to forget now though, isn't it.

Ok, so this is totally off topic! But, I'm SOOOOOO glad to see another LA person here!! I wanted to know if you would mind messaging me about your whole experience with Dr. Merriman. I'm researching Shreveport docs and was pretty much leaning toward meeting with Dr. Norwood but after talking with my cousin who had him for her vertical band surgery, I wanted to find out about other docs and she had mentioned Dr. Merriman. I know you probably are very busy and still not 100% but when ya feel like it and have the time, I'd love to know all about everything ;-)

And, congrats on your surgery, your recovery and your weight loss!!! How exciting!! So sorry you had to go through the water/meds coming back up though. I guess everything takes awhile to get used to.

God bless ya!

Krystal

kk

If you are self pay, consider Dr Aceves in Mexicali Mexico...his program is awesome, in a full service hospital, and very affordable. I paid 8750. He's done over 700 sleeves, with no leaks, and is more experienced than most physicians in the USA. You just fly to San Diego. They pick you up and bring you back directly to the airport 5 days later. So easy.

Cajun, I JUST got my hubby's support last night for this whole thing after a couple of weeks of praying, LOL There's no way I could go back and say "ok darlin', if the insurance doesn't approve it I'm going to head on down to Mexicali to get it done, k?" LOL

No seriously, we don't have the funds put away to be able to pay cash and I really don't want another bill by financing it. Right now I'm feeling that if it's part of the plan for my life it will all work out with the insurance. And if it doesn't and later I end up with $10-15k (trust me it's happened to us before cuz God's cool like that) then I'll know what to do with it ;-)

I have read great things about a couple of the docs in Mexico from y'all on here. When I first saw ppl had went to Mexico for surgery I was kinda freaked, LOL But after reading y'alls posts it seems like for the most part they are pretty awesome. I'm sure there are some who aren't worth a flip and mess ppl up but that happens here too. So, it's all in the research I suppose.

Have an awesome day!

$8750 is a great price. mine here in the states was around $30,000 and thank goodness my insurance pays so i am ending up paying around $2500-2800 for mine after insurance paid. and of course i only got one nights stay in hospital.

Cajun, I JUST got my hubby's support last night for this whole thing after a couple of weeks of praying, LOL There's no way I could go back and say "ok darlin', if the insurance doesn't approve it I'm going to head on down to Mexicali to get it done, k?" LOL

No seriously, we don't have the funds put away to be able to pay cash and I really don't want another bill by financing it. Right now I'm feeling that if it's part of the plan for my life it will all work out with the insurance. And if it doesn't and later I end up with $10-15k (trust me it's happened to us before cuz God's cool like that) then I'll know what to do with it ;-)

I have read great things about a couple of the docs in Mexico from y'all on here. When I first saw ppl had went to Mexico for surgery I was kinda freaked, LOL But after reading y'alls posts it seems like for the most part they are pretty awesome. I'm sure there are some who aren't worth a flip and mess ppl up but that happens here too. So, it's all in the research I suppose.

Have an awesome day!

KK...yes, research is extremely important. Once a surgeon has done over 300 sleeves, their complication rate goes way down. Cost is not the most important factor...you can get it cheap, then end up in the hospital ICU for months with serious complications and high $$$$$, so research the complication rate for surgeons. Also, try to get the surgery in a full service hospital, with an ICU, Blood bank, etc, just in case a complication does happen. Some surgeons operate in little clinics where that is all the services...bariatric surgery...and if you have a problem, gotta find a way to get to a big hospital for care...not good, especially if you are hemorrhaging or have a serious leak. There are great ones out there...just do your homework and don't be pressured. When you are confident and ready, you will decide.

Have an awesome day!

Hi KK - For what it's worth, my regular doctor 'up here' in Wisconsin told me, when I went to see her and tell her what I was planning...just to make sure she was informed and that she might be contacted....I am from Texas, I am self pay and traveling back 'home' because it is MUCH less expensive in the south. I'm paying $12,500 in Dallas. Anyway, to the point...my doctor told me to just make sure I was having it done at a 'center of excellence'. (and I took her advice) I wasn't sure what it meant at the time, but I have since read up on it and to get that 'stamp of approval' they have to really be good and it's no easy task. So that is just something for you to keep in mind!! Good luck!!!!

I am 4 weeks out today! Yea me!

Before going to bed last night, I took my meds with some bottled Water. I kind of forgot to sip and really took a couple of swigs of the Water. I knew immediately that I screwed up! It felt like I had air trapped in my esophagus and needed to burp really bad, but when I tried to burp it gurgled. couldn't get relief until I got rid of it. It wasn't really like throwing up, but just letting the water come back out. It was really uncomfortable until that happened. I feel so "normal" now that sometimes I forget that I have a really tiny tummy and must treat it nicely. :lol0:

why does this happen?

is it because air is trapped under the water and can't get out or is it realy much more water than the stomach can hold??

i'm on my 4th week and i havn't felt that......(yet)

i really don't know why this happens but it is very uncomfortable until you wither burp or get it out. i guess that is why they tell us to sip very slowly and to not drink while eating. good luck everyone..

I just got my VSG in a Tijuana clinic which was voted top private medical clinic for both 2009 & 2010 on March 17 it is the evening of March 19th now and I am feeling great. I fly home to Canada tomorrow. The doctor, Dr. Pompa is a leader and pioneer in the field trained at mayo Clinic in Florida. the fee is only $7900 and they pick you up at the hotel in San Deigo and take you back when you are done.

Anyone feel free to contact me

I just got my VSG in a Tijuana clinic which was voted top private medical clinic for both 2009 & 2010 on March 17 it is the evening of March 19th now and I am feeling great. I fly home to Canada tomorrow. The doctor, Dr. Pompa is a leader and pioneer in the field trained at mayo Clinic in Florida. the fee is only $7900 and they pick you up at the hotel in San Deigo and take you back when you are done.

Anyone feel free to contact me

Congratulations and "welcome to the losers bench" I hope you will keep us informed as you progress. Best wishes and remember to rest, sip and walk.

Yes, I drink Water normally now. I can gulp now as long as I don't take down too much air.

I know how you feel OP, I did that so many times with pills. I HATE that feeling where you KNOW you just did something bad and you KNOW it is going to come back up. Torture!