Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was wondering if anyone else is having trouble post-op with their mood. You would think I would be happy because I am losing weight and feeling better physically. I'm not exactly unhappy but I am so moody and *itchy. I am not normally like that. I also tend to keep it all bottled up when I am feeling that way so it makes it even worse.

Does anyone know if it has to do with losing weight? Is it just an emotional process of actually losing the weight? I'm just wondering if this is a natural part of the process or if I am just burning into a *itch.

I have found myself to be a bit more moody myself. I have put it on the fact that I can't eat food to compensate for issues that I normally would have buried in a bowl of ice ceam. Would that be a possible reason for you?

Duh? That is a good point. Sometimes I wander around and just don't know what to do with myself getting more and more irritated. I might need to start working on a positive substitute for when I used to eat.

Another school of thought says that since we store a LOT of hormones in our fat, and we're losing fat so quickly, that rush of hormones can cause mood swings and uber-PMS like symptoms.

Another school of thought says that since we store a LOT of hormones in our fat, and we're losing fat so quickly, that rush of hormones can cause mood swings and uber-PMS like symptoms.

Don't tell that to my husband. If he thinks I have 24/7 PMS, he might just reserve a room at the local hotel for himself and the boys! :crying:

I have wondered what I'm going to do instead of eating- I can so see myself roaming around the house cleaning out closets and then doing it again~! For the PMS- I'm not telling my husband either~ he'll stand at the OR room demanding them not to do the surgery (or get a room with mini me's husband) . lol

Welcome to hormone H3LL. I went nutso for a couple months then would be happy as a clam for a month, drop 30lbs, and be the most evil woman in the world.

Everything that seemed so trivial to anyone else was ENORMOUS to me. Everything that seemed huge to anyone else, I completely blew it off strictly out of spite.

Literally, I had many mood swings, and it still comes and goes. I haven't found any consistency to it.

It's hormonal.

Welcome to hormone H3LL. I went nutso for a couple months then would be happy as a clam for a month, drop 30lbs, and be the most evil woman in the world.

Everything that seemed so trivial to anyone else was ENORMOUS to me. Everything that seemed huge to anyone else, I completely blew it off strictly out of spite.

Literally, I had many mood swings, and it still comes and goes. I haven't found any consistency to it.

It's hormonal.

Shhhhh Tiff - please don't let our husbands know this. :crying:

I have wondered what I'm going to do instead of eating- I can so see myself roaming around the house cleaning out closets and then doing it again~! For the PMS- I'm not telling my husband either~ he'll stand at the OR room demanding them not to do the surgery (or get a room with mini me's husband) . lol

kinda sounded a little weird didnt it? :P

Tiffy, hormone hell describes me at times. Never used to speak up on things too much but now, look out. My daughter said Mom your cranky and pita. I have to say I like being able to voice my opinions, very freeing. I can still say things with humor but the thought gets across! My husband just looks at me, boundaries shifting slightly.

kinda sounded a little weird didnt it? :drool5:

Too funny!

I agree with what Mini-Me said at the beginning. I week post op was very difficult for me. I was losing some weight but also feeling depressed because reality kicked in that I can't really drive to Dairy Queen and get a Blizzard (yum!) or eat at my favorite restaurants for a very long time. It was scary, but thankfully now I have learned to accept it and I'm happy with that.

I would have to agree with the hormonal PMS "thing". I was just talking to Mini-Me this afternoon about some things that were bothering me, and under normal circumstances, they wouldn't phase me at all. Gosh...I better stop PMSing or my kids and boyfriend are also going to join Mini-Me's husband and boys at the hotel!!! :drool5:

Heck, just for good measure, I'll ship my husband, kid, and dog to hang out with all your husbands and kids. . .

I'm at my wit's end, and seriously wish my period would start. I almost flipped my lid today when I couldn't get the stopper out of the kitchen so I could run new dish Water. I was screaming at my kitchen sink, seriously! ! !