Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eloping- yeee haaaaa!!!

I'm so happy for you both! Pork rinds and shakes all around and a toast to the start of your life together!!! You are in the right place for some wine too!:001_unsure:

Yay!! Congrats! You're gonna have so much fun! I would do the same with my boyfriend! I don't like weddings and all the planning, not to mention all the money you have to spend! I'd rather take that money on go on a kick ass honeymoon! Have fun!

Congratulations on your decision. We also went to California to get married, just the two of us. My plan was never to do a big wedding and he didn't mind at all. The funny thing was my family (and there are a lot of them) were all okay with it and actually expecting it, but his were kind of weird about the whole thing. Oh well, it wasn't their day, but ours.

Yep, all we needed (wanted) was bridal bouquet, officiant, marriage license, and photographer (we went the day before to get the license and bouquet). Good luck!!!

How exciting! If you want a nice place to have a fantastic celebration dinner in Napa, go to the Culinary Institute of America. It will be a very special dining experience to remember...not cheap, but absolutely fantastic for such a special day.

I was visiting my sister some years ago and we stumbled upon it...it's in an old stone castly-like building that used to be the Christian Brother's "monastery", where they made the Christian Brothers' wine. Lots of character and ambience. The food is OUT OF THIS WORLD and the service is too. You will love it. My sister and I spent about three hours visiting and reveling in each course...each dish was like a work of art...almost too pretty to eat. But when you ate it...well, it was unbelievable. Worth every penny.

Congratulations! You are doing exactly what I would do!

Here's the link to the Culinary Institute of America's website in Napa:

Wine Spectator Greystone Restaurant-The Culinary Institute of America

The CIA is such an awesome idea. We were trying to get reservations at French Laundry or one of the Michelin's but a 9 tasting menu for an already sleeved person is a tad bit impossible to handle! Will certainly check that out :wink0:

The CIA is such an awesome idea. We were trying to get reservations at French Laundry or one of the Michelin's but a 9 tasting menu for an already sleeved person is a tad bit impossible to handle! Will certainly check that out :tongue_smilie:

I think that French Laundry requires a reservation at least 6 months in advance. CIA also suggests reservations...am not sure if they are required but you can do it online. They are not anywhere as expensive as French Laundry. I see that they also have a tasting menu...that might be better for a new sleever. They also serve you lots of wine so you might need to know that sleevers don't tolerate liquor well from what I read. Might want to pass on that treat especially since you are newly sleeved.

Hey - just wanted to share with my lovely VST family.

So my fiance and I have been engaged since August (after being together for 3.5 years). Unfortunately, I have been the most un-bridey bride out there. In the meantime, our families- (well more like mine) have been a little out of hand with the wedding planning 'thoughts'. We have family all over the world. My mum lives overseas, and INSISTS the wedding be held at her home, and with that comes the 600 guests. His parents live in Georgia and the rest of his family lives in Germany. We live in DC and have most of our friends here. As a result, even starting to think about planning this wedding has been stressful.

So, my fiance has a business trip in California, and we are going to make a side trip to Napa Valley and ELOPE! I have an officiant picked, we have a nice little vineyard that we can say our vows at, I picked a photographer to get a few pictures for our 'Announcement card'. Did I miss out anything? I would love your suggestions. We have a week to go, so not a lot of time to prepare.

Oh- and I picked up a plain white dress at Loehmanns for $59 bucks :)

Congratulations! I'm happy for you! Let me tell you girl, that eloping will solve all those family issues and arguements that's for sure. . and who needs all that extra stress! the thing is it's you and your love and that is all that matters. . .The wedding is really only for friends and family anyhow. . .good luck and the best to you and yours!:biggrin0: